Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:57:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning !!! BTC-e selectively scamming me  (Read 876 times)
Dutchy1234 (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 04:58:42 AM

Hello everyone,

I made an account on https://btc-e.com/ back in 2014 and deposited a bunch of LTE Litecoins on my account. I said to myself to not touch my account for 3 years, those 3 years are done and in the meantime my account has been suspended for inactivity.

I signed up before September 10, 2015 which means I did not agreed to any inactivity period listed on their terms of use: https://web.archive.org/web/20150910111027/https://btc-e.com/page/1

At first it sounded very promising, BTC-e referred me to their website where it said I had to verify with www.xbtce.com and after verification my account would be automatically unblocked within 10 days.

4. The account is blocked according to BTC-e Terms of Use https://btc-e.com/page/1 p. - 9.10.
4.1. Go to https://www.xbtce.com.
4.2. Create an account and complete the verification process, providing all required documents. Our staff will review your documents and your account will be verified. For more information about the verification process, refer to https://support.xbtce.info/Knowledgebase/Article/View/77/30/3-procedura-verifikacii-ewallet.
4.3. Your btc-e.com account will be verified automatically within 1 day after receiving the verified status on xbtce
4.4. Within 10 days, your inactive btc-e account will be unblocked.

It has been 13 days and I am still suspended. as of Thursday the 13th of July.  I have send a support ticket every single day to BTC-e since my verification on xbtce.

Out of the 13 tickets I have send so far I have received only 3 times a response to 1 ticket, all other 12 tickets are left unanswered.

The responses I have received are:

1) Dear Customer, Thank you for contacting BTC-e. Send the screen of the purse from which the deposit was sent. I received 2 Times, this exact same answer.
2) Dear Customer, Thank you for contacting BTC-e. Write the bank account number for which you have raised funds in 2015.

These responses are ridiculous, first of all my history on my other BTC-e account from where I made the deposit is completely clear so there is nothing to see. Secondly, I did not raised funds in 2015 because I not touched my account since 2014. Also, I find it unacceptable how short and somewhat rude these responses are. There is no concern for the customer through the BTC-e support service.

The following is what in general my support ticket mails look like:(Ticket from Tuesday the 11th of July)
Dear Sir/Madam,

Today I have been waiting 11 days after I got verified by xbtce and BTC-e still not unblock my account.

The story:
You guys tell me within 10 day, my account will be unblocked. Today is already the 9th day!! Why you guys play with me? Just unblock my account.
I have ALREADY verified my account through xbtce.
The terms say that after verifying with xbtce that: ''Within 10 days, your inactive BTC-e account will be unblocked.'' It has been 11 days already!
2 Times I received a response saying: ''Send the screen of the purse from which the deposit was sent '' This makes NO sense.  I have also receive a response ‘’Write your bank account number for which you raised funds in 2015’’
Please stop playing with me, please unblock my account. I have done what needed to be done. I have followed your BTC-e Terms of use p. 9.10.
I have already send 11 support tickets, 1 every day, since my verification 11 days ago on xbtce. I have not yet received any clear response, and whenever I try to login on my BTC-e account with the same email address it still says that I am suspended.
Could you please clarify, why I am still suspended, and how long it will take before I am allowed to access my (acount name hidden) on BTC-e?
Thanks in advance.

With kind regards,
(real name hidden)

I have been very reasonable and I have been playing by their rules, however they keep ignoring my support tickets except for 1 ticket to which its responses were ridiculous.
I have read on several occasions that in order for them to unblock your account that one needs to do some online slandering and accuse them of scamming on as many online platforms as possible.

BTC-e has been not helpful at all to unblock my account.

If anyone has any more suggestion I would be very keen to hear them.

Thank you all in advance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dutchy1234 (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 04:28:51 AM

Thanks for your contribution Michael.

However, contacting the Times or Computer Weekly still is not going to unlock my account.

I am really upset that they just preventing me from accessing my account. I really do not know what to do in order to get my funds back..
TheJamesFund

Activity: 51

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 09:04:29 AM

Im getting screwed the same way!!!!! I been locked out 7/3/17 and got the same email. I GOT VERIFIED and now they ignoring all my request for help.They closing out new tickets without response and i even contacted XBTCE AND got this response

Support

I have been verified for several days now, My account got hacked on July 3rd. I have followed your directions on getting my account unlocked with verification. I was hacked and booted when i was logged it I had 2FA engabled WTF

Its been over 10 days now. Your email says 48 hours

[Support access to my btce account
Dear Client,

Thank you for contacting xBTCe Support.

Please note, you're now contacting xBTCe, not btc-e company. Your xBTCe account was successfully verified. Unfortunately we don't have access to any btc-e accounts. Please contact btc-e support team directly regarding this issue. Thank you for understanding.

Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,
xBTCe
Dutchy1234 (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 01:24:01 PM

Yes this is ridiculous, they just selectively ignore all people that have this problem. Hoping they will eventually give up and take all your funds. If this really is the case I will be even more angry than I already am.
TheJamesFund

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 08:48:25 PM

BTCE told me my funds were safe and account blocked

When I got Hacked I was online on btce. I was booted off. My phone notified me my password was reset. I contact btce and they locked down the account. they told me my funds were safe and account blocked but i need to prove the blah blah blah etc which i did but they wanted screen shot of the FROM computer of my latest deposits, which i was not able to do. I bought my coins from online and had it transferred, so they said to bet xbtce verified. My old email was locked down and on a 30 day wait for recovery with Microsoft, so i cannot access old email, so BTCE said I needed to do the verification for email. After verification no more responses and my support tickets were closed out without answer and new ones were deleted from my "my support tickets tab"
Dutchy1234 (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 08:45:18 AM

Today I received a response: ''Your data does not match the bank transfer data''

First off, I never even made bank transfer through or to BTC-e. Back in 2014 I send bitcoins to BTC-e and changed them into Litecoins. Other than that I have never done anything on BTC-e...

These were the previous 2 responses by BTC-e:

1) Dear Customer, Thank you for contacting BTC-e. Send the screen of the purse from which the deposit was sent.
2) Dear Customer, Thank you for contacting BTC-e. Write the bank account number for which you have raised funds in 2015.

ALL of this makes NO sense because I never used any bank account to raise funds, and I have not been online since 2014

This sh*t is becoming worthless
TheJamesFund

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 09:29:57 AM

I will pray and beg of any god or greater power (devil included) to please help me. I swear this is suicidal.
aTriz

Activity: 1218
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 10:04:58 PM

Did some digging and found that verification is actually optional. The rule itself of inactivity will block your account is just bs in itself. What if I had 3 btc in my account from 2013 and I wanted to sell them now. Pretty sure they have no right to do this and this might be worth reporting. In the next try store your coins in a more secure place.

Dutchy1234 (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 11:08:35 AM

Well that still leaves me without my coins. Im hoping to find a solution to all this madness. In the meantime I am still contacting their support daily, but have not yet received a new response.. so sad.
jorneyflair

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 08:04:34 AM

Hello everyone,

I made an account on https://btc-e.com/ back in 2014 and deposited a bunch of LTE Litecoins on my account. I said to myself to not touch my account for 3 years, those 3 years are done and in the meantime my account has been suspended for inactivity.

I signed up before September 10, 2015 which means I did not agreed to any inactivity period listed on their terms of use: https://web.archive.org/web/20150910111027/https://btc-e.com/page/1

At first it sounded very promising, BTC-e referred me to their website where it said I had to verify with www.xbtce.com and after verification my account would be automatically unblocked within 10 days.

4. The account is blocked according to BTC-e Terms of Use https://btc-e.com/page/1 p. - 9.10.
4.1. Go to https://www.xbtce.com.
4.2. Create an account and complete the verification process, providing all required documents. Our staff will review your documents and your account will be verified. For more information about the verification process, refer to https://support.xbtce.info/Knowledgebase/Article/View/77/30/3-procedura-verifikacii-ewallet.
4.3. Your btc-e.com account will be verified automatically within 1 day after receiving the verified status on xbtce
4.4. Within 10 days, your inactive btc-e account will be unblocked.

It has been 13 days and I am still suspended. as of Thursday the 13th of July.  I have send a support ticket every single day to BTC-e since my verification on xbtce.

Out of the 13 tickets I have send so far I have received only 3 times a response to 1 ticket, all other 12 tickets are left unanswered.

The responses I have received are:

1) Dear Customer, Thank you for contacting BTC-e. Send the screen of the purse from which the deposit was sent. I received 2 Times, this exact same answer.

These responses are ridiculous, first of all my history on my other BTC-e account from where I made the deposit is completely clear so there is nothing to see. Secondly, I did not raised funds in 2015 because I not touched my account since 2014. Also, I find it unacceptable how short and somewhat rude these responses are. There is no concern for the customer through the BTC-e support service.

The following is what in general my support ticket mails look like:(Ticket from Tuesday the 11th of July)
Dear Sir/Madam,

Today I have been waiting 11 days after I got verified by xbtce and BTC-e still not unblock my account.

The story:
You guys tell me within 10 day, my account will be unblocked. Today is already the 9th day!! Why you guys play with me? Just unblock my account.
I have ALREADY verified my account through xbtce.
The terms say that after verifying with xbtce that: ''Within 10 days, your inactive BTC-e account will be unblocked.'' It has been 11 days already!
2 Times I received a response saying: ''Send the screen of the purse from which the deposit was sent '' This makes NO sense.  I have also receive a response ‘’Write your bank account number for which you raised funds in 2015’’
Please stop playing with me, please unblock my account. I have done what needed to be done. I have followed your BTC-e Terms of use p. 9.10.
I have already send 11 support tickets, 1 every day, since my verification 11 days ago on xbtce. I have not yet received any clear response, and whenever I try to login on my BTC-e account with the same email address it still says that I am suspended.
Could you please clarify, why I am still suspended, and how long it will take before I am allowed to access my (acount name hidden) on BTC-e?
Thanks in advance.

With kind regards,
(real name hidden)

I have been very reasonable and I have been playing by their rules, however they keep ignoring my support tickets except for 1 ticket to which its responses were ridiculous.
I have read on several occasions that in order for them to unblock your account that one needs to do some online slandering and accuse them of scamming on as many online platforms as possible.

BTC-e has been not helpful at all to unblock my account.

If anyone has any more suggestion I would be very keen to hear them.

Thank you all in advance.

That is pretty sad, they don't have a bitcointalk account so you can't contact them via that. Maybe try tweet at them or try to contact them through other means, but I doubt you will be getting your LTE back. How much did you have?

If you had a bunch, maybe threaten them with legal action, but if it isn't that big of an amount, it probably won't be worth the time, effort or money. Sometimes you just gotta just take a hit and keep on moving.

Maybe next time use something safer to store your altcoins and you won't be scammed anymore.
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 08:46:14 AM

Its so unfortunate of what you have to face in the hands of the site. Although, you violated their terms but for the same reason that they provided another means getting it activated in which yiubhave completed, then they are under obligation to honour their own words. I would suggest you keep trying and give them some days after the 10 days because they might hide that it should be 10 working days. Then after that since they don't have a thread on the forum the next is for you call them out on Twitter I am sure that will get their attention.
Dutchy1234 (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 12:11:25 PM

Thanks for the replies.

Olubams, I actually did not violated their terms, I joined back in 2013 and after I haven't touched my account. In 2013 there was nothing about an inactivity period in their terms of use, I have cross checked it.

As of now its been 3 weeks after I got verified and they have been ignoring all my support tickets, except for one to which I just got an ridicilous response (it is written some comments up), I have made 19 supports tickets as of now..

Anyways, yes I would like to call them out on twitter, however I do not have a twitter account and if I were to make one I am sure they would not care about me since I have no followers. Perhaps someone on the forum with a more reputable twitter accoutn could help out? You will be compensated.

Thanks in advance!
JamesNoJosh

Activity: 81
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 08:56:20 PM

I am in the same boat Dutchy. Everything you posted I have experience. Lets hope for the best. Seeing your post has made me feel I am not alone in this matter. I did everything pretty you did if not more. After verification I still have not received any responses at all. My tickets are RED labeled private and SILENCED. when I create a new ticket it disappears or closed out. Anyone out there please comment as well. Like to hear from everyone.
onlyforthisaccount

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:36:28 PM

I am in the same boat Dutchy. Everything you posted I have experience. Lets hope for the best. Seeing your post has made me feel I am not alone in this matter. I did everything pretty you did if not more. After verification I still have not received any responses at all. My tickets are RED labeled private and SILENCED. when I create a new ticket it disappears or closed out. Anyone out there please comment as well. Like to hear from everyone.

I have the exact same issue as you, James.  My email got mysteriously hacked and I lost access to it.  My 2FA got unlinked and after submitting everything they wanted, with records for transaction history, they don't respond to anything.
Dutchy1234 (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 01:42:44 AM

Perhaps its a good thing that BTC-e is about to get stripped down... We probably would have never received our coins back.... but now, well maybe we do.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: