Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:10:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling bitcoins  (Read 375 times)
sedrick (OP)

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 12:12:31 PM

Hi friends, it has been quite a long time since i joined this forum after my friend told about me bitcoins and the value it will have after few years. It took me nearly 8 months to understand how btc works.

But as time went on i got more additiced to faucets as i was eager to earn btc. I used to spend most of the time with my mobile trying to earn from faucets. To my disappointment, i only earned 100k satohis for the past months. Then i realized that these faucets are of no use to earn and the only way to earn btc was to offer some service or joining any campaign.

After 10 months, i got a chace to work in a campaign and i did receive my payment. I wanted to sell the btc which was in my Coinbase wallet. I live in India so i thought most of members sell them on localbitcoins. When i sent the btc from my wallet it took 60k satohis as tranfer fee and was charged another 48k sathois in local bitcoins as fee. Now i only have 85k satohis in my wallet. I feel very heart broken that i have lost my btc just on fee.

Can some one help which is best wallet where i can store my btc and will not have charges for selling my btc. Your answers will really help me in the future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 01:22:47 PM

Hi friends, it has been quite a long time since i joined this forum after my friend told about me bitcoins and the value it will have after few years. It took me nearly 8 months to understand how btc works.

But as time went on i got more additiced to faucets as i was eager to earn btc. I used to spend most of the time with my mobile trying to earn from faucets. To my disappointment, i only earned 100k satohis for the past months. Then i realized that these faucets are of no use to earn and the only way to earn btc was to offer some service or joining any campaign.

After 10 months, i got a chace to work in a campaign and i did receive my payment. I wanted to sell the btc which was in my Coinbase wallet. I live in India so i thought most of members sell them on localbitcoins. When i sent the btc from my wallet it took 60k satohis as tranfer fee and was charged another 48k sathois in local bitcoins as fee. Now i only have 85k satohis in my wallet. I feel very heart broken that i have lost my btc just on fee.

Can some one help which is best wallet where i can store my btc and will not have charges for selling my btc. Your answers will really help me in the future.

Unfortunately, fees are required for all Bitcoin transactions so you are going to get stuck with fees regardless of which wallet/service you use. You can send a lower than normal fee and wait a long time for it to confirm if this is something you are interested in doing. I would say that it probably really isn't worth selling low values such as 100k satoshi due to the fees involved.
sedrick (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 02:49:51 PM

So i guess its not worth selling btc which are less as the fees will be the same if i sell 100k satohis or 1btc.

What is best wallet which you can suggest. I checked the thread in beginner and help about wallets but there are many.
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 02:58:24 PM

Hi, coinbase itself is one of the best wallets. For you to redeem small amount of bitcoins in India, try topping up your mobile (or other) with bitrefill for cash as bitrefill will directly deduct your balance from coinbase without taking any transaction fees.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Beparanf

Activity: 2758
Merit: 761

Burpaaa

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 03:08:42 PM

So i guess its not worth selling btc which are less as the fees will be the same if i sell 100k satohis or 1btc.

What is best wallet which you can suggest. I checked the thread in beginner and help about wallets but there are many.

It is better to store first huge amount of bitcoin before you withdraw it because the transaction fee right now is too expensive because of traffic on transaction which cause force all user to set high fee to prioritize it by miner. Try using blockchain or electrum,but again, all wallet has a transaction fee. Just follow my advise.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
sedrick (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 03:48:06 PM

Thank you for clearing my doubts on withdrawing btc from my wallet. I take your advice and will save huge  btc before i try to sell them. Moving forward i think i should think wisely before i try sell btc and also wait for the price of btc to raise. But i guess this is goin to take a lot of time.
nejibens

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 05:29:28 PM

Thank you for clearing my doubts on withdrawing btc from my wallet. I take your advice and will save huge  btc before i try to sell them. Moving forward i think i should think wisely before i try sell btc and also wait for the price of btc to raise. But i guess this is goin to take a lot of time.

Just keep collecting bitcoins, and don't even try to sell very small amounts because it is really worthless, in addition as you noticed the fee will take good part of your hard earned small amount. When the Bitcoin price rise to high level you will find that your collected btc worth some good amount and this time you can sell it.
Erica Harris

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 01:12:03 AM

Interesting discussion. Same thoughts here. There's a lot of exchanges out there. I found that coinmarketcap.com gives quite a decent overview.  I really advice people to take a look at:  https://www.coincheckup.com They give great insights in the team, the product, advisors, community, the business and the business model and other techincal insights.  Check: https://www.coincheckup.com/coins/Bitcoin#analysis For a complete Bitcoin Detailed report.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: