Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:30:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Beginner NiceHash Questions  (Read 233 times)
Rustylove (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 11:56:22 AM

Hi all,

Really loving the forum.

I'm getting started on my first mining setup with a few older cards to experiment with.

In particular I have an old Radeon 550 4GB card that I'm using for the most part of the following example. I'm using NiceHash Miner, I'm based in Australia and currently mining Ethereum through the USA NiceHash Servers.

Two questions:

1)

In the link below I've got a screen shot of my current miner output. Every 15mins or so I seem to be kicked from the server with the "Stratum connection to..." message. This seems to also kill the MH/s for ~10seconds before it seems to ramp up again. Does anyone know the cause of this? I have constant network connectivity running a ping to 8.8.8.8 -t constantly without fail.

https://ibb.co/moHUAF

2)

I've been reading that a lot of you put a series of commands into a batch file looking something like:

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
timeout /t 4
sgminer.exe

If I'm using NiceHash to run my instance of sgminer how do I trigger these commands, and for those of us new to the game what do these commands (and the 5 ish other variations of these GPU setting codes) do?

Any help or beginning guide would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

James
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: