Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:21:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold bullion sales in BTC website  (Read 321 times)
itilexpert (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 20

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 06:49:50 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2017, 09:09:51 PM by itilexpert

I work as an IT service management consultant and have a few internet ventures.

I am fairly new to Bitcoin and have set up business venture that sells gold in exchange for Bitcoin. The website prices physical small gold coins and bars in BTC as per gold and BTC spot rate. My website uses BitPay as payment processor.

I realise that I have to establish myself in this business through promotion and also becoming trusted. ( I am aware of the number of scams in this sector).  Before I am trusted in this business, would it help to prove my commercial identity somehow? Also maybe you can advise me, should I start by selling some cheaper items e.g. silver coins as an interim step as people might be less reluctant to buy these? Also I am currently selling at a few % margin and would be happy to go to breakeven for a while if this would help.

I would like to find out, is anyone interested in buying gold with Bitcoin to hedge their Bitcoin positions against market moves?

Please let me know your thoughts.

The website URL is:   http://bitgoldbypost.co.uk   (I have about 70,000 dollars worth of gold coins stock to sell in the company right now).

(I will also be starting a signature campaign, currently getting a banner made. If there is someone who can run a signature campaign for low fees, please let me know).

Note: Here is a link to my linkedin profile    https://www.linkedin.com/in/nick-collier-27829b6/    You may message me on linkedin to verify.

Nick

STOPPRESS===STOPPRESS    I HAVE NOW LISTED SOME MUCH CHEAPER SILVER COINS ON THE SITE STARTING AT 0.0030520 (plus tax and shipping, prices fluctuate)
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 09:37:38 AM

I do not know anything about gold and precious metals sales in the UK (I'm American), so take this for what it is worth: very little!

Bullion sales is a very competitive business in the USA.  The margins are low.  My *guess* is that you have to be BIG and have good consistent volume, and that of course means trust and visibility.

If you research the UK market thoroughly and find that NO ONE is selling precious metals via Bitcoin, then you may become the winner.

Alternatively, you could specialize in certain coins (say, Gold Sovereigns, just as an example), rare coins, Russian platinum coins (from 1828 through 1844 or so), etc.
Koloulinger

Activity: 443
Merit: 250

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 01:06:36 PM

what is youre service, you want sell gold with pay use bitcoin
or you want open invesment
or you want sell btc website

how to sending gold youre client

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
  Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network
GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )

WHITE PAPER  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
itilexpert (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 09:43:15 PM

what is youre service, you want sell gold with pay use bitcoin
or you want open invesment
or you want sell btc website

how to sending gold youre client

I am based in Surrey, UK.  I am selling online with my website with a shopping cart and BitPay.

No I don't want any open investment, just physical gold sales.   I do not want to sell the website.

I shop the gold with secure, signed for, insured delivery (only ship to countries where this is possible).

I will soon be listed much cheaper silver coins.

Nick
duongtien86

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Lucky Man

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 04:08:58 PM

I work as an IT service management consultant and have a few internet ventures.

I am fairly new to Bitcoin and have set up business venture that sells gold in exchange for Bitcoin. The website prices physical small gold coins and bars in BTC as per gold and BTC spot rate. My website uses BitPay as payment processor.

I realise that I have to establish myself in this business through promotion and also becoming trusted. ( I am aware of the number of scams in this sector).  Before I am trusted in this business, would it help to prove my commercial identity somehow? Also maybe you can advise me, should I start by selling some cheaper items e.g. silver coins as an interim step as people might be less reluctant to buy these? Also I am currently selling at a few % margin and would be happy to go to breakeven for a while if this would help.

I would like to find out, is anyone interested in buying gold with Bitcoin to hedge their Bitcoin positions against market moves?

Please let me know your thoughts.

The website URL is:   http://bitgoldbypost.co.uk   (I have about 70,000 dollars worth of gold coins stock to sell in the company right now).

(I will also be starting a signature campaign, currently getting a banner made. If there is someone who can run a signature campaign for low fees, please let me know).

Note: Here is a link to my linkedin profile    https://www.linkedin.com/in/nick-collier-27829b6/    You may message me on linkedin to verify.

Nick

readly

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▶▶▶▶ Get Your Free Tokens Now ◀◀◀◀  First PoS Smart Contract Token
    PoSToken       Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper

http://bdsmtoken.io/
itilexpert (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 09:11:49 PM

I have now added some much cheaper silver coins to the site because I realise that I need to build trust before gold items will sell.

Please take a look.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: