Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:18:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Deep Onion  (Read 79309 times)
penetrak

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:12:46 PM

I read about the Deeponion here at the BCT forum and read a lot of praise. I also looked at the deeponion forum and I think it's a good project with strong communities. I wish great luck.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jjdub7

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:59:13 PM

Earlier today I bought  3K DeepOnion's at 0.00016500 and sold them at 0.00021200.
That was one of the easiest 1500 bucks I've ever made but I still think that today's hype is pure speculation because there is nothing new in their ANN. The price will drop to 0.00016 again in day or two.
jk_14
Legendary

Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:17:36 PM

How much deeponions are you getting paid for holding deeponions?  You need to have it in the deeponion wallet right?  So for every 1000 deeponions you have, how much you get?

From what I calculated - around 5-6% every week on all coins over 100.

Any idea why is this jump today? Onion is now over 20 000 satoshi.
Looks like a pump and dump to me, since there's nothing new right now and the fundamentals have changed for the worse with the new rules.

December is almost over and as far as I'm aware there still aren't any news about DeepSend either. DO benefited greatly from low volume and a pump in Bitcoin's price... don't think it's sustainable with the new rules and no features.
The speculative post about DeepSend that I've seen on the DO forums was pretty much just a tumbler too, which we already know is traceable (hence Bitcoin tumblers disappearing).

All the optimism that I've had about DO originally has disappeared, which is why I quit the campaign. Still hodling the coins just in case my gut feeling is wrong, but with the ridiculously aggressive marketing and increase in centralization due to the new rules it's looking more and more like a pyramid scheme.

Keep in mind that it's extremely easy to wash trade for the devs and mods due to the tiny volume and don't get caught up in hype if you choose to buy Onions.
debuni
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:09:40 PM

How much deeponions are you getting paid for holding deeponions?  You need to have it in the deeponion wallet right?  So for every 1000 deeponions you have, how much you get?

Looks like a pump and dump to me, since there's nothing new right now and the fundamentals have changed for the worse with the new rules.

December is almost over and as far as I'm aware there still aren't any news about DeepSend either. DO benefited greatly from low volume and a pump in Bitcoin's price... don't think it's sustainable with the new rules and no features.
The speculative post about DeepSend that I've seen on the DO forums was pretty much just a tumbler too, which we already know is traceable (hence Bitcoin tumblers disappearing).

All the optimism that I've had about DO originally has disappeared, which is why I quit the campaign. Still hodling the coins just in case my gut feeling is wrong, but with the ridiculously aggressive marketing and increase in centralization due to the new rules it's looking more and more like a pyramid scheme.

Keep in mind that it's extremely easy to wash trade for the devs and mods due to the tiny volume and don't get caught up in hype if you choose to buy Onions.

What do you mean with "increase in centralization due to the new rules "? I read that they are trying to implement votecentral or something like this.
Or it's because everybody is blindly following their moderator?

Yesterday a bright person dumped 60K coins and crushing price from 20 000 satoshi to under 13 000 satoshi. Now it's again around 18 000.
mittooss

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

DEm1CKDTViM1y9YmEcBaktNLWVx8rwuQUm

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:22:38 PM

Deep onion is surely a promising coin, it will grow well. Good luck Dev.
jofox

Activity: 648
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:58:09 PM

Yes Just trust in Deeponion and our God because he has nothing to do with it. Thanks to the Dev team and all moderators.
cdb1690

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:11:12 PM

Here are some of my thoughts on deeponion:

Pros:
-Very private
-Large busy community
-Lots of supporters
-Great name recognition on bitcointalk
-Nice website
-Good forum (better looking than this one at least)
-Active mods
-Actual working product

Cons:
-Significant premine
-Few exchanges
-Deepvault is basically a pedo's dream come true
-Very little market cap
-They keep calling a signature campaign an airdrop
-They pay their community to post in the form of deeppoints

Everything they do is done to benefit the owners. It's plain to see. The biggest holders get everything, the most airdrop, the most staking rewards, the biggest multipliers for posting. The interesting part is that the coin may still have a lot of value for investors and small holders, however a ton of that value is being hoarded by the original dev team. This will come home to roost one day. Probably in the form of a stagnant price will most other coins are mooning.

How the hell is DeepVault "pedo's dream come true"? DeepVault is standard blockchain notary service with the perks, such as the ability to restrict verification to owner of the file. In what use case does pedo need to notarize cp pictures?

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
lokinator

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:27:35 PM

Pros:
-Very private
-Large busy community
-Lots of supporters
-Nice website
-Active mods
-Actual working product

Cons:
-Significant premine
-Few exchanges
-Very little market cap

Everything they do is done to benefit the owners. It's plain to see. The biggest holders get everything, the most airdrop, the most staking rewards, the biggest multipliers for posting. The interesting part is that the coin may still have a lot of value for investors and small holders, however a ton of that value is being hoarded by the original dev team. This will come home to roost one day. Probably in the form of a stagnant price will most other coins are mooning.

How the hell is DeepVault "pedo's dream come true"? DeepVault is standard blockchain notary service with the perks, such as the ability to restrict verification to owner of the file. In what use case does pedo need to notarize cp pictures?

Exactly what I was thinking ... How is a notary service a "pedo's dream come true?" Are pedo's overwhelmingly concerned with whether or not the image their viewing is the official or original version? Or are they concerned with who owns it or created it? Highly doubtful that this is a concern on the mind's of pedos. lol.

Funny how people will talk badly about something, when they have absolutely no idea what that something even is...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
winteriscoming91

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:16:28 PM

Pros:
-Very private
-Large busy community
-Lots of supporters
-Nice website
-Active mods
-Actual working product

Cons:
-Significant premine
-Few exchanges
-Very little market cap

Exactly what I was thinking ... How is a notary service a "pedo's dream come true?" Are pedo's overwhelmingly concerned with whether or not the image their viewing is the official or original version? Or are they concerned with who owns it or created it? Highly doubtful that this is a concern on the mind's of pedos. lol.

Funny how people will talk badly about something, when they have absolutely no idea what that something even is...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Agree, we should be knowing things very clearly before commenting something negative.

GambleTime

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:17:25 PM

And I think that File size limit (1GB) is not enough for a pedo. And he should also save all file locally...and then use DeepVault.
No streaming service on DV :-) It's an immutable decentralized database blokchain based.....a dream come true for many business.

▌▌   Anonymous and Untranceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
juliojajoleaco

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 08:09:15 PM

i just started buying Onion on cryptopia.
BTC withdrawals on Bitfinex are takeing ages again...
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:38:01 PM

Self moderated ann thread
90% pre mined
Airdrop is a signature campaign, since you need to wear the signature to receive the airdrop.

What to think?
At the surface it looks nice and all of that, but deeponion has a big problem it has distributed most of its coins to people wearing the signature so when all those people receive their payments they are going dump their coins and as such there is a big chance those that decide to hold will lose the most since the coins will be very cheap in the market.
ByteFree

Activity: 630
Merit: 116

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:54:20 AM

[Q]: How many transactions per sec can DeepOnion handle?
(https://deeponion.org/community/members/pajulapoiss.500/ (Pajulapoiss))

[Answer]: The transactions per second depend on the block size and block interval. The average transaction size is about 500 Bytes. The DeepOnion blocksize is 1.5MB, so each block can hold about 3000 transactions. Now the block interval: DeepOnion is a mixed PoW/PoS coin, PoW interval is 240 second on average, but PoS is a lot more frequent, target at 60 sec. This means our theoretical combined block time is 48 seconds (240 / 5).
To verify this, we checked last 24 hours blocks, this is what we get:
- block 223460 occurs at Nov 25, 2017 11:59:36AM
- block 225285 occurs at Nov 26, 2017 11:59:05AM
This means we have 1825 blocks in 24 hours, which means our average block time is 47 second, which perfectly matches our designed target block time.
Thus, we have one block 48 second, which can handle 3000 transactions, this mean DeepOnion can handle the maximum transaction rate: 3000/48 = 62.5 tx/second.
As a comparison: bitcoin has block interval 600 sec, and has a block size of 1MB, this translate to a maximum process rate of 3-4 tx/second.
Even with BitcoinCash which increases block size to 8MB, it can only process about 27 tx/second.
DeepOnion is much faster than this!!!

[Q]: Do you plan to release a DeepOnion Web Wallet that is completely anonymous and private?
(https://deeponion.org/community/members/veronica123.5144/)

[Answer]: Due to the high risk that web wallets create, we have put this in low priority. We encourage people to use wallets on their private computers and secure them. Eventually there may be a qualified 3rd party that will provide this feature.

[Q]: If someone is trying to register a document, but the same hash is already registered, will such situation results in failing registration for the second person? How about collisions (probably for small files)?
(https://deeponion.org/community/members/paladin.4754/)

[Answer]: The chances for a hash collision in SHA-256 are extremely low and all coins, including bitcoin, rely on this. Therefore we won't worry about the hash collision issue (meaning two different files will result in the same hash).
If the same hash is already registered, the 2nd attempt will still be registered in the blockchain. Remember, we have an owner's address that must be specified when registering. So, if the two cases use the same owner address, then the verification will show the first time registration as the proof. If there are two different owner addresses then it depends on which owner address you use to verify, it will show the corresponding registration in blockchain. There will be no failing registration in either case.

[Q]: If DeepOnion is going to support smart contracts what will be programming language for writing contract rules?
(https://deeponion.org/community/members/the-vlado.2726/ (the.vlado))

[Answer]: This is a good question, we have many choices, and we are still investigating. We'll possibly use something similar to RSK for bitcoin, this will be an added layer and will not require the base coin to change.

[Q]: As for the web-based version, will there be an integrated onion wallet or users will need to download the desktop client?
(https://deeponion.org/community/members/dortang.71/ (dortang))

[Answer]: Web-based wallet? If it is a wallet then you won't need to download anything.

[Q]: When DeepVault was being developed, was there any legal precedence being taken into account or did you figure this would be entirely for informal audiences?
(https://deeponion.org/community/members/cryptogrinder.3246/ (CryptoGrinder))

[Answer]: We provide a feature, which is based on blockchain as a distributed/immutable database. The business that uses it may need to consider legal side issues.

[Q]: How will the addition of Vote Central impact the overall direction of the DeepOnion project, and to what extent will developers be able to "veto" a community idea if they themselves believe it is the wrong direction for the project?
(https://deeponion.org/community/members/fogojam.4697/ (Fogojam))

[Answer]: We are still formulating this as we talk. The VoteCentral is mainly for the community to propose projects and vote on the usage of the Dev fund etc. So, we will most likely let the community decide the directions. After all, we are all owners, dev and community members alike, so we are all going to determine the future of this coin and the community together. Dev team including mods and admins will mostly act as moderators instead of someone who will decide the direction. We also have a seed rule to prevent anyone reaching 51 % of total votes.

[Q]: Is there a size limit or type limit on the document, or is it any file? Will it be possible to use other protocols than local file, like http:// (or ftp)
(https://deeponion.org/community/members/thegrey.4059/ (thegrey))

[Answer]: File size limit for now is 1 GB. We can extend it if needed. File type can be any type (plain text, binary, image, zip file, exe etc). For now, the file needs to be local, you can use ftp/http to save the file locally and then use DV. We will have a website that supports DV, in which case you can use ftp and http(s) to upload the file to temporary directory. We will also provide a javascript later so you will only send the hash to the DV website so your file itself will never need to be sent (this to better protect the privacy). The DV website is in progress now. Stay tuned.

[Q]: DeepOnion birth and history (there will be nice to hear how it came to your minds and development, it's to some kind of advertisement to new members and us as well)
(https://deeponion.org/community/members/cobaro.4420/ (Cobaro))

[Answer]: We are firm believers in an anonymous and private cryptocurrency and many important features associated with the blockchain. We are working hard for DeepOnion to be the dominant crypto currency in the TOR space and provide/integrate the best features in the cryptocurrency sphere. With the community's participation and support, we have a wonderful future ahead of us!

[Q]: when is the smart contract features going to be added onto the blockchain of DeepOnion? Will it be like the ethereum erc20 token then, where you can make several tokens within the blockchain?

Will deepsend be activated before the end of the airdrop or probably after the end of the airdrop. if it would be before, then you could not verify each account holding onions neccesary for the airdrop rules, or are there other ways too?
(https://deeponion.org/community/members/seele-01.489/ (SEELE^^01))

[Answer]: The smart contract will be similar to ethereum and people will be able to start new tokens on it like ethereum and wave.

For the deepsend feature, we are still looking at the schedule. We have a few tasks before it, like DeepVault website and business use, vote-central etc.
Even when deepsend is introduced, the user has the choice to use it or not. We can still see the wallet balances. The deepsend is to hide the trace of coin transfers. For example, if you send coin from A to B, it shows on the blockchain and everyone can see it now. But when you use deepsend to send from A to B, people will see A send something, but they will not know where is the destination. This is to protect the privacy of the transactions.

[Q]: How did the concept of DeepOnion first come up? Was there a group of people from a company who were behind the project and was there a recruitment process happened in the background?
(https://deeponion.org/community/members/lazygin001.1142/ (lazygin001))

[Answer]: DeepOnion was started by 4 blockchain enthusiasts. We have many years experiences in network/software industry and are experts in software developments, networking, SEO, marketing and strategy. We are always looking for talented people and recruit them in the team. Our team is expanding, we recently had two very talented software geniuses joined us. If you have good talents that can help the community, please contact us and get involved.

[Q]: Who proposed the idea of Airdrop and the principle of community formation?
(https://deeponion.org/community/members/guardsman.3334/ (Guardsman))

[Answer]: There are two key things to make a successful coin: (1) A dynamic community who participate (2) An active and capable dev team which listens to the community and provides new features.

When we discussed the idea, it was the time where ICO/crowd funding was extremely popular.
We hated this idea, because we felt it was like cheating. The dev team got the entire fund, and those who invested got empty promises. Thus, we came up with the airdrop idea, we want the community be the owner of the coin, and we distribute everything for free! With the community being the owner of the coin, we have everything we could want! So far this model has been very successful, and we have a huge community which participates!

[Q]: About Founders Status how many members is maximum that can join the Founders Status and When you think the Voting for new projects etc will start? Only after all Airdrops?
(https://deeponion.org/community/members/ubercaber.4898/ (ubercaber))

[Answer]: There is no maximum. And we dont know yet the current number. Because we are still in airdrop progress we will know exact number when we reach the 40 th airdrop. We can say we have about 300 founders from the airdrops. VoteCentral is expected to complete before 40th airdrop. But its not something we do and stop. It will be developing by feedback from the community in time.

[Q]: How is deepsend coming along? is it being worked on now? when will it be released?
(https://deeponion.org/community/members/vectisitch.63/ (vectisitch))

[Answer]: Deepsend is in the schedule. We haven't started working on it yet. We are working on the DeepVault website that will allow everyone to use DeepVault as a service, and we work on VoteCentral now at the same time. If you are a skilled programmer or know good programmers, you or your friends are welcomed to join us.

[Q]: What is the meaning of "Founders reward: 2,000,000", is that onion coin that will going rewarded to founder equally?

[Answer]: This is the onions rewarded to the 4 founders (creators of DeepOnion). The reward was distributed according to the function and contribution of the founders. Do not confuse this with VoteCentral and Founder's status.

[Q]: Will deeponion build mobile wallet soon ?
(https://deeponion.org/community/members/rhezasamara.140/ (RhezaSamara))

[Answer]: Mobile wallets are in the plan, but it is not a priority at this time. We will either develop it ourselves or outsource it using Dev Fund.

[Q]: The source code is open and published on Github up to about a month ago - is DO source open source or proprietary?
(https://deeponion.org/community/members/finthebar.2451/ (finthebar))

[Answer]: DeepOnion is open source like most of the coins. However, we did not publish the DeepVault related code due to the heavy counterfeiting and cloning in the altcoin space. We will eventually publish the source code. At this time we haven't decided when to publish the DeepVault source code.

[Q]: Will deeponion be a masternode coin like dash?
(https://deeponion.org/community/members/kanahide.4454/)

[Answer]: No. DeepOnion has no plan to add masternodes. DeepOnion's PoS is available to everyone who holds the coin. Through PoS you can mine extra coins. We dont believe masternodes are needed. We believe in success through decentralized communities where there are no masters.

[Q]: Is there any kind of outline plan for an iOS mobile wallet for DeepOnion?
(https://deeponion.org/community/members/digitalcap.4038/ (digitalcap))

[Answer]: As previously mentioned mobile wallet is in the plan but not a priority at this time.

[Q]: How easily can the deeponion project be adapted to react to drastic changes, as for example the TOR network becoming compromised and people jumping to alternatives?
(https://deeponion.org/community/members/h3x1080.5106/)

[Answer]: It is difficult to answer this. It all depends on the situation. TOR is our transport layer; it can be switched to something else without affecting the coin functions which is built on top.

[Q]: Please can we get an explanation of how Smart contracts can be used with the DeepOnion blockchain, with different use case scenarios and when they are due to be implemented to the project going forward (If its on track with the roadmap timing)
(https://deeponion.org/community/members/night-hawkz.438/ (Night Hawkz))

[Answer]: A Smart contract is a complex feature, we are currently investigating which is the best way to implement it. We can either implement it in our blockchain, or to integrate with another blockchain with two-way pegging. This is the way RSK project is doing it and intending to provide smart contract feature to Bitcoin.

[Q]: If the time will come that the mobile WALLET would be released, can i do staking on it on mobile phone?
(https://deeponion.org/community/members/ephraim_90.4132/ (ephraim_90))

[Answer]: The mobile wallet is in schedule but not started. We haven't decided whether it should support staking there.

[Q]: When the coins were created, in the very beginning, why and who chose X13 algo? Is it possible in future to change algo to make it friendlier to GPU mining?
(https://deeponion.org/community/members/masterbl.1470/ (MasterBl))

[Answer]: X13 was chosen as it is a popular algorithm. It is possible in the future to switch to a better algorithm, such as equihash. But this will require a hard fork at a certain block height. We can accept such proposal from the community at votecentral and see at least 2/3 consensus. We will crawl votecentral members (founders and holders) total registered balances and approve those winners from similar algo from 3 levels
1/3 of votes, 51% of votes and 2/3 of votes easy proposals will be accepted 1/3 normal ones 51% and important ones such as forks we will seek 3/2 of votes. It is similar to goverments management systems.

[Q]: The TOR version as shipped with deeponion (0.2.5.1-alpha-dev) is forked from upstream in early 2014. There are tons of bugs and security issues that were reported and fixed. When we will see a current TOR version?
(https://deeponion.org/community/members/brotherhood.178/)

[Answer]: The dev team will work on upgrading TOR to a more recent version. It could take some time as it seems quite a lot has been changed. If you are an expert on the domain, please help us.

[Q]: Is everything going well on the road map of DO (I mean all what the DEVs wrote on the road map is going as they say)
(https://deeponion.org/community/members/shnici.2282/ (SHNICI))

[Answer]: Yes, so far everything is going on great. Note that we do make adjustments sometimes on the features and priorities, for example the DeepVault was not in the initial roadmap. We listen and learn from the community and the roadmap is our goal but sometimes to grow better we change things. We will always communicate this.

[Q]: DeepOnion is a community supported project in different ways, but I don't see this contribution is development side, do you have any plan to create a more active github repo?
(https://deeponion.org/community/members/rafzalan.639/ (rafzalan))

[Answer]: This is a great point! We encourage people to submit pull requests with enhancements and fixes. Also, we encourage talented software people to join the team to develop the new features. We are expanding!

[Q]: Since the dev team is super busy dealing with every aspect of DeepOnion, would you consider attracting some highly technical people or experts in blockchain to help develop more advanced features to benefit the future of DeepOnion?
(https://deeponion.org/community/members/tembit.436/ (tembit))

[Answer]: Yes absolutely! We are always looking for talented people to join the team. Also we actively think to outsource some development to third party companies. The Dev Fund is mainly for this purpose.

[Q]: What plans are with DeepVault fees when DeepOnion price goes very high? I know it could be adjusted by devs, would like to know more about that. Thank you.
(https://deeponion.org/community/members/zajiczech.3951/ (zajiczech))

[Answer]: We plan to lower the DeepVault fee when the DV website is ready. DV website will provide DeepVault as a service, so people can use it without have to use a DeepOnion Wallet. This will open a big door for many businesses to use it.

[Q]: Can you please give a clear and final explanation about the reason Source Code is Closed Source at the moment?
(https://deeponion.org/community/members/luxcoin.1066/ (luxcoin))

[Answer]: As mentioned before, we will eventually publish the source code for DeepVault. We temporarily hold the source code to avoid irresponsible counterfeiting and cloning so we can better improve this feature and offer it to businesses.

[Q]: What type of method will DeepSend use to hide transactions? Will it be something similiar to Monero's ring signatures or Zcash's zero-knowledge proofs? Likewise, will DeepSend make such payments totally untraceable, or will there still be some amount of 'paper trail' in the end?
(https://deeponion.org/community/members/coinjunkie556.4575/ (CoinJunkie556))

[Answer]: DeepSend will use random, trustless mixers to hide the transaction. It is different from Monero and Zcash or Zcoin technologies. However, it is possible that Zcash or Zcoin tech will be integrated too as they are at different levels of trace hiding.

[Q]: When are we going to have a new Mac Osx Wallet with DeepVault integrated?
(https://deeponion.org/community/members/gorgeous011235.3236/ (Gorgeous011235))

[Answer]: We will work on this soon.

[Q]: If DeepOnion is going to support smart contracts what will be programming language for writing contract rules?
(https://deeponion.org/community/members/the-vlado.2726/ (the.vlado))

[Answer]: We are still investigating the smart contract technologies. The language will depends on the tech chosen.

[Q]: I feel that the development of a web based DeepVault feature is not actually going to affect the actual coin itself so why is this being prioritized over deepsend? deepsend is the next logical step forward for deeponion to gain more big investors who want to see actual development taking place before they jump in. can this please be moved back to the next thing to come out as it is really important?

[Answer]: We feel that DeepVault is a very nice feature and at this time it is not used as it should be. It is a unique feature provided by DeepOnion and has big potential in many business areas. To make it as a service will not only promote the real use of the DeepOnion, but also attract more businesses into the secure and private network where they will find many useful features. This is a disrupting technology and we have to market it to its full potential.
SriNr

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:45:23 AM

What?

A new coin? Where is the thread...

DeepOnion is a brand new PoW (mineable) and freely distributed coin to the community (through regular airdrops).
It is a brand new coin that was released on the 12th of July. The developers have taken a unique approach to how they distribute the coin. 90% of the coin has already been mined, of which the vast majority will be used to distribute for free to people who join the free airdrops (more on how you can receive your free coins further down the article).
Knepala

Activity: 504
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:22:06 PM

Good news,

The registration date requirement has moved up to 1 december.
Click mine or any Deeponion signature to apply.

Qzeyn

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:31:36 PM

Right now I'm still learning and will only get involved once
I have the knowledge and happy my info is safe, one don't want to get involved
In a project without doing research first, I will take my time learn and than participate.
Just me but comfortable with my decision.
Sulfurath

Activity: 346

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:26:12 PM

I am loving the price increases with deep onion, finally this coin is getting noticed, in a way it should, this time next year $10 USD, you can't keep these onions buried forever.

lokinator

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:34:44 PM

Self moderated ann thread
90% pre mined
Airdrop is a signature campaign, since you need to wear the signature to receive the airdrop.

What to think?
At the surface it looks nice and all of that, but deeponion has a big problem it has distributed most of its coins to people wearing the signature so when all those people receive their payments they are going dump their coins and as such there is a big chance those that decide to hold will lose the most since the coins will be very cheap in the market.

That is certainly a possibility that the price could dip at the end of the airdrop period ... Although airdrop participants have been able to sell their coins for several weeks now and it hasn't hurt the value of Onions.

I suppose we will just have to wait and see.  Smiley

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
jk_14
Legendary

Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 05:44:44 PM

What do you mean with "increase in centralization due to the new rules "? I read that they are trying to implement votecentral or something like this.
Or it's because everybody is blindly following their moderator?

Yesterday a bright person dumped 60K coins and crushing price from 20 000 satoshi to under 13 000 satoshi. Now it's again around 18 000.
With the new rules you get Onions based on how many you hold. So you need to spend at least 26k USD on Onions to get roughly as many Onions as you would have with the old rules.

And let's face it, nobody is going to do that.

As a result, old holders and especially those with x2/x5 rates and devs will end up holding the vast majority of Onions in existence.

And buying coins when more than half the supply is controlled by barely a dozen people is not a smart move whatsoever.
cdb1690

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 06:33:01 PM

With the new rules you get Onions based on how many you hold. So you need to spend at least 26k USD on Onions to get roughly as many Onions as you would have with the old rules.

And let's face it, nobody is going to do that.

As a result, old holders and especially those with x2/x5 rates and devs will end up holding the vast majority of Onions in existence.

And buying coins when more than half the supply is controlled by barely a dozen people is not a smart move whatsoever.

True, but this is true for all airdrops with proportional distribution at least to some degree. It's kind of an interesting conundrum: how do you distribute 90% of initial money supply? You can do something like first come, first serve with a limit per user, but then you have implement and enforce host of rules intended to combat multiaccounting. You can do long lasting signature campaign, but this is even more administratively complicated as you have to implement and enforce host of rules intended to combat multiaccounting as well as spamming. From this point of view, proportional distribution is a better solution as it doesn't require a lot of bureaucratic overhead. But one of its consequences is that it does make rich richer.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: