Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:36:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin Arbitrage Tool - [UPDATE] Now supporting more than 80 exchanges!  (Read 6332 times)
EricGao (OP)

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 07:04:16 PM

Appreciate the help Lone Star - looking forward to the review.
Lone Shark

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 01:02:28 AM

Appreciate the help Lone Star - looking forward to the review.

LOL. You might have mixed up my name with DarkStar_, thus the "Lone Star" XD

But that's fine.
EricGao (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 07:21:05 PM

Oops, sorry Lone Shark - I gave another voucher to Dark Star so I got you two confused.

Anyways, I'm happy to say that all early access copies have been sold out. I can provide censored proof of sales if anyone is still suspicious (though I know these can be faked). Anyways, if you're still having doubts, you can wait for LoneShark or DarkStar's reviews, or just email me to try yourself, risk free. There's really nothing to lose here, so please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns.
EricGao (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 07:11:37 PM

Currently working on being able to buy/sell within the app.
EricGao (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 08:22:32 PM

Just to clarify again, the slack is for discussion of this tool, not a general arbitrage group.
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 11:02:01 PM

Okay, so I did get a vouch from him, so here is my review: (quite delayed because I was busy recently)

The tool works very well, and should be just as he claimed. I tried a bunch of very "unknown" pairs and they worked. It's very easy to use, and the data is given in a nice table telling you the profit, volume and other useful information. There's also a nice feature that lets you not search on certain exchanges, which I really liked as there's some I wouldn't trust my money with.

There are plenty of arbitrage opportunities to be found, even with more popular coins with LTC and you could easily get your money back if you spend some time taking them.

taking a break - expect delayed responses
EricGao (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 08:07:18 AM

Okay, so I did get a vouch from him, so here is my review: (quite delayed because I was busy recently)

The tool works very well, and should be just as he claimed. I tried a bunch of very "unknown" pairs and they worked. It's very easy to use, and the data is given in a nice table telling you the profit, volume and other useful information. There's also a nice feature that lets you not search on certain exchanges, which I really liked as there's some I wouldn't trust my money with.

There are plenty of arbitrage opportunities to be found, even with more popular coins with LTC and you could easily get your money back if you spend some time taking them.

Thanks for the vouch! Will put this in the main post Smiley
Lone Shark

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 04:16:27 PM

@EricGao,

Sorry my friend, but I was not able to use it as much as I can to really review it from top to bottom as I have been quite really busy. Though I was able to try it for a few minutes and have seen the interface and how it worked.

I hope to have more time to review it when I have free time. I hope you let me, and I would surely write more reviews about it.

Here are my thoughts on it. Note, if you're going to post this as a vouch please do copy the below only just to keep things in perspective.

PROS:
1. The tool worked well. In the sense the it effectively searched a lot and I mean a lot of exchanges. So many that I have never heard of some of them. Though usually arbitrage opportunities mostly came from cryptopia.nz and yolobit.
2. You can literally search any pair on this tool! ABC/BTC? XYZ/BTC? FCK/BTC? SHT/BTC? Yeah, name it! It can search every coin you know on so much exchanges.
3. It's fairly quick. Not instant, but hey, can you individually check  every exchange you know in seconds by hand? If you did, for sure the arbitrage opportunity is already gone by the time you see one if you do it manually.
4. So much options. Want 10% profit per trade? Done. Want 0.01 Profit per trade? Done. Have only 1 BTC to use for trades? Done. Want 0.5 BTC per purchase? Done. It basically has what you need to properly filter out the results so that it will fit your parameters, trading style, budget, etc.
5. Shortcuts! Whenever there is an opportunity found, the tool lists it and gives you quick links to open the exchange where it was found and directly to that pair. So make sure you are logged-in in every exchange to speed up things!
5. Refresh button on each found opportunity. This will be your best friend after you found your opportunities.

CONS:
1. Some coin names inter-lap, causing problems in searches. Coins like REP will likely be a nightmare here. REP on poloniex is different from the REP on yobit. Searching this pair would result in 17,000% profits, just because they are two different coins in both exchange. I found some more of these, but I forget what they were.
2. No domain name. For such a wonderful tool, I am not even sure why the dev has not purchased a proper domain name.
3. No assurance it will last forever. Dev is new to forum, hence we don't know till when is the promise of forever if you buy this. Not saying he will run, because what is the point of running away if you are selling a service anyway? And hey, nothing last forever. Would say, that this is pretty solidly made.
4. Interface could be better. Those GUI freaks will likely hate this. But generally it does what it needs to do, so fuck GUI right?

Reminders:
These are not really cons, but somethings you should look out for when arbitraging or using this tool.
1. Needs plenty of dough. Well, this is inherent in all arbitrage, even in sports. You can do it on a low budget, but again it could eat up your profits.
2. Doesn't compute for fees. Well, there are plenty of fees whenever dealing with exchanges. If you are using a low budget, your profits might be eaten up by fees alone. For example, you want to arbitrage XRP. XRP requires 20 units to be stored in a new address then you have to pay for withdrawal fees. If you're dealing with small amounts, then say good bye to profits there. Just something to look out for. Check withdrawal fees for coins you will trade.
EricGao (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 06:55:49 PM

@EricGao,

Sorry my friend, but I was not able to use it as much as I can to really review it from top to bottom as I have been quite really busy. Though I was able to try it for a few minutes and have seen the interface and how it worked.

I hope to have more time to review it when I have free time. I hope you let me, and I would surely write more reviews about it.

Here are my thoughts on it. Note, if you're going to post this as a vouch please do copy the below only just to keep things in perspective.

PROS:
1. The tool worked well. In the sense the it effectively searched a lot and I mean a lot of exchanges. So many that I have never heard of some of them. Though usually arbitrage opportunities mostly came from cryptopia.nz and yolobit.
2. You can literally search any pair on this tool! ABC/BTC? XYZ/BTC? FCK/BTC? SHT/BTC? Yeah, name it! It can search every coin you know on so much exchanges.
3. It's fairly quick. Not instant, but hey, can you individually check  every exchange you know in seconds by hand? If you did, for sure the arbitrage opportunity is already gone by the time you see one if you do it manually.
4. So much options. Want 10% profit per trade? Done. Want 0.01 Profit per trade? Done. Have only 1 BTC to use for trades? Done. Want 0.5 BTC per purchase? Done. It basically has what you need to properly filter out the results so that it will fit your parameters, trading style, budget, etc.
5. Shortcuts! Whenever there is an opportunity found, the tool lists it and gives you quick links to open the exchange where it was found and directly to that pair. So make sure you are logged-in in every exchange to speed up things!
5. Refresh button on each found opportunity. This will be your best friend after you found your opportunities.

CONS:
1. Some coin names inter-lap, causing problems in searches. Coins like REP will likely be a nightmare here. REP on poloniex is different from the REP on yobit. Searching this pair would result in 17,000% profits, just because they are two different coins in both exchange. I found some more of these, but I forget what they were.
2. No domain name. For such a wonderful tool, I am not even sure why the dev has not purchased a proper domain name.
3. No assurance it will last forever. Dev is new to forum, hence we don't know till when is the promise of forever if you buy this. Not saying he will run, because what is the point of running away if you are selling a service anyway? And hey, nothing last forever. Would say, that this is pretty solidly made.
4. Interface could be better. Those GUI freaks will likely hate this. But generally it does what it needs to do, so fuck GUI right?

Reminders:
These are not really cons, but somethings you should look out for when arbitraging or using this tool.
1. Needs plenty of dough. Well, this is inherent in all arbitrage, even in sports. You can do it on a low budget, but again it could eat up your profits.
2. Doesn't compute for fees. Well, there are plenty of fees whenever dealing with exchanges. If you are using a low budget, your profits might be eaten up by fees alone. For example, you want to arbitrage XRP. XRP requires 20 units to be stored in a new address then you have to pay for withdrawal fees. If you're dealing with small amounts, then say good bye to profits there. Just something to look out for. Check withdrawal fees for coins you will trade.

Appreciate the review. I'd be happy to address the cons in order:

1. This is probably the biggest issue right now. I detail this issue in the guide I send you before use, as there are somethings out of my control. I actually do have a blacklist function in mind, which allows you to blacklist coins. But this still isn't a flawless solution as if another exchange lists this coin in the future, you might miss out on opportunities.

2. Guilty of being too cheap and gauging interest before purchasing a domain. I'll do so right now.

3. Well-founded concern. I think the best safeguard against this is me porting this to a standalone app, or releasing the open source code if something happens where I can no longer work on this project. I am definitely aware of some backup plans in case I am no longer able to support this tool so that users will still have access, so I want to give that assurance to anyone worried about the up-time. That being said, I am getting good interest in this product so far and don't plan abandoning it anytime soon Smiley

4. No excuses here besides that it's a one man project and I'm an engineer, not a designer. That being said while beautification is pretty low on the priorities I feel the pain of an ugly GUI too Smiley

Again, really appreciate this review. Looking forward to what else you find - and as always even negative criticism helps as it will strive to make this tool more robust. I'm not here to make a quick buck - I want to ensure people actually find use and can profit with this tool.
Lone Shark

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 05:08:16 AM

~snip~
Again, really appreciate this review. Looking forward to what else you find - and as always even negative criticism helps as it will strive to make this tool more robust. I'm not here to make a quick buck - I want to ensure people actually find use and can profit with this tool.

Yey free copy. Kidding. Tongue

I wish to really review this in-depth, like show profits and what I've traded to get those profits. Just that I don't have the time right now.

Maybe in the near future, if I had time, I would contact you again and if you let me, I'll write a review about how it does in action.

Cheers,
Lone Shark
EricGao (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 08:24:44 AM

~snip~

Yey free copy. Kidding. Tongue

I wish to really review this in-depth, like show profits and what I've traded to get those profits. Just that I don't have the time right now.

Maybe in the near future, if I had time, I would contact you again and if you let me, I'll write a review about how it does in action.

Cheers,
Lone Shark

You are definitely welcome to message me again anytime. Thanks for checking the tool out.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 08:55:55 AM

Any more vouch copies to be given out? Cheesy I would love to get my hands on one.

The site definitely looks very simple at least at the moment, the interface imo should be improved as time goes on. I realise that it is still the early parts of the service which is why i'm not blaming you for it.

Getting a domain name really helps as well...

Good luck with the project and let me know if i can have a free user Smiley
hello_good_sir

Activity: 1008
Merit: 531

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 09:00:41 AM

Definitely an interesting service. My arbitraging experinece has not been the best one at all, since it should be obvious to anyone that large arbitrage opportinies only arise when there is something that is wrong with the exchange that are listing these pairs. for example yobit would always have higher prices for altcoins but then when you get all pumped up you realise that the wallet is in maintenance mode.

But i like the fact that you're simulating actual trades instead of just getting the last price. orderbooks can be extremely shallow and no profit can be made pracitically even though on paper everything looks good.

And also, maybe take into account transaction fees as well. These can affect your profits especially if dealing with small volume <100 USD.

EricGao (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 07:43:28 PM

Definitely an interesting service. My arbitraging experinece has not been the best one at all, since it should be obvious to anyone that large arbitrage opportinies only arise when there is something that is wrong with the exchange that are listing these pairs. for example yobit would always have higher prices for altcoins but then when you get all pumped up you realise that the wallet is in maintenance mode.

But i like the fact that you're simulating actual trades instead of just getting the last price. orderbooks can be extremely shallow and no profit can be made pracitically even though on paper everything looks good.

And also, maybe take into account transaction fees as well. These can affect your profits especially if dealing with small volume <100 USD.

A lot of good discussion going on. So I actually do have code for the account transaction fees right now - the problem is that some exchanges fees vary per coin and per trading volume. It's not possible for me to factor in every combination, so instead the workaround is to put a base profit percentage that accounts for fees (> 0.4%) so that any trades that would lose out on fees are ignored.

This is also detailed in my guide - it has a FAQ section that I will put on the main post right now.
cozzee02

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 09:34:25 PM

Why would someone pay 0.1 btc for a free tool avaible here and better :
https://manu354.github.io/cryptocurrency-arbitrage/
EricGao (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 10:42:26 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2017, 03:34:10 AM by EricGao

Why would someone pay 0.1 btc for a free tool avaible here and better :
https://manu354.github.io/cryptocurrency-arbitrage/

Far fewer exchanges, fixed refresh time, limited coin options, and very naive calculation of profit.

The page only refreshes every 10 seconds so you're basically stuck with the timeframe they show and the coins they offer. In addition they offer no filtering of volume - bad luck for you if the profit percentage is 10% but you can only buy 0.00001 coins at that price. Definitely wouldn't say it's better.
EricGao (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 07:18:20 PM

Working on subscriptable pairs - you'll be able to check some pairs to subscribe to and get a notification when your filter requirements are met.
EricGao (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 08:00:27 PM

Happy to announce the first update - a beta version of subscription is working now. Simply check the Subscribe button and the results will reload until a match is found, at which point you will get a desktop notification.
EricGao (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 10:58:32 PM

Lowering the price back to 0.1 BTC for now as I need more people to stress test this.
EricGao (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 08:27:46 AM

Just added a new BETA feature. You can now input any base pair.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: