Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:14:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why the bitcoin price is going down  (Read 1683 times)
DRaGoN RaNTaRo

Activity: 319
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 09:40:44 PM

Because whales must scare people in order to buy low and get big profits in the future at the cost of panic sellers. It is nothing personal against you, they only want your money.
Do not just underestimate that the whales are scaring people ,understand the reality,we are having some technical upgrades and there is a certain uncertainty when it comes to the future and so is the reason there is panic and the investors and booking their profits.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
webcrypt

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 09:41:06 PM

HI Guys,
 Today i invested 3000USD for bitcoin. but i found that from last 2 days its price is down. I am new to this bitcoins. i am little scary to keep this much amount because it is going down. its already come down to 75USD less when compared to to my investment time.
Is there any particular reason for this change is the BTC price..?
can i keep the investment as it is  or can i sold it for loss of 100usd..?
please suggest me... .

You are buying on a spike/peak. When you make speculative buys the main strategy is to buy low sell high. You are buying high and .... most a speculation a low in the next few weeks.

I am sure many bullish people on here will tell you it will go up, up,, but other will tell you they are waiting for a crash.  Never know in the world of speculative investments.
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 09:47:13 PM

Because whales must scare people in order to buy low and get big profits in the future at the cost of panic sellers. It is nothing personal against you, they only want your money.
Do not just underestimate that the whales are scaring people ,understand the reality,we are having some technical upgrades and there is a certain uncertainty when it comes to the future and so is the reason there is panic and the investors and booking their profits.

This is taken from one article, if you follow bitcoin news you can find it on many portals:
"The value of the total supply of all cryptocurrencies and crypto assets tracked similarly, dropping to $72bn, a figure that was 37 percent lower
than its all-time high of $115bn set in June."
   More people selling than buying in this moment, and as you can see crypto-assets in total, so this price decrease is not happening just with
Bitcoin, other crypto currencies are also going down.
   For many people bitcoin is long term investment, if OP bought bitcoin at $2100 he should wait end of the year or longer before he sell his
bitcoins.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
ktabb

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2017, 09:50:02 PM

The reason for this decline in price is because (as I've mentioned MANY times on these forums before) bitcoin is extremely overvalued right now. Bitcoin is not worth anywhere near its current price. People overbought on media hype, trying to get rich quick. This bearish trend will continue for at least a few months, but more likely a few years. This bubble is over. If you want to get in on the next one, you're gonna likely have to wait a while. If you are holding bitcoin now, expect to take losses for the short/medium term. You may make money if you hold for several years, but you will likely lose a lot of money before that. IMO holding bitcoin right now is a bad idea unless you have been holding for years and plan to continue holding for at least several more years.

khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 09:53:38 PM

I do not know why some posters here talking about some kind of  correction and overvalued   and some bullshit . There is a simple logic ( when people are running from dinosaur you can not just point out that people are running because of the lion running beside this dinosaur ) !! . The current price fall now is a normal thing because and only because  of the upcoming events  (1 August) the status of uncertainty most of us have right now .  Just Hold your coins for now and wait .
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 11:47:42 PM

I do not know why some posters here talking about some kind of  correction and overvalued   and some bullshit . There is a simple logic ( when people are running from dinosaur you can not just point out that people are running because of the lion running beside this dinosaur ) !! . The current price fall now is a normal thing because and only because  of the upcoming events  (1 August) the status of uncertainty most of us have right now .  Just Hold your coins for now and wait .

See the impact should be seen that the reduction of bitcoin prices reached 40%. This is an unusual thing over the last few months. We all get in shock when bitcoin prices are declining continuously and many people are experiencing panic. This is a natural thing, imagine when you have an investment of 100,000USD and you should be ready to lose 40,000USD. This is a scary thing for investors. You have to consider how much you lose.
DrGuns4Hands

Activity: 910
Merit: 550

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 03:12:25 AM

because people here in bitcoin is afraid in the result of segwit and the chance of splitting the chains they're just being aware about the possibility that could happen in their bitcoin so they're selling it out that's why bitcoin price is going down dont worry bitcoin price will grow again after august 1st.
mrjoy15

Activity: 840
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2017, 07:31:28 AM

Because of Speculations and Fear are working perfectly to bring BTC price down. That case, Someday it’s the ICOs selling gradually rather than in one big dump after what happened with Status. Can’t confirm though. They could be many, many reasons causing this.
bucciarati

Activity: 700
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2017, 07:37:06 AM

today i received an email from axn talking about potential bitcoin network disruption after the 1st August, so it tells much about the uncertainity about future of btc, but i am still positive

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 08:05:03 AM

it's because of the issue around the possible chain split, just don't panic, will be solved in a matter of weeks, keep your money on hold position now, or if you can you can dump and buy more coin if you didn't bought everything at peak

it's also obvious that some wahles, are trying to tak eadvantage of this and scare investors by causing a panic selling, which is always the case when there are bad news, i think long term holder should not care much about the value anyway...
wallstone

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 04:03:44 PM

If you wish to become real bitcoin investor you don't need to get panic even for -1000$ fall. Bitcoin is not stable and many people are cashing out their founds because of coming SegWit, nobody knows what kind of changings it will bring with itself; will it be the raise of the price or fall. But I suggest you just to keep your founds, as the history showed bitcoin grow back after the fall, so, in the case if the price will drop I am sure it will come back on the same price level as today and continue it's growth in the future.

Yes. As I have said the price of bitcoin constantly fluctuates. So right now, its going crazy and the price is going downhill. To the OP, I think this is the perfect time for you to get it because the price is really down. I just hope you are not shaken if the price is going down like now. Segwit is coming over and I think this will bring a good impact to the price soon. So I advise you to get and buy bitcoin now and the coming days.
I think the main reason why the price of bitcoin going down is the fluctuation of supply and demand in the online market or trading sites. Every day and month or hours the price bitcoin is always change and I think the number of people who have or buy it is also the reason to going down the price of bitcoin.
mrBTCman

Activity: 80
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 09:54:15 AM

Because of the hard fork. That’s why some people withdraw their Bitcoins. Honestly I thought that the price would be even lower than it is now. Bitcoin appeared to be even more steadfast than I thought.
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 11:18:55 AM

I also expected a bigger drop in the price of bitcoin. It is nice that bitcoin was so resistant, but I think it is too early to rejoice. Hard folk can not pass without consequences. Now the price increase of bitcoin may slow down or even stop. Part of the investment will go to the Alt bitcoin.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 11:35:47 AM

HI Guys,
 Today i invested 3000USD for bitcoin. but i found that from last 2 days its price is down. I am new to this bitcoins. i am little scary to keep this much amount because it is going down. its already come down to 75USD less when compared to to my investment time.
please suggest me... .
Well price of bitcoin was always fluctuating, going up and down and up again. I think it is nothing to be worried about, at the end price of bitcoin has always gone up and it was always rising. I started dealing with bitcoins when price was around 700 dollars, and that was less than a year. So therefor i think you should hold, surely price will go up again and you will make profit.
Catswold

Activity: 518
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 12:28:08 PM

HI Guys,
please suggest me... .
Well price of bitcoin was always fluctuating, going up and down and up again. I think it is nothing to be worried about, at the end price of bitcoin has always gone up and it was always rising. I started dealing with bitcoins when price was around 700 dollars, and that was less than a year. So therefor i think you should hold, surely price will go up again and you will make profit.

Long term holders will never be worried of short term fluctuations as their main goal is to hold their bitcoin till it reaches to the moon so if they see crash in the price they will prefer to buy more coins at lower price and I think that is the best move to make.
Anfisman

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 10:10:11 PM

Basically bitcoin prices will continue to fluctuations, this is something that can be separated from bitcoin, that's why the price can go up and get down. One that causes bitcoin prices to fall is consumer and market confidence in bitcoin reduced. But if we look now more and more are joining with bitcoin, it's means more and more believes with bitcoin and will make bitcoin price up. So do not worry the price goes down.
rhamzter

Activity: 420
Merit: 282

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 10:59:00 AM

Because of the hard fork. That’s why some people withdraw their Bitcoins. Honestly I thought that the price would be even lower than it is now. Bitcoin appeared to be even more steadfast than I thought.
Maybe hard fork is one of the reasons why bitcoin price fall down. Moreover segwit is also affect the good circulation of bitcoin in the market. Because of segwit a lot of users are worries regarding to the bitcoin value that's why they sell it even low price. But now bitcoin was started to raise up.
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 11:21:57 AM

HI Guys,
please suggest me... .
Since you are new to this forum and bitcoin, don't make such a mistake by investing in something that you do not know much about. Be happy that its bitcoin and not something else other wise you would have ended up with a huge loss. Know this for sure bitcoin is volatile so price keeps on changing. You get profit here only on a long term basis so would suggest you to have some patience. Also research on bitcoin as much as you can if you want to stay in the bitcoin community.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Open4lies

Activity: 552

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 11:35:24 AM

Maybe hard fork is one of the reasons why bitcoin price fall down. Moreover segwit is also affect the good circulation of bitcoin in the market. Because of segwit a lot of users are worries regarding to the bitcoin value that's why they sell it even low price. But now bitcoin was started to raise up.
Bitcoin still neutral and it not signal the trend clearly in current. I think we should waiting more signal clearly in next few days or lock-in BIP148 complete and decesion buying or not.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
Lagduf

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 12:13:16 PM

Bitcoin still neutral and it not signal the trend clearly in current. I think we should waiting more signal clearly in next few days or lock-in BIP148 complete and decesion buying or not.
There will be next hardfork in the future, the trend is really bullish for bitcoin right now. Looks altcoin get rekt as fast as possible. Just waiting for the best time to buy the more altcoin in the cheap price.
Go go go bitcoin...! Grin Grin Grin

▄████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
█████                 ▀▀███▄
█████▄                   ▀██▄
███▀███▄                  ███
███  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ███
███     ▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄██▀
███                   ▀▀████
███      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▄█▄
███   ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀██
███ ▄██▀▀                  ██