Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:02:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BQC][POOL][DYNAMIC PPLNS][STRATUM] Silverwolf's BBQ Pool [UPGRADED !]  (Read 5395 times)
the1silverwolf (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 06:36:07 PM

I joined this pool today.  This is about the 4th or 5th pool I've tried, hopefully I'll have better luck with this one.

What problems have you been having ?

Payouts were nowhere near what they were supposed to be on the other pools, even after mining for 2-3 days straight.  I've already earned almost as much mining for 8 hrs. here that I did mining for 24 hrs. at the last pool I tried lol.

This pool is great, please keep up the good work Smiley.

There are many things which can effect payouts, but after a day or so you should be getting your full payouts regardless of where you are mining if it's PPLNS.

The other pools you tried may not have fixed the bugs in the mmcFE payout logic, it's a real pain to get it right but if you don't, you'll end up overpaying some users and underpaying others.

How's my pool working out for you so far ?

So far the pool is great!  Earning what I'm supposed to be earning, low % of stales, everything is running smoothly.

Glad to hear it !

--
the1silverwolf

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
the1silverwolf (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 06:52:43 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2013, 10:30:18 PM by the1silverwolf

Ok,

I know you guys haven't heard much from me lately.  That's because I've been busy.  After all the launch problems with the PWC pool I've been working hard at getting a stable set of base code that has all or nearly all the bugs worked out that is easy to deploy pools for new coins that includes the newest performance improvements and bug fixes.

Aside from a few performance issues the BBQ pool is doing GREAT! (stats page load times, anyone ?) so I'm not going to touch it until the new code base is 100% ready so don't worry.

The new code base has reached BETA status and I'm currently testing it on WDC (Worldcoin).  It needs more testing and more bug fixes I'm sure, but it's made it out of private alpha testing and so far everything is working well.

if any of you guys want to help me stabilize this code head on over to http://silverwolf.ath.cx/wdc register and throw some miners at it for a while.  Please report any issues (anything at all).

Once this base is stable, I will be deploying it to all of my pools and using it for any future pools.  I would like to have them all on the same code base.

Most of the improvements are behind the scenes, but you will notice increased performance, some changes to the stats and charts and other small changes to the interface.

--
the1silverwolf
SNAZ31

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 01:45:35 AM

I left the pool today... The guy/guys (?) over at BBQ.org are proper fools! They refuse to listen to any advice from anyone and are not welcoming at all... These cryptocoins are all about the community, why would you treat the community like crap? Especially when the coin is struggling as it is!

Any way, it is a waste of time to be honest and the price just keeps tanking, shame really cos it could have been good! Oh well, back to the old faithful for me.

Good luck with your pool, hope it picks up and I hope the guys at BBQ.org can pull their heads out of their arse! lol
the1silverwolf (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 10:31:18 PM

I left the pool today... The guy/guys (?) over at BBQ.org are proper fools! They refuse to listen to any advice from anyone and are not welcoming at all... These cryptocoins are all about the community, why would you treat the community like crap? Especially when the coin is struggling as it is!

Any way, it is a waste of time to be honest and the price just keeps tanking, shame really cos it could have been good! Oh well, back to the old faithful for me.

Good luck with your pool, hope it picks up and I hope the guys at BBQ.org can pull their heads out of their arse! lol

Hmm well I'm sorry you had trouble with them.  Have you considered our Worldcoin pool ?  The WDC guys seem pretty friendly.

http://silverwolf.ath.cx/wdc

--
the1silverwolf
the1silverwolf (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 10:33:06 PM

Profitability is at 103.77% at the moment.

http://www.coinchoose.com/

--
the1silverwolf
SNAZ31

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2013, 08:09:01 AM

I am only going to mine litecoin from now on, it is the only one I see as a contender... Yeah I know BBQ can show as profitable for a couple hours but as soon as difficulty goes up then you are back below the profitability line and so it is pointless. And if the guys at BBQ.org continue on track then they are doomed to fail. They dont even come say hi when you introduce yourself lol... I tried to gain interest and increase the traffic and conversation but to no avail... There is hardly anyone that goes to the site. Yet admin claim to recieve 50 emails a day! Lmao... Be nice if they could tell those people to post on the bloomin forum. Though I suspect it is lies.

I think all these alt coins are there to distract miners from real cryptocoins. Nothing more.
the1silverwolf (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 12:38:52 AM

I am only going to mine litecoin from now on, it is the only one I see as a contender... Yeah I know BBQ can show as profitable for a couple hours but as soon as difficulty goes up then you are back below the profitability line and so it is pointless. And if the guys at BBQ.org continue on track then they are doomed to fail. They dont even come say hi when you introduce yourself lol... I tried to gain interest and increase the traffic and conversation but to no avail... There is hardly anyone that goes to the site. Yet admin claim to recieve 50 emails a day! Lmao... Be nice if they could tell those people to post on the bloomin forum. Though I suspect it is lies.

I think all these alt coins are there to distract miners from real cryptocoins. Nothing more.

IMO There are probably too many alt coins at the moment.  But I do think they serve a purpose.  We need something other than LTC & BTC on the market.  I think there is room for the alt coins, especially since the cryptcoin scene is still very small and has a lot of room to grow.  Which ones will end up on top remains to be seen however.

--
the1silverwolf
the1silverwolf (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 06:05:09 AM

Impending Upgrades !!!

Update - The WDC pool I am testing the upgrades on is nearing the end of it's BETA phase. 

This means upgrades are coming to BBQ soon! 

--
the1silverwolf
egersh

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 04:07:10 PM

How long before stratum support is added?  That would probably be the best thing you can add to the BQC pool.

Stratum support is active on port 3333. And you're right, since stratum was added my stales are around .2%
FullLife

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 06:12:12 AM

Wrong thread, my bad.
the1silverwolf (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 12:02:43 AM

The upgraded front end is ready!!!  I'm switching everybody over here shortly.

Once it switches you will have to log in again, but your login & password will not change.

None of your data will change.

--
the1silverwolf
the1silverwolf (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 12:26:25 AM

The switch over is complete!

I've also increased the share difficulty by one step from 16 to 31.

This will free up server resources so we can open more server slots.

If you have any issues with the new interface, please let me know.

--
the1silverwolf
the1silverwolf (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 12:32:07 AM

Pool upgrade complete!

Additional Server Slots are available now.

Come and register before they fill up!

http://silverwolf.ath.cx/bbq

--
the1silverwolf
egersh

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 12:52:39 AM

Why has the difficulty been removed from the Block Stats page? I found this very useful. Can you please put that back?

Thanks.
the1silverwolf (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 12:58:48 AM

Why has the difficulty been removed from the Block Stats page? I found this very useful. Can you please put that back?

Thanks.

The new site has a proper Zero Variance line in the graph, this is what the old (Difficulty * 10000) graph was hinting at.

It goes up and down with the difficulty and shows how many shares it should take to solve blocks based solely on the difficulty.

It serves the same purpose as the old graph, but presents it in a better way.

In this way you can evaluate the server's "Luck" by comparing the actual shares to the zero variance shares.

I may be able to add a third line just for the difficulty though, if anyone liked the old style graph better.

I will look into it, but the next thing I have to work on is fixing the vulnerability in the manual withdrawal logic so that I can re-enable manual withdrawals on all of my pools.

Everyone has to use the Automatic Withdrawal Threshold to withdraw at the moment.

I've been working on that since the SBC pool was attacked yesterday, but I went ahead and pushed out the upgrades to the BBQ pool because they were ready and it will significantly cut down on server load.

--
the1silverwolf
egersh

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:23:38 AM

Yes I fully understand what the new graph means, I just prefer having the difficulty graph there to know what it was throughout the day without doing some math calculation (which I would have to spend time to dig up in the first place). That difficulty graph was one of the reasons I chose this pool over the others, and I definitely prefer it better. Wink
dmatthewstewart

Activity: 439
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:25:04 AM

The NSA is watching your graphs

the1silverwolf (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:25:51 AM

Yes I fully understand what the new graph means, I just prefer having the difficulty graph there to know what it was throughout the day without doing some math calculation (which I would have to spend time to dig up in the first place). That difficulty graph was one of the reasons I chose this pool over the others, and I definitely prefer it better. Wink

Pretty sure I can add it back.  I'll put it on the list and work on it when I have a chance.

--
the1silverwolf
the1silverwolf (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:26:34 AM

The NSA is watching your graphs

They must be really bored... Smiley

--
the1silverwolf
dmatthewstewart

Activity: 439
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:26:43 AM

Also if the share difficulty just increased its probably time for me to stop mining. Im barely mining anything with my old computers as it is. But I will be back when my new box is finished being built

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: