Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:01:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If all the FUD is about Bitcoin split, why Altcoins are falling? lol  (Read 924 times)
Metros (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 09:24:21 AM

Isn't it should be other way around?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mktorn

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 10:03:43 AM

This market is completely irrational, can't use common sense to figure it out at all. Panic selling spreads like wildfire across all coins
xbiv2

Activity: 560
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 10:56:47 AM

read links in my signature

hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 11:03:11 AM
Last edit: July 11, 2017, 09:30:54 PM by hase0278

It should be the other way around but there are various reasons why altcoins are falling too even if bitcoin is falling. Probably the main reason many altcoins are falling because in anticipation of bitcoin split, many people are selling their altcoin stash, converts it into bitcoin and convert it into fiat to secure money.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 11:11:26 AM

This market is completely irrational, can't use common sense to figure it out at all. Panic selling spreads like wildfire across all coins

actually not completely irrational!
there is some logic in there too.

it is not all panic selling it is the fake pumps. you are missing the point that any price is a value and a value comes from utilities and when there are no utilities there shouldn't be a value.

and when that happens prices become fake, become unstable and drop fast. people have been investing in many of the altcoins with the hope that one of them becomes as big as bitcoin. they thought they were early adopters like the investors in 2009-2010 of bitcoin. but when they face the reality they give up and dump. hence the price drops all over the altcoin market.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
elite3000
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 11:17:41 AM

if people don't believe in Bitcoin, why would they believe in any other crypto?

they just cash out
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 11:17:55 AM

When bitcoin is healthy people tend to buy alts and cash flow into them, when bitcoin is falling people want out and one of the easiest and most common ways to get out is through btc so most alts start to swap for bitcoin and then USD which causes more downfall of the alts and bitcoin. It was always like this if you are a wise trader you will know that this is the best time to buy alts as when there is a big fall most of the famous alts with high volume tend to try to correct and start in the green zone when you could sell.
 Panic sellers see exit, while cleaver traders see an opportunity.

This is in my opinion the reason for alt fall so uncertainty about bitcoin (UASF) -> leads to uncertainty of the whole market, when btc dumps it pulls alts with it.
Metros (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 11:19:30 AM

It should be the other way around but there are various reasons why altcoins are falling too. Probably the main reason many altcoins are falling too because in anticipation of bitcoin split, many people are selling their altcoin stash, converts it into bitcoin and convert it into fiat to secure money.

Damn that make sense now, silly me.

Thank you!
densuj
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 11:21:14 AM

Yes i agree with you market is completely irrational, that is why i have made thread on trading discussion section, trading is unpredictable job please check on here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1571742.msg15776219#msg15776219
Many factors that make movement of price include psychology of trading, so we must need system of trading that gives constant profit from trading because the skill of analisys fundamental or technical are not enough.
fortress

Activity: 36
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 11:31:32 AM

Some of it is probably due to the fact that most of these coins are premined, instamined or have an ICO. And when people holding large amounts of coins start to dump to get bitcoin at cheaper price, that's what happens...
Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 12:29:08 PM

It should be the other way around but there are various reasons why altcoins are falling too. Probably the main reason many altcoins are falling too because in anticipation of bitcoin split, many people are selling their altcoin stash, converts it into bitcoin and convert it into fiat to secure money.
IT makes complete sense . I think i have to go with this point but i am finding the reason why altcoins are failing still i cant figure out is this fake dump or is there any genuine reason behind .Even Based on my assumption long time investors taking their profit and converting into Fiat .
xiaohang07

Activity: 392
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 12:32:03 PM

Agree. Basically some people are cashing out to reduce the pressure induced by holding altcoins.

Mahanton

Activity: 2702
Merit: 626

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 12:38:28 PM

When one person do tell about a single fud then it would really scatter and as you said its just really like a wildfire,once it started it will really crawl into a large area and this thing we are witnessing now. FUDS are everywhere on cryptoworld specially on the upcoming event on august. We can see all reds on the market  bitcoin together with all alts in the market. They are all connected and we should really be familiar on crypto market because they do really move on this way. A single news will really make effects on their prices.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
aaron2024

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 01:11:50 PM

Bitcoin has the best developers in the world, and it's supposed to be the safest and most stable cryptocurrency. If people can not trust it, why would they trust some random altcoin?
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 03:04:38 PM

Thats what I dont understand. As far as I know if you sell a bitcoin to buy an altcoin, then Bitcoin will go down, and Altcoin will GO UP. Then what the heck is happening BOTH Bitcoin and ALL Altcoins are digging their path to hell? I dont understand this bitcoin correction. Its so weird. If Bitcoin is down, there should be an ALTCOIN Party right?

BTCwriter
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 03:06:00 PM

So this is not about The Flippening and Eth congesting Blockchain?
Oh my
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 03:16:01 PM

Most of the panic is manufactured, you mean to tell me everyone woke up this weekend and decided to all get scared at once about August 1st?

It is whales mass dumping everywhere to create the terror and they make money that way.

Sure there is some legitimacy to the fears about a blockchain split but believe it or not there are alot of people who don't follow this blocksize debate religiously and instead what gets their attention is falling prices because it affects their bottom line.  It's the price action not the news that drives the panic.
Metros (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 03:36:45 PM

Most of the panic is manufactured, you mean to tell me everyone woke up this weekend and decided to all get scared at once about August 1st?

It is whales mass dumping everywhere to create the terror and they make money that way.

Sure there is some legitimacy to the fears about a blockchain split but believe it or not there are alot of people who don't follow this blocksize debate religiously and instead what gets their attention is falling prices because it affects their bottom line.  It's the price action not the news that drives the panic.

It is a combination of all and sure Whales used it.

They cashed out a lot and if you notice many bought back when it went all time low.

I hope that more hands got in rather then more whales..

But until we'll reach 1trillion market cap, whales will be able to play and get people to panic sell.
europesss

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 03:39:52 PM

Because most of altcoins are using BTC/altcoins trading pair, when BTC drops, the altcoins will follow to drop.
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 04:34:30 PM

From my experience every single time ive come to doubt bitcoin due to another bitcoin is dying thread or whatever dramas it might be at the time bitcoin has always come back harder than it was before. Imo After august first bitcoin is going to explode in value. Money will drain out of the alts and into bitcoin because what other coin has stood the test of time like bitcoin has?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: