Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:35:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Listen to the Blockchain!  (Read 1279 times)
bitkapp (OP)

Activity: 517
Merit: 500

aka alaniz

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 11:36:15 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2013, 08:41:56 AM by bitkapp

Due to complaints by the creators of this application this thread is basically [CLOSED]

Sorry, we have a few more updates coming soon that should resolve these issues in the future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
super3
Legendary

Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2013, 07:26:38 AM

So basically you just made a copy of http://www.listentobitcoin.com/...

Bitcoin Dev / Storj - Decentralized Cloud Storage. Winner of Texas Bitcoin Conference Hackathon 2014. / Peercoin Web Lead / Primecoin Web Lead / Armory Guide Author / "Am I the only one that trusts Dogecoin more than the Federal Reserve?"
bitkapp (OP)

aka alaniz

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 08:40:34 AM

Yeah pretty much. Im trying to make an open source software library so that all those useful scripts/programs/apps etc. are all in one easily accessible place.

Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 08:10:51 PM

You just ripped their github page: https://github.com/MaxLaumeister/Listen-To-Bitcoin
And published it as yours, without giving credit to the orginial owner. You even earn money from it by using Coinurl.
The link from coinurl goes to your website instead of their GitHub. This is called stealing.

You did the same with my Faucet and I am really pissed about it.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
fraenk

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

living in forward thinking

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 08:14:19 PM

Yeah pretty much. Im trying to make an open source software library so that all those useful scripts/programs/apps etc. are all in one easily accessible place.

then you need to take care of putting up proper credits and links to the originals!

shame on you my friend!

LIFT loves you!
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 08:15:40 PM

then you need to take care of putting up proper credits and links to the originals!
They don't care about that. They did the same to me: http://bitkapp.com/blog/simple-bitcoin-faucet-template

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
fraenk

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

living in forward thinking

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 08:16:54 PM

They don't care about that. They did the same to me: http://bitkapp.com/blog/simple-bitcoin-faucet-template

we need a downvote button here!

LIFT loves you!
CoinVisitor

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 08:59:16 PM

Yes but you need to start crediting you sources, trouble is brewing fast from not doing so. You take someones work and not credit them is like stealing from the community. It may be a simple misunderstanding but you are now aware of it and there are a few people that will be watching things.

We appreciate your attempts but needs some work and good thing is we usually as a community are very fast to work with someone.

Please consider this in future and a whole lot of drama can be avoided.

This is the edited part " you are also using coin url to profit from them some. I know it is not much at all and you are entitled to get something for your efforts but what we have in reality is someone taking scripts someone else wrote no credit given and profiting from them. I hope you see the issue for what it is and act accordingly"

Kev

coinvisitor.com

Earn Free Bitcoin from coinvisitor.com
bitkapp (OP)

aka alaniz

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 09:29:20 PM

I am sorry if i caused any trouble that was not at all my intention. I thought it would be ok to aggregate bitcoin related applications so that users had easier access if they can find everything in one place. I see i was wrong. I'm already considering another way of doing this which is by letting users upload their own applications and therefore have all the credit. Also get rid of the coinurl adverts, they give bad rates anyways. This is a work in progress sorry guys if i caused any inconvenience it was definitely not my intention.

Saying this some constructive feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I'm in the process of getting rid of Listen to bitcoin web app and the open source bitcoin faucet.

bitkapp (OP)

aka alaniz

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 09:34:20 PM

They've both been taken off the website.

super3
Legendary

Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 09:36:42 PM

Don't just duplicate it, expand upon it. There are no current no services running that offer Listen to Litecoin. That could be cool.

Bitcoin Dev / Storj - Decentralized Cloud Storage. Winner of Texas Bitcoin Conference Hackathon 2014. / Peercoin Web Lead / Primecoin Web Lead / Armory Guide Author / "Am I the only one that trusts Dogecoin more than the Federal Reserve?"
bitkapp (OP)

aka alaniz

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 09:43:25 PM

Don't just duplicate it, expand upon it. There are no current no services running that offer Listen to Litecoin. That could be cool.

I intend to develop my own applications in the future. However right now I just don't have the time for it. So I thought I would get involved by sharing and testing what the bitcoin community has to offer.

CoinVisitor

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:16:55 AM

Good deal,

That is the way we like to see things handled. I do not think most people who posted the work would have any issues especially the open source if you just credited the source.

Taking them down was a good first step and I did not think it was your intention to have it turn this way at all and is why we reached out first.

You have a good concept and intentions.

If there is a way to just point them to the original source of where you got the code and programs and such, contact the poster when possible and preferences of how you could post or maybe just give all the credit you can to the original poster from information given they should not have any issues and may in fact appreciate the extra exposure.

Good luck

Kev

coinvisitor.com

Earn Free Bitcoin from coinvisitor.com
bitkapp (OP)

aka alaniz

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 08:47:28 AM

Good deal,

That is the way we like to see things handled. I do not think most people who posted the work would have any issues especially the open source if you just credited the source.

Taking them down was a good first step and I did not think it was your intention to have it turn this way at all and is why we reached out first.

You have a good concept and intentions.

If there is a way to just point them to the original source of where you got the code and programs and such, contact the poster when possible and preferences of how you could post or maybe just give all the credit you can to the original poster from information given they should not have any issues and may in fact appreciate the extra exposure.

Good luck

Kev

coinvisitor.com

Thanks! We intend to either have a system whereby people can post their own small projects on themselves and therefore get all the credit for their work OR offer the same service we are offering now but referring to github pages etc. instead of hosting the content directly on our site. If the software or whatever was given to us with no github page or something similar in that case and only in that case would we upload it directly onto our site. We are also getting rid of the coinurl integration because of their really bad rates! Will be back soon with further updates.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: