Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 08:54:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I have a great idea to deploy, but i'm afraid of my cyber security ignorance  (Read 1304 times)
gilad215 (OP)

Activity: 430
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 08:30:25 AM

Hey guys, any help appreciated.
Lets say i have a web site i want to publish, and lets say it will attract a lot of bitcoin traffic.

where would you recommend me to publish it? is azure safe? what are the vulnerabilities?
and if i need DDos protection, does anyone know of the pricing?

Thanks for helping

Neluns
♦ New Generation Financial Ecosystem ♦
Pre-sale on Aug, 1
asonganyi

Activity: 464

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 09:03:50 AM

i do not know about azure
i have never heard of any negative review about them but i know of
hostgator and host1plus i have gotten and am still having good experience with them

within these hosting services there tools to help prevent ddos attacks except   you will be attacking a lot of attention you do not need extra ddos services ..

what is this project if i may ask am looking forward to join a project
systemv

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

StuffGoGo Developer

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2017, 02:53:35 PM

To little details. Your choice should depend on the stack of technologies you would be using for your site, your budget, forecast of load and therefore scalability options. Most Azure/AWS use some sort of F5 systems in front, but with dedicated server weakest link would be your app security itself.

gilad215 (OP)

Activity: 430

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 05:35:24 PM

To little details. Your choice should depend on the stack of technologies you would be using for your site, your budget, forecast of load and therefore scalability options. Most Azure/AWS use some sort of F5 systems in front, but with dedicated server weakest link would be your app security itself.

i fear i don't have the knowledge to give the details, i'm actually looking for a team but i don't know how can it work if theres long distances between the team, i live in israel as a computer science student and i have a good idea but i cant do it alone Smiley

Neluns
♦ New Generation Financial Ecosystem ♦
Pre-sale on Aug, 1
BuySomeBitcoins

Activity: 434
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 06:27:49 PM

Well run it on an AWS instance, direct all traffic to cloudfront.

Add some inbound rules to your security group, add the antiDDOS and scripts to cloudfront/waf and you should be all set.

It is not optimal, but you can basically protect your app against common ddos attacks.
webcrypt

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 02:44:26 PM

I have never set stuff up on azure I believe it is very similar to AWS.

On AWS you build and set up your own platform and youconfigure everything. If you do not know what you are doing the security is not going to be secure. 1 wrong configuration one box left unchecked, etc you have a security hole. You also need to keep up updates and patches which can also turn into security holes.

If you have not managed hosting before I would recommend buying a managed VPS hosting plan. The company you get it from will handle of of the main configuring and setting it up they will also have experienced admins keeping tabs on updates and security.

If you want to pay around on AWS I would highly encourage it. It is cheap pay as you go, make an acct set up a site, study the security of it and see if you feel comfortable.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: