Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:41:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it worth using gpu or cpu to mine litecoin?  (Read 5689 times)
MysticOne

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 11:09:45 PM

Litecoin is mined with asics these days, not gpu. Sooner or later, all altcoins will be mined by asics.

I'm almost postive that Litecoin is still mined using GPU's, it is Bitcoin that can only be mined with Asics.
Seansky

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 11:28:29 PM

I thought ltc is a $btc alike coin and is only mined by CPU? Am I wrong ?  Why is btc not being mined on gpus 🤔 Confused
Litecoin for now can be mined by GPU and can get good returns by doing it because the difficulty for mining it is not that big yet, because when compared to the number of bitcoin miners, it has less. BTC cannot be mined on GPU's just because the difficulty is too high, and it would be hard for GPU to mine even 1 bitcoin in a year so it is better to use asics to mine BTC but still it won't be that profitable unless you are using a good mining equipment.
Phyton76

Activity: 504
Merit: 268

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 11:38:28 PM

Dear Friends

how many litecoins gpu and cpu can do ? ex : RX480 or Nvidia 1070 ? Is it worth using gpu or cpu to mine litecoin?

thanks
Almir
Yeah, dl a software where you can mine ltc or i recommend you ethereum is more profitable i also invest in mining and i do earn a good profit in my small mining farm in my house but it is really a investment you need a lot of money to star and buy hardware you will need a lot of video card if your planning toto have a super pc.
Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 01:11:15 AM

Both BTC and LTC are mined pretty much solidly with ASIC's.  Not GPU and certainly not CPU.

However  the difference is you can still mine LTC with a GPU, and earn a bit.  But once you calculate the cost of electricity you are losing money each day so not worth it.  If you live somewhere where you don't pay for power, or shudder at your parents, and don't mind explaining why their power bill went up $50 so you could make $5, then GPU mining is still a possibility.  But best advice I can give you is to find a coin where ASIC's are not yet available, and mine them, as you can still make a profit on those coins.

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 07:34:48 AM

Dear Friends

how many litecoins gpu and cpu can do ? ex : RX480 or Nvidia 1070 ? Is it worth using gpu or cpu to mine litecoin?

thanks
Almir

i think its better you mine other coins because for mining ltc, you need more better hardware like other members mention. but you still have many option coins for mining with that vga cards and if you find the right coins, you can make profit. i think it still worth for mining litecoin until now because the difficulty of litecoin is not yet high but soon it will increase and if that time is come, it will be difficult to mining litecoin.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
savon2k

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

giants may cry too

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 08:13:08 AM

Both BTC and LTC are mined pretty much solidly with ASIC's.  Not GPU and certainly not CPU.

However  the difference is you can still mine LTC with a GPU, and earn a bit.  But once you calculate the cost of electricity you are losing money each day so not worth it.  If you live somewhere where you don't pay for power, or shudder at your parents, and don't mind explaining why their power bill went up $50 so you could make $5, then GPU mining is still a possibility.  But best advice I can give you is to find a coin where ASIC's are not yet available, and mine them, as you can still make a profit on those coins.

That's got the tip ,gonna look in to it
WinMar

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:02:26 PM

Just another note for the miners out there. What ever you do, do not mine on the Bitmain pool. This just encourages them to keep selling miners with no end in site. They can make money off of you when you mine there. Mine for litecoin any where but antminer Bitmain pool. They will make money selling you the miners and force you to keep buying more and more mining power to be profitable. The best thing to do is to stop ordering miners and force them to manufacture only a set amount. Then do not mine in the AntPool.
vasil777

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:59:48 PM

I think mining with this equipment will not give you a good profit. I would advise you to buy some coins and save them until the market grows up. And if you hurt, your computer will suffer and eventually fail and you will need to buy a new!
Camorra Dev

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:36:01 PM

Litecoin is a GPU mining coin, but I would buy it and hold until it becomes expensive.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: