Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 03:57:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-07-12]Russia’s Largest Airline Considers Accepting Bitcoin Payments  (Read 5969 times)
Vladdirescu87 (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 264

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 09:36:13 PM

The largest Russian airline company “Aeroflot” is considering accepting payments for airline tickets in a cryptocurrency, such as Bitcoin.

According to a recent report, Aeroflot has announced that it is now looking for a contractor to conduct research into the area of cryptocurrency payment acceptance. The results of this research will help lower expenses and increase the company's competitiveness and operational efficiency.

Read the full article: https://coinidol.com/aeroflot-considers-accepting-bitcoin/
snipie
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1140

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2017, 10:19:32 PM

Japanese airline company Peach Aviation has also recently announced it plans to accept Bitcoin as payment for airline tickets by the end of 2017.

A good move even if they are still analysing the situation / regulations...etc

In the meantime, customers traveling in Europe have already had the opportunity to pay via Bitcoin for airline tickets since 2014. Latvian airline airBaltic became the world’s  first airline to accept Bitcoin as payment for its tickets to 60 destinations in Europe, Middle East, Russia and the CIS.

Wonder know how much they earned from payments with bitcoin and how much it represents among the other payments method
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 01:46:16 AM

Japanese airline company Peach Aviation has also recently announced it plans to accept Bitcoin as payment for airline tickets by the end of 2017.

A good move even if they are still analysing the situation / regulations...etc

In the meantime, customers traveling in Europe have already had the opportunity to pay via Bitcoin for airline tickets since 2014. Latvian airline airBaltic became the world’s  first airline to accept Bitcoin as payment for its tickets to 60 destinations in Europe, Middle East, Russia and the CIS.

Wonder know how much they earned from payments with bitcoin and how much it represents among the other payments method

Yes, Japanese already started the trend, maybe other Airlines will follow suit and soon everyone will accept it, so frequent travelers would have the option to pay with bitcoin. If this happens then I'm sure a lot of travelers would buy bitcoin so that they have alternatives. And this alone will push the price of bitcoin to the next level.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 01:24:09 PM

Oh that's would be great! I'm Russian, but currently live abroad. But I travel home by this airlines like two times a year, so I'm a press on who are interested. Just hope to it would be not the same story as with their miles program, when a flight pairs by miles costs so high that you need to collect this miles for years to use it one day for some short ordinary flight  Sad
WindingTree

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 01:51:40 PM

The largest Russian airline company “Aeroflot” is considering accepting payments for airline tickets in a cryptocurrency, such as Bitcoin.

According to a recent report, Aeroflot has announced that it is now looking for a contractor to conduct research into the area of cryptocurrency payment acceptance. The results of this research will help lower expenses and increase the company's competitiveness and operational efficiency.

Read the full article: https://coinidol.com/aeroflot-considers-accepting-bitcoin/

I feel like it's a no-brainer to accept Bitcoin. They save a ton on processing costs and carry no risk, as they all instantly convert to FIAT.

Winding Tree - Blockchain for Travel Distribution Trusted by: Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, and more!
Join our Telegram Channel
veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 02:33:54 PM

not going to happen before Russia legalises or regulates bitcoins
"Aeroflot has announced that it is now looking for a contractor to conduct research into the area of cryptocurrency payment acceptance"-
there is a long way between conducting research and actually,accepting bitcoins
especially if there is no official way to convert bitcoins to fiat and then have them taxed etc.
but if this goes through,somehow,this would be great

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 04:01:19 PM

I never take any sort of Bitcoin related news coming from Russia seriously. Main point of importance is that one day Russian politicians are quite in favor of Bitcoin, where the next day they completely change from standpoint. As veleten also pointed at, there is a huge difference between doing research where they are considering accepting Bitcoin, and actually doing it. But then again, even if they did end up accepting Bitcoin for real, how much demand will there be from people to pay for their flights with Bitcoin? I think the revenue/usage that they will experience from this extra payment option will be too insignificant to be taken seriously.
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1134

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 05:06:29 PM

In a cryptocurrency such as Bitcoin, so it doesn't have to be Bitcoin. Considering that Putin is supporting ETH that was made by a fellow Russian, we shouldn't expect anything crazy, like full Bitcoin acceptance. I'm not saying the news isn't anything but great, but it's too soon to expect them to actually do it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: