Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:01:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fastest altcoin nowdays  (Read 1317 times)
Metros (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 03:53:59 PM

Since Bitcoin can take hour/s to transfer from one address to another, many coins grew like mushrooms and doing much faster transactions.

Currently, which ones are the most fast? like BLAZING FAST transactions?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Decentradical

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 03:59:43 PM

You mean fastest block time? Fastest transaction depends on how many confirmations the receiver accepts.
jekjekman

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 04:18:50 PM

I think most of the mainstream altcoins is fast in sending and receiving nowadays it is just depend on how much transaction fees are you willing to pay and when you reached the highest possible payment and fastest minimum speed it will just depend on your luck in waiting for confirmations.

For me maybe Litecoin because it has already a lightning network, I am not so sure with other altcoins out there.

but with this article it is https://themerkle.com/4-cryptocurrencies-with-much-faster-block-times-than-bitcoin/ but it is when SegWit is not enabled in Litecoin.

1. Ripple
2. Ethereum
3. Monero
4. Litecoin
Yassarsian

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 05:40:16 PM

I think most of the mainstream altcoins is fast in sending and receiving nowadays it is just depend on how much transaction fees are you willing to pay and when you reached the highest possible payment and fastest minimum speed it will just depend on your luck in waiting for confirmations.

For me maybe Litecoin because it has already a lightning network, I am not so sure with other altcoins out there.

but with this article it is https://themerkle.com/4-cryptocurrencies-with-much-faster-block-times-than-bitcoin/ but it is when SegWit is not enabled in Litecoin.

1. Ripple
2. Ethereum
3. Monero
4. Litecoin

i agree with this specially he litecoin that converted to segwit ethereum has problem last time but it was fix

Jarunik

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 07:56:54 PM

Ark is extremely fast. Delegates proof of stake with 8s blocktime. 1 confirmation is enough.
poptok1

Activity: 1638
Merit: 756

Bobby Fischer was right

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2017, 08:10:31 PM

I would say it is Doge and it is cheap as well. Just 2-3 doggies and voila, all your money is transferred of any exchange at ridiculously low prices. There is always a case of turning them back in to BTC when needed... but I think its not a big issue, right? However the recent price fluctuation makes is a little risky to store long time.
Some exchanges not even recognising doge as a withdraw limited asset, like novaexchange, no daily limits for doge there. In case you go with :o3 woof Note: avoid dogecoin wallet for android or any mobile, they are weird/buggy/some even scam.   

brekyrself

Activity: 547
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 08:22:58 PM

How many of these listed can actually scale?  Any proof?  What chain is as fast or faster and can scale compared Bitshares with 3 second confirmation times and proven daily ops outnumbering many other chains combined? 

Stress tested:
http://docs.bitshares.eu/_downloads/bitshares-stresstest.pdf

Daily ops:  Check out the limit order created/canceled to see the big picture!
http://cryptofresh.com/charts
dbc23

Activity: 1036
Merit: 311

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 08:43:02 PM

PIVX has shockingly fast deposit confirm times.  I knew the "I" was supposed to stand for Instant, but I never realized just how quick they do transfer until I moved some around last week.
stoniestfool

Activity: 234

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 12:17:46 AM

DNR
asepsetiawan1990

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 04:14:15 AM

The block benefit time for the Bitcoin protocol is 10 minutes, which has increased significantly in the time it takes to attract transactions. Also, the transaction rate processed by the Bitcoin protocol is also reduced due to the same problem. Creditbit has experienced such problems successfully. The time taken for an average Creditbit transaction will be less than 30 seconds, so it could be the fastest digital currency in the WORLD.
Nougat

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 02:50:23 AM

DigiByte has a 15 second block time target.   I've transferred it to/from desktop core wallet and Poloniex and it really is amazingly fast.
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 06:44:24 AM

I've heard good things personally about both DGB and DOGE. With that being said, how much speed is really needed before its all essentially the same. Of course, it would be great if BTC was faster, but in regards to the quickest alts? Is there really any different between 5 seconds and 45 seconds?
Winner
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 05:18:40 PM

I would say it is Doge and it is cheap as well. Just 2-3 doggies and voila, all your money is transferred of any exchange at ridiculously low prices. There is always a case of turning them back in to BTC when needed... but I think its not a big issue, right? However the recent price fluctuation makes is a little risky to store long time.
Some exchanges not even recognising doge as a withdraw limited asset, like novaexchange, no daily limits for doge there. In case you go with :o3 woof Note: avoid dogecoin wallet for android or any mobile, they are weird/buggy/some even scam.    
That’s one of the nice things about Dogecoin. The transactions for it is very fast and if someone from  the other side of the world wanted to receive Dogecoin and you are talking to them inside a chatroom, the coins could get transferred in under a minute. The coin might not have that much value right now though the people that use Doge now that the technology of the coin could enhance the speed for most Altcoins out there.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
Decentradical

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 06:59:52 PM

With that being said, how much speed is really needed before its all essentially the same. Of course, it would be great if BTC was faster, but in regards to the quickest alts? Is there really any different between 5 seconds and 45 seconds?

For online retail that's a difference. For brick and mortar it's even more important. 
Kohloe

Activity: 39

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 10:32:33 AM

Bitshares is my personal (tested) favorite.

Ripple and Stellar should be faster but were not when I tested them (maybe because I sent to an exchange)
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 10:35:12 AM

NEM is also near instant and has been tested to handle thousands of transactions per second.

Very promising future imo.
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1020

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 10:36:33 AM

1. Ripple
2. Ethereum
3. Monero
4. Litecoin
Agree on this list since i have experienced on making transactions among on this coins and i would say its really fast compared on bitcoin but i would say that its just normal since transaction isnt really that too many just like on bitcoin which causes for it to be slowed down but well i dont really care at all since i do seldomly used alts on making transactions but yet still a good alternative though.

Legendary / Hero Member

EPSILOAN ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
CryptoGeneral

Activity: 219
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 10:42:59 AM

Litecoin is my favourite choice when moving funds between exchanges. It is fast an reliable. It seems to me that every other coin is faster than Bitcoin, but this is more a problem with the TX fees. If you are willing to spend more on the fees BTC sure is fast.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 11:05:18 AM

Dash is a proof of work cryptocurrency which has a block generation every 2.5 minutes, which means a transaction could be confirmed in that time period of 2.5 minutes.
Note : The average block time can actually be slightly shorter or longer depending on if the total hash power of the Dash network is growing or shrinking.

Dash also developed an instant confirmation and locking system through its masternode network, which enables it to have transactions confirmed and locked against
double-spending in 4 seconds. It is called InstantSend, there is a small fee to pay and its an optional choice for users.

Link : https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOC/InstantSend

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 11:45:39 AM

pretty much most coins show balance change almost instantly. but if you count blocktimes x confs required i think dgb is up there. digibyte has 15s and 6 confs i think. might be faster ones not sure? fastest ive seen
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: