Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:11:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NEWBS WANTED  (Read 2959 times)
ZareliMan

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 12:18:25 AM

That looks like my idea already done  Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
enmaku

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 12:20:18 AM

From the site:

If your sending from the Bitcoin client

I never trust someone with money who can't be bothered to run spelling and grammar check before posting on their supposedly professional page. I overlook your/you're and there/their/they're on forums and such, this is an informal method of communication, but to plaster it on the main page of your web site is something else.
dennis_sweden

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 12:24:59 AM

Why don't you try posting this in regualr section instead of hoping that some gullible newbs might fall for it (no disrespect to newbs - I'm a newb too).
ones51

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 12:44:32 AM

Lol, I wouldn't play this. You know what happens when you gamble, you lose.....
bitlotto

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2011, 12:52:07 AM

Couple problems:
-you say enter for 0.1 but details says 0.01
-there is no way to verify jackpot size?
-you don't describe how you are picking the winner - how does the other website do it? Where is the random number coming from? What's to stop repeating getting the number until you get what you need to win?
-you need to explain who can use the mybitcoin vs who sends to the other one a little more I think (it's for newbies?)
-5% may be consider high when others are lower

I just worry that you are going to get this money without having thought out how you are going to pick a winner without any doubt about whether is was honest or not.

For example:
-With mine, it's IMPOSSIBLE for me to cheat and make myself the winner. With yours we can't be sure. It's impossible for me to pay a person who did not actually win
-For me, it's IMPOSSIBLE to fake how big the jackpot is.

I truly believe you need more details. I'll help. I just don't think you are ready yet. IMHO.

*Next Draw Feb 1*  BitLotto: monthly raffle (0.25 BTC per ticket) Completely transparent and impossible to manipulate who wins. TOR
TOR2WEB
Donations to: 1JQdiQsjhV2uJ4Y8HFtdqteJsZhv835a8J are appreciated.
wildboy211

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 01:04:22 AM

I have a couple solutions for you:
1. Learn PHP/HTML/CSS/MySQL (free tutorials all over the internet).
2. Get a LAMP VPS.
3. Use the learned PHP to build a proper website with the coding you learned.

With PHP, you can provide statistics, generate random numbers, etc. - think of a website as a restaurant, the restaurant may have the greatest food in the world (best idea), but if it looks like a hobo lives there, noone is going to want to eat there. An easy approach would be to go to wsod.org and find a nice template and use that to make a website - its free as well. And if you need any further help, i would be happy to assist - ive created many websites.
InsertButtcoin

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 01:06:38 AM

I'm in! I want to win!
TheBitMan (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 01:59:20 AM

I'm in! I want to win!
shut it down working on a MUCH better site that needs no experience to open
Dimsum

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 02:13:17 AM

The main problem is that you want your site to succeed without really laying out anything yourself - apart from the domain you bought! Apart from "Solution" I don't think anybody wishes you ill will towards your project. You just have to see things from our perspective.

People will only play if you have something worth playing for! I mean you don't even have 1BTC as an offer! Get your machine out and mine a bit if you aren't going to buy some BTC. You can't run a lottery when you don't have a jackpot!

Stop using free webhosting and get your own server and get a page up. The more professional you are, the more people will take you seriously.

You have to put something into this (Webhosting/BTC Jackpot) if you want this to do well. It just seems like you want to do something without any investment on your part - the bare minimum and unfortunately that shows - which makes many people reluctant to participate. If you want to succeed, you have to put something into it too - not just expect donations to give you the jackpot you desire.

FYI, dark colours are never inviting! I'm not out to attack you or anything, just trying to give you some advice.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: