Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:04:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Charlie Lee just lazy?  (Read 3013 times)
shyliar

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 12:11:43 AM

Yes the ICO and premine coins are definitely helpful in providing the developers with millions in FIAT allowing them to dedicate more time. As long as you're comfortable sucking money out of pockets of noobs it's a great system.

Interesting though that a coin that has a completely fair release still does well. Guess some folks support that sort of thing.
dennyd999

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 01:45:10 AM

There is no real development in Litecoin

Just compare

Vitalic about switching to Metropolis

https://blog.ethereum.org/2017/02/14/ethereum-rnd-roundup-valentines-day-edition/

Charlie Lee Litecoin roadmap

https://litecoincore.org/

It is obviously Charlie is not so intrested in his work as Vitalic. Or maybe he is bussy with Coinbase as a technical director.
Sumo (OP)

Activity: 1098
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 01:01:57 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2017, 02:26:19 AM by Sumo

http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/07/22/bitcoin-users-can-access-lightning-network-via-new-android-wallet-released-acinq/

So LTC supposed to be testnet for BTC right? But it looks like BTC testnet will have LN before LTC? Why isn't LN being tested on LTC?  If LTC not a testnet for btc anymore, then what does it do? This could be a good thing. I trust that Charlie is a smart guy and knows what he is doing. Wish he would spill the beans. LN is almost ready which should mean LTC will have it very soon. I am hopeful that after Aug 1st we will hear some news.
Farstdury

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 12:15:32 PM

http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/07/22/bitcoin-users-can-access-lightning-network-via-new-android-wallet-released-acinq/

So LTC supposed to be testnet for BTC right? But it looks like BTC testnet will have LN before LTC? Why isn't LN being tested on LTC?  If LTC not a testnet for btc anymore, then what does it do? This could be a good thing. I trust that Charlie is a smart guy and knows what he is doing. Wish he would spill the beans. LN is almost ready which should mean LTC will have it very soon. I am hopeful that after Aug 1st we will hear some news.

I am wondering why nobody is using the LN in LTC.
Thetaj

Activity: 402
Merit: 116

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:46:04 PM

I agree in that I think LTC development should move quicker.

However, spreading FUD can only get you so far. When I first read about this whole "Litecoin is gonna fail, no one wants segwit" Litecoin was around 4-5$.

I asked my friend about Litecoin and read up on it. The technology is sound, it is fast and very easy and CHEAP to use. My friend said that it will never amount to anything and that Bitcoin was the only reasonable investment in Crypto.

So (no joke), we had a little wager, I would put the same amout of money as him into Litecoin (without buying Bitcoin at all) and by the end of this year, we'd compare how much we make. Winner gets 50% of the loser's profits. So far, I think I'm gonna buy myself a nice Holiday trip to Japan and then maybe go to the Maldives after.

What do you guys think?
2girls

Activity: 1002
Merit: 254

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 02:32:57 PM

No he's been made lazy buy this for him. The fact is you guys never demand anything of anyone looking V torrent. So what you're doing is you're basically creating your own monster when you allow these developers on this website then requested required nothing from them ever.

2girls

Activity: 1002
Merit: 254

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 02:51:48 PM

If you want something you're going to have to demand it from these people you're going to have to ask for your money or going to have to demand your money in your going to have to threaten it abuse these people to get it that's the only way that ain't things going to happen.

Glory90

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 03:53:25 PM

To be honest I really love LTC
But after the development of LTC some time this makes me disappointed, it may be true that charlie is lazy,
I felt the lack of innovation to differentiate between LTC and Bitcoin.  Cry

▰▰▰   Ex-Bounty Hunter   ▰▰▰
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: