Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 12:45:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What does 'Pump and Dump' means in crypto trading ?  (Read 6639 times)
BigTeeths

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:24:52 AM

Pump and dump is an organized and manipulative way to make the coins jump to all time highs and the larger the group, the larger the multiplier like 10x and above. It was very popular last year but not today and I know it is because of regulations.
naruto7676

Activity: 318
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 07:01:01 AM

you make this thread on July 11, 2017 and now it is in make sure you are very good at trading, and also now your rank is Sr Member and soon become Hero Member.

hopefully from your experience in trading can find out when will pump and dump an Altcoins so it can be used for you.

The Pump I'm aware of is a sudden increase in coin And Dump is a sudden loss of coin today as I think today the market is suddenly dumped by traders so all the coins in the market are now down.
Kira_lapa

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 08:21:45 AM

Pump - intensive price increase (coins)
Dump - Strong price movement down.
In order to organize pump of crypto currencies, in some cases, considerable funds are required, the amounts can reach 6-digit numbers. Pump may be organized by one player or a group of people holding a pre-bought coin.
s.mahmood

Activity: 294
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 05:16:57 PM

Pump and dump another speech is high and low.When coin price is going to increase   we say it is pump time, on the side when coin price is going to decrease we say it is dump time.
raghovsing34

Activity: 333

Security and Privacy Features on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 05:23:40 PM

It is very simple mate. The meaning of pump is price increasing and dump mean price decreasing. You need to buy coin at dump and need to sell after pump.

▄ ▄▄  We reinvented the way privacy and anonimity should look like  ▄▄ ▄
▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄           PRIVIX.io           ▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄▄
nightways

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:14:58 AM

In cryptocurrency, pump is a signal or a sign to investors that they crypto market will rise and good investors will buy hold,while dump is a signal that they values will fall significantly
There are diverse concepts in the market. Among them all, a pump which is a sign of price appreciation is a desirable state to hold the coins and try to invest up to the limit your budget can allow you. In dump, many people might stay away from the market but that is normally the good time to invest because you can buy many coins with a little money and this is what maximizes your utility in future.
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:36:54 AM

hi all.,

i am not a day trader , so i dont know much about these terms.,

there was trollbox on polo where people used to say pump and dump specific coins. but trollbox is gone now.,

from basic understanding dump means DROP,
does the PUMP means buy ?

Dumping and pumping are things that are very related to price manipulation, this is manipulating the outstanding coin prices.
A manipulator usually has a lot of capital and they do this to gain profit for themselves and cause harm to many people.
This will always happen and every time we must be prepared to deal with the behavior of manipulators who manipulate prices.
MUG1WARA

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 01:44:08 PM

hi all.,

i am not a day trader , so i dont know much about these terms.,

there was trollbox on polo where people used to say pump and dump specific coins. but trollbox is gone now.,

from basic understanding dump means DROP,
does the PUMP means buy ?

Dumping and pumping are things that are very related to price manipulation, this is manipulating the outstanding coin prices.
A manipulator usually has a lot of capital and they do this to gain profit for themselves and cause harm to many people.
This will always happen and every time we must be prepared to deal with the behavior of manipulators who manipulate prices.
I think those who have a lot of money are the ones who control the market price so he can make a price and of course it's good for him and others who will get a loss

Raiwenkai

Activity: 60

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 03:06:44 PM

As far as I know dump means drop, decrease or low and pump means increase  or high so its better to buy if the token is dump and time to sell if the token is pump.
lushlife

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 08:02:03 PM

No, price pump means the price is increasing and dump means price is decreasing, so it is ideal to buy whenever
price dumps and sell whenever price pumps.
biletskiy

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 08:16:52 PM

Nevertheless, I do not think that these fluctuations will be stopped once. The volatility might be reduced but not so very much sufficiently. The market prices will be always swinging.
Sum24

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 07:34:56 PM

As far as I know dump means drop, decrease or low and pump means increase  or high so its better to buy if the token is dump and time to sell if the token is pump.
You are perfectly right actually when in market more people use to sell coin and the price will get down because of high supply while low demand it calls as dump of price in this situation we should buy more and never sell. On the other hand when more people use to buy bitcoin and get more bitcoin to save for long time, it makes the price high because it can make demand higher than supply in this situation we should take advantage and sell our coin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: