Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:05:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I use „bitcoin“ in my domain?  (Read 2304 times)
matus559 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 10:04:52 AM

Hello there, I want create blog about bitcoins in my country. Can I use in name of my domain www.bitcoin(something).xx ? or for ex. www.(something)bitcoin.xx Huh I ask because of copyright. Thank you Smiley  Smiley
Umenk

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 10:12:39 AM

Hello there, I want create blog about bitcoins in my country. Can I use in name of my domain www.bitcoin(something).xx ? or for ex. www.(something)bitcoin.xx Huh I ask because of copyright. Thank you Smiley  Smiley

While you
can try it ... !!!
BTCwoker

Activity: 43

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 12:15:36 PM

Someone has finally said that. Been wondering the same thing for years. Looking forward to the upcoming responses on this thread.
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 03:20:09 PM

I have already seen similar sites sporting the word Bitcoin and adding something to make it unique and acceptable. I am referring to sites like bitcoinmagazine.com, buybitcoin.com.ph, bitcoin.co.id, and others. I am not expert on domain but I think that compared to other domain name, Bitcoin is not a very commercialized one and so they allow people to add Bitcoin to any domain. In this sense, the word bitcoin is almost becoming like a generic name which anybody can use in addition to other letters or words for registration purposes.

However, I am advising you to make more research and maybe talk to someone who is already a domain expert so you won't experience any possible legal entanglement later, especially if your site will already be on the top of the Google search. Good luck on your endeavor.
hansolox1

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 06:02:16 PM

As far as I know the word "bitcoin" itself isn't trademarked in any way meaning that you are free to use it.
This also seems to be supported by the bitcoin foundation (See: http://bitcoinfoundation.org/the-bitcoin-foundations-view-and-policy-on-trademarking-bitcoin/)
justdimin

Activity: 3038
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 06:53:11 PM

Bitcoin does not belong to anyone nor does the word belong to anyone.

There are hundreds of websites with the word bitcoin and there have been no issues at all. However you need to be careful at the same time that the other part which you are using alongside bitcoin is not trademarked either.

Here is a classic case of a bitcoin domain UDRP: http://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/search/text.jsp?case=D2016-0827

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
shohelalam

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 05:49:15 PM

Yes.. You can buy this type domain. you can not face any problem and you don't face copyright issue. Just not you so many people buy this type domain and do business. They are did not face any problem.

Its just a domain or nothing. You can do this.

Thank you
iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 03:39:21 AM

Offcourse, you can use bitcoin in your domain name. There is no copyright issue in that. Feel free to use it until the domain name is available.
Luis34

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 08:29:32 PM

I think yes for example these sites use:
bitcointalk.org
bitcoinnews.com.br
bitcoinbrasil.com.br
mercadobitcoin.com.br
guiadobitcoin.com.br
etc...
Blocken

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Crypto Lobbyist

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2017, 10:36:31 PM

There is nothing but laughter to stop you from being http://therealbitcoin.bitcoin well and money for servers and stuff like that...

Crypto Advocate. Talking to peeps. *Not Lawyer
Block¤Nebula
Support my lobbying: 15CUf3MzfCCyHX638c1x47fg43A
Nameless27

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 01:17:36 AM

I will bump this thread because I'm also interested to this kind of topics. I will eventually be studying how to do it on my own as I really want to have my own site. I will be watching this tread hoping to have get more inputs and advices from the experts. Thanks.
costina

Activity: 120

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 12:49:15 PM

In my opinion...Yes! You can buy this type domain. I've seen lots of people using this type domain and they did not encounter any problems or infringement of copyright and make sure that no one to sue them.
Here are some examples: bitcointalk, bitcoinnews, bitcoin.com, bitcoin.org, bitcoin.co.id...
Just do it! Wish you success!
MetaSk

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 12:51:29 PM

I don't think any copyrights are placed for that name.
To be on a safe side go with bit***,bitsomething etc...it is understandable that it is crypto related
dylanc

Activity: 243
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 02:49:26 AM

Shouldn't be a problem as there seems to be no trademark or copyright limitations involved. You may want to check with other domainers in domain forums like namepros.com
JackMorris

Activity: 38

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 04:18:29 PM

I think you can use it. It has no copyright! You know! Many people use it and they will not have any problems copyright.

wearepoor

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 10:17:51 AM

Yes Definitely, there has been no ownership for the word bitcoin. As per my knowledge, anyone one can use it wherever they want. All the best for you blog Smiley
Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 02:07:48 PM

Offcourse, you can use bitcoin in your domain name. There is no copyright issue in that. Feel free to use it until the domain name is available.

I looked at dozens of domain names yesterday containing bitcoin and altcoin names, they are all taken, I do not think it is copyright, can not sue hundreds of domains if they already own the copyright.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Brama Jasa

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:48:25 AM

I think you can use it, you can find out when you buy the domain in a domain provider website will be in the know whether you can use the domain or not .. there is no slaah if you mencabanya, karna also have many who use the domain with the addition the name in front of or behind the domain name
Bitware

Activity: 926
Merit: 1001

weaving spiders come not here

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 05:10:33 AM

Yes.
mattsaronx

Activity: 259

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 05:54:31 AM

I'm confused about it too. Another think that i want to know how if i buy new domain called "bitcoin" with different extension. for example bitcoin.trade bitcoin.bid etc.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: