Bitcoin Forum
August 19, 2024, 06:25:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to recover namecoins?  (Read 383 times)
onis_uk (OP)

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 10:04:38 AM

HI ive got an old folder on my pc that was from when i mined to nmc a long time back, how to i get a new wallet to see the coins i mined ?
NoBit

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 10:59:58 AM

HI ive got an old folder on my pc that was from when i mined to nmc a long time back, how to i get a new wallet to see the coins i mined ?

If you were using namecoin-qt wallet and backed up your wallet.dat file all you have to do now is install the namecoin-qt wallet, replace the wallet.dat with your backed up file (on Windows \Users\<Your Username>\AppData\Roaming\Namecoin) and let it sync.

Bitrated user: nobit.
onis_uk (OP)

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 11:07:08 AM

it was so long ago i dont even remember... I dont think i used the standard wallet, i kind of remember using the cmd prompt to look at my balance.......?

all I have a the namecoin address in a text file if that helps?
NoBit

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 04:59:53 PM

it was so long ago i dont even remember... I dont think i used the standard wallet, i kind of remember using the cmd prompt to look at my balance.......?

all I have a the namecoin address in a text file if that helps?

If you only have the address in the textfile you can not recover the coins. Look for the wallet.dat in your Roaming directory.

Bitrated user: nobit.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: