Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 06:35:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many people were into bitcoin in 2009?  (Read 2259 times)
Peashooter

Activity: 868
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 07:16:17 AM

Oh I am not in, in that year. I really like to have a bitcoin and if I will turn back time and if I just known bitcoin as early as I could I will earn it and wait until today, maybe if many people known bitcoin for that year and earn a lot for sure a lot of us are all rich.
Me too, on that year I never knew bitcoin like you if I could turn back the time and I met bitcoin maybe now I am one richest person, and most people are become more successful. But I am so thankful now even I am late knowing bitcoin I earn big profit now in my investment.
ubercool

Activity: 1078
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 07:21:09 AM

I dont think the number was more than 100. They were a small bunch of people who did very well in crafting an idea. Slowly support started coming and people started recognizing the uniqueness of Bitcoin.
learntonoob
Copper Member

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

FinanceX Exchange

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2018, 08:17:42 AM

Less than 1000 people I think

Eraldo Coil

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 09:19:33 AM

Was it in the 100s or 1000s? I tried googling without any luck.

Also, a quote I saw a lot after the recent talk by everyone's favourite: “Fuck Raspberry Pis, if you can't afford a $20,000 node to help the network, piss off.”

Watched the whole thing and what was actually said: “Quite frankly, I don't care about Raspberry Pis. If you have been in Bitcoin since 2009 and you can't afford a $20,000 node to help this network, piss off.”

So, what would that mean? How much would that help in terms of decentralization and the network in general if everybody that was into bitcoin in 2009 had a $20,000 node?

I researched it once when i am newbie in bitcoin and i found out tha there were only 70-90 people who knows and has bitcoin in their account. These were very lucky that they know already bitcoin maybe they are connected to the creator. I know we all want is to go back tha time when it was.

princehandsome

Activity: 731
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 09:42:39 AM

Oh I am not in, in that year. I really like to have a bitcoin and if I will turn back time and if I just known bitcoin as early as I could I will earn it and wait until today, maybe if many people known bitcoin for that year and earn a lot for sure a lot of us are all rich.
Me too, on that year I never knew bitcoin like you if I could turn back the time and I met bitcoin maybe now I am one richest person, and most people are become more successful. But I am so thankful now even I am late knowing bitcoin I earn big profit now in my investment.
but now you have to face the fact that you can't enter on that year. if everyone knows that in 2009 that Bitcoin is a good asset in the future then everyone in this world have has become rich. before it, I too had thought the same as you but that not will be might happen.
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 09:45:22 AM

Only a handful of people were interested in using Bitcoin at the time of the year 2009. As the Internet was new, Bitcoin did not have a lot of influence and value.
bangkit tri

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 09:56:06 AM

Only a handful of people were interested in using Bitcoin at the time of the year 2009. As the Internet was new, Bitcoin did not have a lot of influence and value.
At first bitcoiner was only a little because there was nothing special about it. and i think the addition of bitcoiner is the biggest in 2017, where prices are soaring fantastic, and many people want to get money easily
mensahkkofie

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 10:21:53 AM

As at 2009, I'm sure only a few people would be involved in bitcoin. it just spread to many countries recently like 2011 upward.

Exactly, that is what I was also thinking about. I believe the number would be far smaller, probably less than 1000. In every venture, it is not easy for people to accept it with ease when something new is introduced in any society and this has always been the case in many parts of the world.
rjsmith
Copper Member

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 12:27:41 PM

I have no idea how many people were into bitcoin in 2009 but my guess is probably 100 or more because it is the first one.i concept already bitcoin maybe they are many people connected to the creator.
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3413

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 12:41:40 PM

The "lowest userid in 2010" that's not been deleted was AgoraMutual (userid 21).
So it's safe to assume that no more than 20 people were members of this forum in 2009.
(In fact, I recall that among those first 20 users were at least 3 that were not "real people" but rather an admin account and two "test users", AFAIR).
Of course, there were probably a few more people "into Bitcoin" than just the members of this forum, but its also safe to assume that the forum community was a large share of all active Bitcoins users.
It follows that in 2009, the whole Bitcoin community was comprised of hardly more than one hundred, maybe with some stretch of the imagination a few hundred people. Give or take.

My personal guess would be less than 100.

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 02:25:37 PM

Was it in the 100s or 1000s? I tried googling without any luck.

Also, a quote I saw a lot after the recent talk by everyone's favourite: “Fuck Raspberry Pis, if you can't afford a $20,000 node to help the network, piss off.”

Watched the whole thing and what was actually said: “Quite frankly, I don't care about Raspberry Pis. If you have been in Bitcoin since 2009 and you can't afford a $20,000 node to help this network, piss off.”

So, what would that mean? How much would that help in terms of decentralization and the network in general if everybody that was into bitcoin in 2009 had a $20,000 node?

Nobody was in it but just those who are called "geeks" and computer nerds who had the chance to get those, and nobody had taught that it would be much expensive nowadays.
Amevalentine

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 02:40:40 PM

Maybe a  few 100s. Boy! $5 would gave gotten me $4.4 million. I need to go back in time
I don't know about this but what I know that year was the initial effort of bitcoin and was born out of it and I am sure that only a few have used it so it is no more than now in my opinion
SnapDown22

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 02:51:57 PM

How would more people with a 20,000 usd node help with decentralization?

Nodes don't need to be a small server farm to run.. More cheap nodes would be better for decentralization than a few high end ones.
I do not know this question that I know about this is the beginning of the beginning of bitcoin and that is what I realize and what I think is definitely a bitcoin user at that time a little because the beginning of the beginning has not been known at this time all over the world
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 03:57:54 PM

Maybe a  few 100s. Boy! $5 would gave gotten me $4.4 million. I need to go back in time
I don't know about this but what I know that year was the initial effort of bitcoin and was born out of it and I am sure that only a few have used it so it is no more than now in my opinion

For sure not a lot of people took it seriously back then. Honestly if i heard about btc around that time i woouldn't even give it a second look. If only we could've been more open then but hey, that's just how things go. Bitcoin's current prive takes us back to early 2017 before it made a run for it's peak. Hope people learned their lessons now 😜

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
rybako

Activity: 80
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 04:10:29 PM

It is very hard to give a definite number regarding this. But it would be 1/10th of the current number.
gudjhonson

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 04:26:30 PM

Can not predict, because people know the internet at that time is very minimal and limited. To learn the computer must take turns and that too must be in an internet cafe, but it is not unexpected that bitcoin can grow well and have extraordinary advantages.

▄▄▄        WINDHAN        |   RENEWABLE ENERGY PROJECT   ▄▄▄
||███    (((  Pre-Sale is Live  )))  ▐ ███  JOIN NOW   ███ ▌    ███||
Whitepaper  |  OnePager  |  ANN  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2422
Merit: 266

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 04:54:23 PM

We can get an idea about how many users for bitcoin in 2009 by digging our forum's history.There were only 9 people were registered in thos forum 2009 which shows that no one really using bitcoins at the time and it will be very low amount of people who owns it for something at that time.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Wingleness

Activity: 458
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 04:58:11 PM

If we only wishes were roses, all men would have loved to go back in 2009 to gather more Bitcoin but believe you mean, some folks wouldn't still believe in it still.
ppadilllla

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 07:19:22 PM

I really wish I have known btc that time.
esetop01tryba

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

https://www.empirehotels.io

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 07:33:47 PM

I can offer what very few or coins people got a chance then, because there was no demand for bitcoin and nobody really knew that this great coin das such a huge percentage.

EMPIREHOTELS  (EMPC) (https://www.empirehotels.io/) The Future of Hospitality
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: