Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 09:16:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing Phoenix Digital Currency  (Read 1503 times)
PhoenixDC (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 07:14:50 AM

I would like to introduce Phoenix Digital Currency.  Phoenix Digital Currency is an anonymous alternative to Bitcoin which has a fixed market valuation ($0.90-$1.10) and an intrinsic valuation of $1.  Unlike Bitcoin, whose valuation is variable, which makes it difficult for retailers to set consistent pricing, Phoenix Digital Currency's fixed valuation ensures retailers know ahead of time what to expect at the exchanges.  Phoenix Digital Currency also has a hybrid model to support real-time payments through the decentralisation of prepaid card processing.  Our hope here is to create millions of jobs worldwide, with people like you processing payments for up to 500 people.  With an average spend of $1000 per month, for which you charge a fixed 3% fee, everyone can expect a return of around $180000 per year.  Phoenix Digital Currency will find a home as an alternative to SWIFT and other forms of international transfer systems.  It will also find a home as a place to park capital away from all forms of risk.  While Phoenix Digital Currency is completely anonymous, it does have the ability to recover coins which are stolen, making it one of the most secure networks in the world.

Just like Bitcoin, Phoenix Digital Currency is an open peer-to-peer network with a client anyone can download.  We have developed our own open-source technology which will be made available on Github in the next several week.  Our network layer is built upon AMQP 0.9.1 providing extremely high throughput for transaction processing and the ability to scale from a single box solution to multiple data centres, all without any code changes.  We support escrow and multisig as well.  Powering all of this is our open-source, cross-OS library, called LibPhoenix.  LibPhoenix is an all in one solution which allows the rapid creation of digital currency, in-app currencies, exchanges, online wallets, payment processors, etc.  Further LibPhoenix has been designed with enterprise in mind, providing simple things like centralisation of data and wallets in an internal network, edge architectures for single point downloading of blocks and transactions.  We paid attention to the issues people reported when using Bitcoin and rolled those solutions into Phoenix Digital Currency.

As part of our launch we're creating a $10 billion block which will be sold at a fixed rate of $0.80.  This is to permit people to buy in quickly, provide currency to exchanges without upfront costs, etc.  Its not quite an ICO, because speculation has limited ability to drive up value, however, there is an opportunity here to make up to 30% which still makes its larger than any current ICO.

On the issue of smart contracts, our main blockchain does not support this.  Our main blockchain is for financial transactions.  We are currently exploring the ability to create blockchains dedicated to the task of smart contracts which can be shared across the web between groups.  Our AMQP network layer also provides the ability for these smart contract blockchains to operate in their own private networks, or be openly accessible.  We think this is a more pragmatic solution where confidentiality must exist.

We have only been online less than a week at this point, we have our website , Twitter and Facebook up.  We haven't done a lot of advertising at this point as we're focused on delivering the software.  At this stage, we'd invite you to join us and perhaps even pitch in if possible.  Here are our links:

http://phoenixdigitalcurrency.com/
https://twitter.com/DcPhoenix
https://www.facebook.com/phoenixdigitalcurrency/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1931326547144103 - Facebook Group: Join this to get the latest info
RJX
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 07:20:34 AM

I like it! The penguin made me laugh.

Need a Dutch translation of your announcement?
PhoenixDC (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 07:26:37 AM

We'll require every bit of assistance we can get going forward.  Check out our page on the steering group for Phoenix Digital Currency, paid positions will be made available in time.

http://phoenixdigitalcurrency.com/aboutus
RJX
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 07:35:47 AM

We'll require every bit of assistance we can get going forward.  Check out our page on the steering group for Phoenix Digital Currency, paid positions will be made available in time.

I read that part too. Submitted.

Considering your newbie status you're not able post colorful announcements. Should you want that tho, let me know and I'll post it for you.
nimethasa

Activity: 518
Merit: 283

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 07:36:35 AM

not explain spefication coin this thread dev
and phoenix digital currency plan open ico selling or not

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

PhoenixDC (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 07:44:55 AM

I read that part too. Submitted.

Considering your newbie status you're not able post colorful announcements. Should you want that tho, let me know and I'll post it for you.

Great, we'll be in contact soon.  I'm not sure what a colorful announcement is in the context of this forum, but it sounds good, so go for it.  Thanks.  As an open peer-to-peer network, its just like Bitcoin in that we hope the community that evolves around it will take the ball and run with it.  At phoenixdigitalcurrency.com, the steering group will be responsible for management of the brand IP, but that's just a nuclear option should anything which could damage the network emerge.  Hopefully, it will be rarely used, I'd much rather see people buy into this as a way to change their local communities and improve their businesses.  I personally don't like the scammy nature of much of the Finance world and one of the primary goals of Phoenix Digital Currency is to clean that up and keep it clean.
PhoenixDC (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 07:54:51 AM

not explain spefication coin this thread dev
and phoenix digital currency plan open ico selling or not

The full specification will be explained fairly soon.  That will come as we're uploading the client and LibPhoenix to Github sometime over the course of the next few weeks.  Its fairly similar to Bitcoin, although I've overhauled everything from the proof-of-work, to Merkle trees.  It uses Quad SHA512 nearly everywhere and there is also a custom hashing algorithm I wrote called InfiniHash in there.  Although, at this stage, InfiniHash isn't actually used for anything, as I want it examined by the crypto community first.  We also use a slightly different paradigm than most cryptocurrencies of coins and denominations, this improves anonymity by making blockchain analysis fairly impossible.

As for an ICO, we will be offering a $10 billion block at the reduced rate of $0.80.  There is the potential to make up to 30% on purchases made from this block.  As exchanges come online, the minimum purchase amount from this will be increased to permit the exchanges to grow. So, while not exactly an ICO, it is roughly similar to a $3 billion ICO.
RJX
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 07:59:23 AM

Great, we'll be in contact soon.  I'm not sure what a colorful announcement is in the context of this forum, but it sounds good, so go for it.  Thanks.  As an open peer-to-peer network, its just like Bitcoin in that we hope the community that evolves around it will take the ball and run with it.  At phoenixdigitalcurrency.com, the steering group will be responsible for management of the brand IP, but that's just a nuclear option should anything which could damage the network emerge.  Hopefully, it will be rarely used, I'd much rather see people buy into this as a way to change their local communities and improve their businesses.  I personally don't like the scammy nature of much of the Finance world and one of the primary goals of Phoenix Digital Currency is to clean that up and keep it clean.

Colorful like your website, with pictures of the aspirational (and awesome) penguin, pictogram-links and such. You cannot post those yet. I sadly do not have time right now to hobby this into bbcode for you but when you do, I'll edit my first post to fit in in there.
PhoenixDC (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 08:52:05 AM

Ok, thanks.  I like the little Penguin.  He started out life as an actual Phoenix, but due to fact that I can't draw I ended up with a Penguin that made me laugh.  But it grew on me and I decided to use it.  I think it is distinctive and captures the spirit behind the organisation quite well.
basket ball

Activity: 970
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 09:05:06 AM

To many project on this jully
May this project will not success, They just carelessly make the project, who will invest in a project like this?

....TRUEPLAY.io....♣ TRANSPARENT AND HONEST GAMBLING PLATFORM
PRE-SALE STARTS 15th APR, 2018
♠ 30% DISCOUNT
    SITE
ANN THREAD
WALLET
PhoenixDC (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 09:19:51 AM

To many project on this jully
May this project will not success, They just carelessly make the project, who will invest in a project like this?

From a technical and economic perspective, this outperforms anything which is currently available.  It also aligns better with business use cases.  It basically takes Bitcoin and corrects all the various issues it has.  The big selling point is that it is safer than the banks for long term capital storage.

Phoenix Digital Currency should dominate the global market over the next decade.
PhoenixDC (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 09:57:28 AM

If anyone wants to help out, please let us know.  Join our Facebook group, or signup at our AboutUs page on our website.  We're looking for a wide range of people and skills, from developers, to experts in fintech and legal.
RJX
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 01:32:08 PM

Ok, thanks.  I like the little Penguin.  He started out life as an actual Phoenix, but due to fact that I can't draw I ended up with a Penguin that made me laugh.  But it grew on me and I decided to use it.  I think it is distinctive and captures the spirit behind the organisation quite well.

It's a good logo and may well be more brilliant then you ever intended it to be.
PhoenixDC (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 01:54:55 PM

It's a good logo and may well be more brilliant then you ever intended it to be.

I think that also.  Its simple, easily recognisable and it does stand out.  I've seen it mixed with hundreds of other logos now on various platforms and its fairly easy to pick it out of the crowd.  Going forward, there is plenty of room to play with that design and even build a broader identity for the penguin itself.  Its certainly something that can be brought to life and provided a back story and general personality.  Its all about getting creative here.  There is even the potential for cuddly toys, etc.
skaynet

Activity: 326
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 02:21:47 PM

Logo used for a project. Is a good project hanging from a good logo ....
dwink

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 03:38:45 PM

So basically: Not an ICO, but hey; I'm premining 10 Billion (theoretical USD) worth of coins and you fools are welcome buy it from me for 8 Billion.  Roll Eyes

There are idiots, and then there are Idiots!
maldini

Activity: 952
Merit: 308

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 03:43:38 PM

Nowadays people only spend time making announcements, even though they already know that their project will not be successful, and only really serious projects can succeed
RJX
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 04:24:27 PM

Logo used for a project. Is a good project hanging from a good logo ....

Decide for yourself:
http://fortune.com/2017/06/16/business-logos-evolution-importance/
hh_relic

Activity: 39

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 04:34:02 PM

I do not understand what is the use of the project since we are discussing the same project here?
PhoenixDC (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 04:46:32 PM

So basically: Not an ICO, but hey; I'm premining 10 Billion (theoretical USD) worth of coins and you fools are welcome buy it from me for 8 Billion.  Roll Eyes

There are idiots, and then there are Idiots!

If this were a commercial enterprise, I'd be right there with you in that statement.  However, this is an open peer-to-peer network with a fully functional global payment system.  There is a tangible product, it simply needs to be used to work.  Ultimately, this pre-mined block can't be translated into hard cash without the network having demand.  No one would buy it if it can't be used.  Further, this capital is used by the steering group and to supply exchanges, its not like its all going into someone's pocket.

So, while I can see where you are coming from on this, its not applicable in this instance.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: