Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:38:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best configuration with MSI Afterburner for 2x R7 260X OC?  (Read 617 times)
Ultegra134 (OP)

Activity: 1540
Merit: 744

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 10:55:53 AM

Hello,
I've Crossfired two R7 260X OC cards, I'm currently using MSI Afterburner to alter the GPU clock and monitor them.
However, one of the two cards shows a lower OC Capability on MSI , the first card can go up to 1320Mhz while the second one only up to 1200Mhz.
Also, after I set the GPU clock on 1255Mhz, it starts making artifacts. The temperature for the first card is at 80-85C at Max, it has never gone beyond that and for the second one 72-76C~.
My questions are:
1. Would altering the voltage a slight bit have any serious consequences for the GPUs?
2. Will I achieve a higher hashrate if I increase the memory clock?I've never touched it so far.
3. Will I achieve a better hashrate with that option enabled?If it's enabled it synchronizes both GPUs with the same GPU clock, but as I said previously, the second card shows a lower OC capability and also lowers the first card's GPU clock.

P.S I'm using the Equihash algorithm to mine

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Togie

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 01:58:21 PM

may be problem is making crossfire with both cards.

crossfire doesnt work for mining and its only usable with games Smiley
Ultegra134 (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 08:34:10 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2017, 12:47:18 AM by Ultegra134

I really doubt it that that's the case, many people are mining with two, three or more cards to achieve a higher revenue.
Actually, sometimes it's the opposite, most games cannot use Crossfire to its full potential.
Edit: I actually read it wrong, my mistake, read that having two cards doesn't work for mining, I'll try unchecking the Crossfire option on the Amd drivers.
Thanks

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
priviet

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 08:44:05 PM

disable crossfire for mining, always!

you can crank the voltage up a little bit (10%) but with these cards i think there is no hope for good earnings unless you have free power.

also take care of temperature, my cards are ALWAYS under 70° celsius, but I target 60° for better durability.

so fan speed ALWAYS 100%
fraggyb

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 08:55:28 PM

I really doubt it that that's the case, for your information, many people are mining with two, three or more cards to achieve a higher revenue.
Actually, sometimes it's the opposite, most games cannot use Crossfire to its full potential.

It's very much the case.  Disable crossfire for mining.
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 10:00:40 PM

I really doubt it that that's the case, for your information, many people are mining with two, three or more cards to achieve a higher revenue.

This is the problem with public forums, anyone can post anything no matter how far off base they are.

You need to disable Crossfire.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
Ultegra134 (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 12:35:10 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2017, 12:49:34 AM by Ultegra134

Alright, thanks for the advise, I disabled Crossfire (Through Amd's software), I also editied my previous post, I apologise, but I actually read it wrong, should have drunk a cup of coffee in the morning  Tongue
I don't really see any difference with Crossfire disabled, I tried OC the first card above 1255Mhz but I would still get artifacts. Regarding hash rate, if Crossfire even has an effect on it(I don't know if disabled Crossfire is supposed to achieve a higher hashrate), I can't see any difference.
What's the difference between Crossfire enabled and disabled?
Edit: I also increased the fan speed, the first GPU dropped down to 74-75C and the second one to 68-69C, thanks for the tip!
They are a bit noisy but that's okay.
Will the hash rate increase at all if I increase the memory clock?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Togie

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 08:43:53 AM

Alright, thanks for the advise, I disabled Crossfire (Through Amd's software), I also editied my previous post, I apologise, but I actually read it wrong, should have drunk a cup of coffee in the morning  Tongue
I don't really see any difference with Crossfire disabled, I tried OC the first card above 1255Mhz but I would still get artifacts. Regarding hash rate, if Crossfire even has an effect on it(I don't know if disabled Crossfire is supposed to achieve a higher hashrate), I can't see any difference.
Edit: I also increased the fan speed, the first GPU dropped down to 74-75C and the second one to 68-69C, thanks for the tip!

Increasing memory clock cause card to perform better when mining with memory intensive algorithms Smiley
Ultegra134 (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 09:36:23 AM

Increasing memory clock cause card to perform better when mining with memory intensive algorithms Smiley
Do you happen to know if Equihash is one of them? I didn't find much information regarding that. Might have slipped under my nose without noticing too.
I'm also thinking to use this miner https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1670733.0
Any thoughts? Do you think it would generate a higher income than Nicehash?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Togie

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 10:02:21 AM

yes https://z.cash/blog/why-equihash.html

Equihash is a memory-oriented Proof-of-Work, which means how much mining you can do is mostly determined by how much RAM you have.

it also means memory clocks are important when mining with this algorithm.

and yeah claymore miner is fine and there is also optiminer's zcash miner:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1686057.0

try both and compare speeds.then pick the most efficient.
Ultegra134 (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 10:04:03 AM

yes https://z.cash/blog/why-equihash.html

Equihash is a memory-oriented Proof-of-Work, which means how much mining you can do is mostly determined by how much RAM you have.

it also means memory clocks are important when mining with this algorithm.

and yeah claymore miner is fine and there is also optiminer's zcash miner:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1686057.0

try both and compare speeds.then pick the most efficient.
Thank you! Didn't notice notice that whole phrase while I "practically" visited that website, stupid me.
I'll try the claymore miner some time too. For now, I will increase the memory clock to see if it is any different.
Thanks!

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES