News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: You?
Y
N

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Kidney Stones!  (Read 2019 times)
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 02:56:01 PM

Self-employer, thus opted to be non-insured....

Perhaps time to cash in a few coins from the Bit-stash and pay a private hospital to remove the offending stones?

You could just move to a country that really cares about their people and provides national health insurance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 02:57:56 PM

Perhaps time to cash in a few coins from the Bit-stash and pay a private hospital to remove the offending stones?
You could just move to a country that really cares about their people and provides national health insurance.

Like Canada?  Roll Eyes
Stefan Molynuex announced today that he's been diagnosed with lymphoma. Apparently the prognosis is good (as far as those things go) but he was unable to obtain an accurate and timely diagnosis within the Canadian medical system and had to travel internationally in order to purchase effective care.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwmr1elnxjg

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 03:20:37 PM

My suggestion for health insurance would be to get a high deductible policy and a Health Savings Account. The deductible will be $1,200 or higher, but the monthly premiums will be low (I think under $100 a month), and deposits to HSA are tax deductible. This was the option I used years ago when I was self employed too. It sucks not being able to go for routine checkups or minor things, but it's a good peace of mind for major issues.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:23:25 PM

Like Canada?  Roll Eyes
Stefan Molynuex announced today that he's been diagnosed with lymphoma. Apparently the prognosis is good (as far as those things go) but he was unable to obtain an accurate and timely diagnosis within the Canadian medical system and had to travel internationally in order to purchase effective care.

Sell it on the road homie. It happens everywhere. http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/11856.php

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 03:26:47 PM

Like Canada?  Roll Eyes

Sell it on the road homie. It happens everywhere. http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/11856.php
Well, almost everywhere:
http://www.kpbs.org/news/2010/may/19/why-americans-choose-health-care-mexico/

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:37:04 PM

Like Canada?  Roll Eyes

Well, almost everywhere:
http://www.kpbs.org/news/2010/may/19/why-americans-choose-health-care-mexico/

That's funny! They run here for jobs and we run there for health care. I had a bad gallbladder and couldn't afford to have it removed, in and out of emergency rooms for a few years with every hospital refusing to admit me. Finally it ruptured and they had to remove it (or i would have died) without insurance. Wish I knew about Mexico back then. Would have saved me a lot of years of pain.

Edit: BTW: That laparoscopic coliSumthin pushed me into bankruptcy it was so expensive.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 04:30:49 AM

Update: Still hasn't passed, but the pain has alleviated considerably, allowing me to cut back on my dwindling supply of V's. I haven't drove in six days, having no idea if gas prices have gone up or down. Going to the warehouse tomorrow to accept and ship out some loads. I'm not planning on doing any lifting, though I may pick up a broom. My desk may be a mess, but I'm put up my warehouse floor again eVoorhees' desk any day of the week, on or off meds.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 12:31:52 AM

Update: Still hasn't passed, but getting much closer. Seems to be at the tip.

Got out of the house for the first time in about a week. I went to Walmart then Burger King. The cashier asked if I wanted a senior drink with my Whopper Jr. I told her that I wasn't a senior, only 53. The manager, standing next to her, stated no problem, for I had a gray beard. I inquired about seeing ID. What he said next about shocked me: We can't ask for ID even if a kid ordered a senior drink, for how do we know it's not for their grandparent.

Anybody else aware of this policy?

One more thing about the Walmart trip. I was taken aback when I saw the prices of the cereal being much higher than a couple weeks ago.

Sign of things to come?
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 12:34:22 AM

One more thing about the Walmart trip. I was taken aback when I saw the prices of the cereal being much higher than a couple weeks ago.

Sign of things to come?

Might be a signal of the cerealized "oatocalypse" I've been hearing so much about lately...

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 12:38:04 AM

Sign of things to come?

Might be a signal of the cerealized "oatocalypse" I've been hearing so much about lately...

Looks like we're gluten with punishment.
i3lome

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 12:45:07 AM

Ive pee'd rocks before, ooooooo buddy, started sweating knees gave out and ended tinkling on myself and the floor. Pain is not the word for it....

Tip- drink a bunch of water to help you have a larger stream, makes it lil less painful and make the stone come out faster
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 12:51:37 AM

Ive pee'd rocks before, ooooooo buddy, started sweating knees gave out and ended tinkling on myself and the floor. Pain is not the word for it....

Tip- drink a bunch of water to help you have a larger stream, makes it lil less painful and make the stone come out faster

Dank, my Vicodin supplier, told me to drink more milk and eat more salami.  Cry I think he wants me to get hooked on them. What a pal!
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:05:45 AM

Dank, my Vicodin supplier, told me to drink more milk and eat more salami.  Cry I think he wants me to get hooked on them. What a pal!

Yea, I'd stay far away from calcium. ice mountain bottles.
ABitBack

Activity: 524
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 11:09:36 AM

So the stone is in your bladder now? Can't you insert a catheter up there and suck it out?

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 02:45:15 PM

The most painfull part is getting it from your kidneys to your bladder. The tubes connecting those are really thin, so think watermelon pushed through a garden hose. A scratchy cement watermelon through a garden hose. The urethra that goes from bladder to the outside is much wider, so it's nowhere near as painful once it gets to your bladder. Last two times I had stones, I didn't even notice it passing out when I peed (only knew about it because I had to pee through a strainer, so I can catch the stone and take it for analysis).
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 02:48:11 PM

The most painfull part is getting it from your kidneys to your bladder. The tubes connecting those are really thin, so think watermelon pushed through a garden hose. A scratchy cement watermelon through a garden hose. The urethra that goes from bladder to the outside is much wider, so it's nowhere near as painful once it gets to your bladder. Last two times I had stones, I didn't even notice it passing out when I peed (only knew about it because I had to pee through a strainer, so I can catch the stone and take it for analysis).

You mention strainer, I was thinking golden showers and someone hits you in the eye with a rock. lol

myrkul

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 02:52:18 PM

You mention strainer, I was thinking golden showers and someone hits you in the eye with a rock. lol
Somehow, I doubt that would be high on the "to do list" if someone had kidney stones. Wink

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 03:04:31 PM

Somehow, I doubt that would be high on the "to do list" if someone had kidney stones. Wink

People are kinky, ya never know.

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 03:36:39 PM

You shouldn't be peeing into someone's eye, anyway.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 04:44:15 PM

You shouldn't be peeing into someone's eye, anyway.

Am I doin it wrong Rassah.  Grin

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: