Bitcoin Forum
October 21, 2017, 08:04:41 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.0.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BQC][POOL][DYNAMIC PPLNS][STRATUM] Silverwolf's BBQ Pool [UPGRADED !]  (Read 5071 times)
the1silverwolf

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 07:46:56 PM

Im one of those small miners (laptop which i can only run at night) i can't thank-you enough for your pool. Yours is the only one that gets me some good coin. Keep up the great work!

Well thank you !  I'm glad you like it !

--
the1silverwolf
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
FullLife

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 05:50:26 PM

I joined this pool today.  This is about the 4th or 5th pool I've tried, hopefully I'll have better luck with this one.
the1silverwolf

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 10:31:13 PM

I joined this pool today.  This is about the 4th or 5th pool I've tried, hopefully I'll have better luck with this one.

What problems have you been having ?

--
the1silverwolf
FullLife

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 01:36:25 AM

I joined this pool today.  This is about the 4th or 5th pool I've tried, hopefully I'll have better luck with this one.

Payouts were nowhere near what they were supposed to be on the other pools, even after mining for 2-3 days straight.  I've already earned almost as much mining for 8 hrs. here that I did mining for 24 hrs. at the last pool I tried lol.

This pool is great, please keep up the good work Smiley.
SNAZ31

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 01:02:55 PM

Hey there, finally got down to sorting my cards out and I think they are doing okay now... Can I just post my stats and ask you to look over them for me incase something is no good...

cgminer with 2 7970's

Clock 950
Mem 1680 (it hasn't crashed but wondering if I may cause damage?)
fan speed 75%
Temps 75

Hashrate 666 (dun dun duuuuun) when pc not in use and 640 ish when in use...

card 2

clock 990
mem 1664
fan speed 65%
temps 76

Hashrate 692

This seems to be the best and most stable I can get it... I have no pci risers yet else I'm sure I could get those temps down some or even eek a little more out of the cards.

I am getting some artifacting on screen with firefox but movies and such play fine.

Do you think this is okay to leave for long periods?

If anyone would like to know more about how I got this please ask. Smiley

the1silverwolf

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 09:48:46 PM

If you are getting artifacts you might want to turn the mem speed down a bit.  Other than that it looks pretty good to me.

--
the1silverwolf
SNAZ31

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 10:06:26 PM

If you are getting artifacts you might want to turn the mem speed down a bit.  Other than that it looks pretty good to me.

Okay cool, thing is I have always gotten artifacts while I'm mining, no matter which miner I use, youtube vids won't play properly either, the picture keeps freezing... Do you think more ram could solve this? I only have 4gb of system ram at the moment and I see from the task manager that I only have a small ammount free, although it says I am using 46% or something, still don't get that. Does that take into account virtual memory or something?

Is there a way to turn the intensity down within cgminer or does it have to be done in the conf/.bat file?

Also how come I can change a conf to a txt and then edit it but I can't change a .bat and do the same... Is there a way to edit a .bat?

Oh and yeah I was gonna say, turning the mem speed down wouldn't do anything surely? Because no matter what I set the mem speed to cgminer will use it to it's fullest right? Leaving no room for anything else, only thing you could do is turn the intesity down? I used to do that in guiminer when I watched a film as I used to get screen tearing and artifacts. Turning the intensity down solved that.

With cgminer though I no longer get any problems with video playback, except for online videos.

I saw a thread before about using on board graphics for running the OS/GUI, do you know if that is possible? I believe there was something you could possibly do in the bios though I'm not sure.
the1silverwolf

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 04:22:15 AM

To our miner "byltz", there is something wrong with your configuration.  You are getting 74% stales/invalids.

Check your settings.

--
the1silverwolf
the1silverwolf

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 04:24:17 AM

If you are getting artifacts you might want to turn the mem speed down a bit.  Other than that it looks pretty good to me.

Okay cool, thing is I have always gotten artifacts while I'm mining, no matter which miner I use, youtube vids won't play properly either, the picture keeps freezing... Do you think more ram could solve this? I only have 4gb of system ram at the moment and I see from the task manager that I only have a small ammount free, although it says I am using 46% or something, still don't get that. Does that take into account virtual memory or something?

Is there a way to turn the intensity down within cgminer or does it have to be done in the conf/.bat file?

Also how come I can change a conf to a txt and then edit it but I can't change a .bat and do the same... Is there a way to edit a .bat?

Oh and yeah I was gonna say, turning the mem speed down wouldn't do anything surely? Because no matter what I set the mem speed to cgminer will use it to it's fullest right? Leaving no room for anything else, only thing you could do is turn the intesity down? I used to do that in guiminer when I watched a film as I used to get screen tearing and artifacts. Turning the intensity down solved that.

With cgminer though I no longer get any problems with video playback, except for online videos.

I saw a thread before about using on board graphics for running the OS/GUI, do you know if that is possible? I believe there was something you could possibly do in the bios though I'm not sure.

When running cgminer, press G to change the gpu settings.  You can try different settings here before typing them into the configure file.  They will take effect as soon as you change them but will be not be saved.

The memory speed will certainly make a difference.  Cgminer will run it at whatever speed you set it at, too fast and you'll get artifacts, rejects, or crashes.

running your desktop off the built in graphics and just using the cards to mine is possible, but it's sometimes hard to get working properly.

you can edit a bat file by right clicking it and choosing "Edit" from the menu.

--
the1silverwolf
the1silverwolf

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 04:29:50 AM

I joined this pool today.  This is about the 4th or 5th pool I've tried, hopefully I'll have better luck with this one.

Payouts were nowhere near what they were supposed to be on the other pools, even after mining for 2-3 days straight.  I've already earned almost as much mining for 8 hrs. here that I did mining for 24 hrs. at the last pool I tried lol.

There are many things which can effect payouts, but after a day or so you should be getting your full payouts regardless of where you are mining if it's PPLNS.

The other pools you tried may not have fixed the bugs in the mmcFE payout logic, it's a real pain to get it right but if you don't, you'll end up overpaying some users and underpaying others.

How's my pool working out for you so far ?

--
the1silverwolf
SNAZ31

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 09:41:39 AM

If you are getting artifacts you might want to turn the mem speed down a bit.  Other than that it looks pretty good to me.

When running cgminer, press G to change the gpu settings.  You can try different settings here before typing them into the configure file.  They will take effect as soon as you change them but will be not be saved.

The memory speed will certainly make a difference.  Cgminer will run it at whatever speed you set it at, too fast and you'll get artifacts, rejects, or crashes.

running your desktop off the built in graphics and just using the cards to mine is possible, but it's sometimes hard to get working properly.

you can edit a bat file by right clicking it and choosing "Edit" from the menu.

Silly me, didn't see the intensity option before! doh! lol...

Well just had a play with both intensity (going down to 10) and mem clock speeds (going down to 1300) on the main gpu (display gpu) and nothing helps, the videos still jerk and such. The sound plays okay but image freezes and jerks. Just checked I have the latest flash and I do... As a control I disabled the gpu and youtube ran fine...

This is very odd, I have not come across this problem before. The only thing I can think is a ram issue or maybe a driver issue. Grrrrrr, well I will have to live with it I guess, I so want to get a dedicated miner! lol... One day, cheers for your help any way.
FullLife

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 05:52:30 PM

There are many things which can effect payouts, but after a day or so you should be getting your full payouts regardless of where you are mining if it's PPLNS.

The other pools you tried may not have fixed the bugs in the mmcFE payout logic, it's a real pain to get it right but if you don't, you'll end up overpaying some users and underpaying others.

So far the pool is great!  Earning what I'm supposed to be earning, low % of stales, everything is running smoothly.
the1silverwolf

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 06:36:07 PM

So far the pool is great!  Earning what I'm supposed to be earning, low % of stales, everything is running smoothly.

Glad to hear it !

--
the1silverwolf
the1silverwolf

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 06:52:43 PM

Ok,

I know you guys haven't heard much from me lately.  That's because I've been busy.  After all the launch problems with the PWC pool I've been working hard at getting a stable set of base code that has all or nearly all the bugs worked out that is easy to deploy pools for new coins that includes the newest performance improvements and bug fixes.

Aside from a few performance issues the BBQ pool is doing GREAT! (stats page load times, anyone ?) so I'm not going to touch it until the new code base is 100% ready so don't worry.

The new code base has reached BETA status and I'm currently testing it on WDC (Worldcoin).  It needs more testing and more bug fixes I'm sure, but it's made it out of private alpha testing and so far everything is working well.

if any of you guys want to help me stabilize this code head on over to http://silverwolf.ath.cx/wdc register and throw some miners at it for a while.  Please report any issues (anything at all).

Once this base is stable, I will be deploying it to all of my pools and using it for any future pools.  I would like to have them all on the same code base.

Most of the improvements are behind the scenes, but you will notice increased performance, some changes to the stats and charts and other small changes to the interface.

--
the1silverwolf
SNAZ31

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 01:45:35 AM

I left the pool today... The guy/guys (?) over at BBQ.org are proper fools! They refuse to listen to any advice from anyone and are not welcoming at all... These cryptocoins are all about the community, why would you treat the community like crap? Especially when the coin is struggling as it is!

Any way, it is a waste of time to be honest and the price just keeps tanking, shame really cos it could have been good! Oh well, back to the old faithful for me.

Good luck with your pool, hope it picks up and I hope the guys at BBQ.org can pull their heads out of their arse! lol
the1silverwolf

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 10:31:18 PM

I left the pool today... The guy/guys (?) over at BBQ.org are proper fools! They refuse to listen to any advice from anyone and are not welcoming at all... These cryptocoins are all about the community, why would you treat the community like crap? Especially when the coin is struggling as it is!

Any way, it is a waste of time to be honest and the price just keeps tanking, shame really cos it could have been good! Oh well, back to the old faithful for me.

Good luck with your pool, hope it picks up and I hope the guys at BBQ.org can pull their heads out of their arse! lol

Hmm well I'm sorry you had trouble with them.  Have you considered our Worldcoin pool ?  The WDC guys seem pretty friendly.

http://silverwolf.ath.cx/wdc

--
the1silverwolf
the1silverwolf

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 10:33:06 PM

Profitability is at 103.77% at the moment.

http://www.coinchoose.com/

--
the1silverwolf
SNAZ31

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 08:09:01 AM

I am only going to mine litecoin from now on, it is the only one I see as a contender... Yeah I know BBQ can show as profitable for a couple hours but as soon as difficulty goes up then you are back below the profitability line and so it is pointless. And if the guys at BBQ.org continue on track then they are doomed to fail. They dont even come say hi when you introduce yourself lol... I tried to gain interest and increase the traffic and conversation but to no avail... There is hardly anyone that goes to the site. Yet admin claim to recieve 50 emails a day! Lmao... Be nice if they could tell those people to post on the bloomin forum. Though I suspect it is lies.

I think all these alt coins are there to distract miners from real cryptocoins. Nothing more.
the1silverwolf

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 12:38:52 AM

I am only going to mine litecoin from now on, it is the only one I see as a contender... Yeah I know BBQ can show as profitable for a couple hours but as soon as difficulty goes up then you are back below the profitability line and so it is pointless. And if the guys at BBQ.org continue on track then they are doomed to fail. They dont even come say hi when you introduce yourself lol... I tried to gain interest and increase the traffic and conversation but to no avail... There is hardly anyone that goes to the site. Yet admin claim to recieve 50 emails a day! Lmao... Be nice if they could tell those people to post on the bloomin forum. Though I suspect it is lies.

I think all these alt coins are there to distract miners from real cryptocoins. Nothing more.

IMO There are probably too many alt coins at the moment.  But I do think they serve a purpose.  We need something other than LTC & BTC on the market.  I think there is room for the alt coins, especially since the cryptcoin scene is still very small and has a lot of room to grow.  Which ones will end up on top remains to be seen however.

--
the1silverwolf
the1silverwolf

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 06:05:09 AM

Impending Upgrades !!!

Update - The WDC pool I am testing the upgrades on is nearing the end of it's BETA phase. 

This means upgrades are coming to BBQ soon! 

--
the1silverwolf
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.