Bitcoin Forum
February 21, 2018, 05:31:13 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: pool-x problems  (Read 391 times)
i3lome

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 05:31:29 AM

Well first off im poor so I have to Cpu mine. Between 4 computers I get around ~23kh/s so each share I get is important.

Is pool-x a bad pool to deal with? It seems it take about 6 hours to get 30 shares compared to Ozcoin which took 1 hour to get 30 shares. Which leads to my second issue with pool-x. I cant get ahold of the admin of the site to save my live. I wanted to cancel my account and get a payout since it will take me about 3 months to reach the payout minimum, but his contact info cant be found anywhere.

Does anyone know how to contact pool-x?

~23kh/s is extremely slow, I already know this but I cant give up. Im just trying to make it to a GPU
Automated Bitcoin Fork Extraction Tool WE DO TOUGH WALLETS: BCH | BTG | BCD | SBTC | UBTC | B2X | BCX | BTF Electrum 2FA, Trezor, Ledger, SegWit, Bech32
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dsm

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 05:45:23 AM

Wow. That sounds painful. Here's my $.02:

1) Skip lunch for a week or two. Basically, save up $40 to $60 for a GPU.
2) Familiarize yourself with the Radeon cards here: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison
3) Look for something like the Radeon HD 4870 on eBay or Craigslist
4) Do NOT overclock it until you've banked enough BTC for a real GPU
i3lome

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 05:54:36 AM

Wow. That sounds painful. Here's my $.02:

1) Skip lunch for a week or two. Basically, save up $40 to $60 for a GPU.
2) Familiarize yourself with the Radeon cards here: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison
3) Look for something like the Radeon HD 4870 on eBay or Craigslist
4) Do NOT overclock it until you've banked enough BTC for a real GPU

Brother, Im struggling. I work a minimum wage job just to cover the bills so I have no extra cash. My only hope for a decent card is from mining and trading on Btc-e. I got lucky to get a $1 Btc-e code and have made a few hundred trades to make it to $12.26 that has taken about a month and should be popping out 1 more ltc in a week or 2.  It will take me a good long time but I will keep on going
soundasleep

Activity: 160

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 09:16:00 AM

I've got two CPU miners, one at 36 Khash and one at a measly 12 Kh. Pool-x is too unreliable and returns too many rejects for me.

So now I'm instead mining on give-me-ltc. I use the WeMineLTC stratum proxy to connect to give-me-ltc via stratum, and the stratum proxy provides a GetWork interface that I can use with CPUminer.

It's a bit of work, but once it's running it's awesome. give-me-ltc and WeMineLTC (I think) both provide dynamic difficulty as well so you should get relatively few stales. At both 40 and 12 khash I'm getting 5% rejects using the stratum-to-getWork proxy.

Fwiw, you should check your power usage and make sure you're not just wasting electricity.
i3lome

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 09:23:49 AM

From what  I have seen pool-x is not the same as it once was. Im planning on making the move to give-me-ltc but I need to make the 2.5ltc payout on pool-x. Im at 1.15ltc so it will take me about a month or more to make the payout. One guy from BTC-E has been loaning me some hashing power since he feels sorry for my 4pc ~23kh setup. I appreciate what he is doing for me. Im just trying to get ahold of enough coin now to get a gpu, money is real tight. So I will keep mining even at a snails pace.

I get free power and broadband, otherwise it would cost to much to even cpu mine for me.
sexcoyote

Activity: 235

🌟 COMSA ICO: 10/02/17 🌟

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 10:28:00 AM

what operating system do you use?

COMSA The ICO Solution for Centralized Businesses to Adopt Blockchain Technologies
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌▌  ICO: Oct 2nd until Nov 6th▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
■ ■ ■ WebsiteWhitepaperTwitterBlogsRedditFacebook ■  TelegramSlackBitcointalk ■ ■ ■
i3lome

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 11:02:20 AM

Windows 7 64 bit- Running Scryptminer- poolers 64bit miner.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.