Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:22:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TEZOS raised 231 Million  (Read 6649 times)
williamevanl

Activity: 404
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 12:02:37 AM

I know it's not clip art of gold coins going into piggy banks but here's some of the technical information behind this project and the new smart contract language: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oG4Ead74xA
megaman84

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 01:36:07 PM

1) Ethereum was also an uncapped Ico, so whats the problem for you guys that tezos was also uncapped? The big advantage is that everbody could participate, causing wide spread adoption for this project.

2) If some of you guys think that tezos will be sold below the ICO price, you are dreaming to be able to jump on to the train for cheap, just because u missed it to participate. I think the opposite will happen, there will be huge buys because there are many traders (day traders), that didn't want to lock their funds for like 4 months and those people who didn't notice this project. Also the cryptomarket propably will grow and new money will be flushed into the market until the end of 2017 when tezos hits the exchanges, hitting new all time highs for BTC and many other altcoins. Remember when the marketcap was 14billion In January I think and was reaching 115billion in May/June

3) Tezos has the better blockchain then ETH or BTC or any other coin on the market now, look back to the DAO disaster, look on BTC scaling issues now..
Chain splits are history with tezos thanks to governance and its amending blockchain is fully programmable. Welcome to the future and blockchain 2.0.
If you see this from the value perspective, tezos will compete with ETH or even with BTC in the longterm. We will see...

4) The founders and their team are definatley smart people and I have no doubt, that they will push this project forward!

I will remember you guys on this post when tezos is on the market for 1 week and when the crypto marektcap goes to 1trillion within 2-3 years! Peace

williamevanl

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 02:17:34 PM

1) Ethereum was also an uncapped Ico, so whats the problem for you guys that tezos was also uncapped? The big advantage is that everbody could participate, causing wide spread adoption for this project.

2) If some of you guys think that tezos will be sold below the ICO price, you are dreaming to be able to jump on to the train for cheap, just because u missed it to participate. I think the opposite will happen, there will be huge buys because there are many traders (day traders), that didn't want to lock their funds for like 4 months and those people who didn't notice this project. Also the cryptomarket propably will grow and new money will be flushed into the market until the end of 2017 when tezos hits the exchanges, hitting new all time highs for BTC and many other altcoins. Remember when the marketcap was 14billion In January I think and was reaching 115billion in May/June

3) Tezos has the better blockchain then ETH or BTC or any other coin on the market now, look back to the DAO disaster, look on BTC scaling issues now..
Chain splits are history with tezos thanks to governance and its amending blockchain is fully programmable. Welcome to the future and blockchain 2.0.
If you see this from the value perspective, tezos will compete with ETH or even with BTC in the longterm. We will see...

4) The founders and their team are definatley smart people and I have no doubt, that they will push this project forward!

I will remember you guys on this post when tezos is on the market for 1 week and when the crypto marektcap goes to 1trillion within 2-3 years! Peace

Shhhhhhhhhhhh Tongue
marknowen

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 02:27:38 PM

The real question is... what on earth would a new project do with 231 million? There is no way on earth that it could be spent sensibly on development of a startup.

People didnt learn anythign from the dotcom bubble it seems. Large funding IS NOT a recipe for success - more like a burden!
cryptastic

Activity: 121

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 03:07:55 PM

231 million is absolutely insane, what could you possibly need all that $ for? Some of the biggest projects these days started with funding around $500k - $2M, this gives them a reason to be eager to work and make things in the best way possible. This 231M will make them slack and probably not give the project the attention that it deserves.
williamevanl

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 03:13:40 PM

Ha, interesting the concern is they have too much money for funding! I love it. Smiley  I hope they buy a superbowl ad. Honestly 200 Million isn't that much money in terms of marketing, advertisements developers etc..
hellwithbanks

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 04:03:02 PM

There will be a lot of people that will sell as soon as it gets listed in order to make a little bit of profit which will cause it to dump below ICO price as most of them usually do, I'm surprised that they raised so much.

I'm not surprised. If you think about the on-chain upgrades. I don't like the hard fork on 1 augustus this year.
https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/926/1*KTVJJ_CHNMOQXNvDDCEIBQ.png

They purposefully ignored Decred from the list. Because decred checks pretty everything on that box.
newcoin01

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 07:54:39 PM

Ha, interesting the concern is they have too much money for funding! I love it. Smiley  I hope they buy a superbowl ad. Honestly 200 Million isn't that much money in terms of marketing, advertisements developers etc..
Cheesy

At least can we say it is enough?  Cheesy
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 11:11:08 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2017, 02:04:31 AM by andrei56

Not that bad for an uncapped ICO. I thought it raised to much.
I think this coin will reached the price of Ethereum.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-tezos-blockchain-draper-idUSKBN181250

To be honest I do not know if that is a good news, there are not going to be many investors that will want to buy the coins and even if there are your gains are simply not going to be as big as they could be if the project started small and then grew.
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 01:04:09 PM

To be honest I do not know if that s a good news, there are not going to be many investors that will want to buy the coins and even if there are your gains are simply not going to be as big as they could be if the project started small and then grew.
I think Tezo team should disclose the number of ico participants.
I think there will not be more than 5k investors at best.
When Tezos will hit exchange early next year,there will be huge demand because there are certainly more than 5k crypto users in the world.

Smaczny

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 01:09:15 PM

ico's are gaining more and more cash but in reality they need only few millions :v logic
megaman84

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 01:09:23 PM

To be honest I do not know if that s a good news, there are not going to be many investors that will want to buy the coins and even if there are your gains are simply not going to be as big as they could be if the project started small and then grew.
I think Tezo team should disclose the number of ico participants.
I think there will not be more than 5k investors at best.
When Tezos will hit exchange early next year,there will be huge demand because there are certainly more than 5k crypto users in the world.

31000 wallets so its around 31k investors as it doesn't make sense to have 2 wallets...
hellwithbanks

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 01:16:20 PM

Are they ever going to re-open the slack?
megaman84

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 01:18:20 PM

Are they ever going to re-open the slack?

no, they said they will do a communication platform on their website.
Decryptos

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 01:20:41 PM

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
damn like bancor 150mil now worth 75mil
snt 100++ now 80
tezos 231 could be halving to, halving your pocket
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy congrat for ico buyers
those ICOs was ethereum based. but tezos not ethereum based.

you're right! this is completely different and I think will be a great crypto if the team does what it says
megaman84

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 01:27:46 PM

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
snt 100++ now 80

you're right! this is completely different and I think will be a great crypto if the team does what it says

@fmz89

If you believe that tezo will half so that you can buy cheap you are wrong, except they cannot deliver, which I don't believe as the product is already finished. They are doing the fine tuning now, concentrating on security aspects. They are super professional as the fundraiser showed!

Secondly, the people who took part in the crowdsale have the patience to wait for many months until they launch the blockchain and tezos get finally distributed. Do you really think those people will dump below the ICO price? That won't happen,maybe in your dreams,  the train already left the station.

Edit: Tezo futures is traded @ around 1.50USD on hitbtc, what does that tell you?

MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 01:31:53 PM

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
snt 100++ now 80

@fmz89

If you believe that tezo will half so that you can buy cheap you will be wrong, except they cannot deliver, which I don't believe as the product is already finished. They are doing the fine tuning now, concentrating on security aspects. They are super professional as the fundraiser showed!

Secondly, the people who took part in the crowdsale have the patience to wait for many months until they launch the blockchain and tezos get finally distributed. Do you really think those people will dump below the ICO price? That won't happen, the train already left the station.

Don't say that the price won't dump in early stage after the the tokens was tradable on exchange. Always remember that early adaptors already received bonus and selling immediately on ICO price will give them quick profit. A multi million fund ICO is very hard to pump above ICO price.

megaman84

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 02:53:03 PM

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
snt 100++ now 80

@fmz89

If you believe that tezo will half so that you can buy cheap you will be wrong, except they cannot deliver, which I don't believe as the product is already finished. They are doing the fine tuning now, concentrating on security aspects. They are super professional as the fundraiser showed!

Secondly, the people who took part in the crowdsale have the patience to wait for many months until they launch the blockchain and tezos get finally distributed. Do you really think those people will dump below the ICO price? That won't happen, the train already left the station.

Don't say that the price won't dump in early stage after the the tokens was tradable on exchange. Always remember that early adaptors already received bonus and selling immediately on ICO price will give them quick profit. A multi million fund ICO is very hard to pump above ICO price.

I don't agree because there will be many buy walls waiting to get onto the train and those buy walls are propably higher then the ICO price. Also when u look around you get the feeling that many people missed to buy tezos because they ask where they can buy now. The developers are smart and will make sure that tezos will have a positive start.

People trading tezo future around 1,50 USD at the moment is an indicator of confidence. We will see...
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 4935

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 04:43:07 PM

Where can I short this shit?

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 05:56:27 PM

You can short now on bitmex
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: