Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 02:49:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Project "Last will" smart-contract.  (Read 2284 times)
Larscolars (OP)

Activity: 363
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 02:35:32 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2017, 09:53:13 PM by Larscolars

Update 2nd August 2017: Idea is now being developed - https://lastwill.io/en

Dear Members, we need your feedback!

We have started project called Last will or CryptoWill. It will answer to questions: What happens with my bitcoins if I die or reallocate to Tibet forever?

Briefly: User chooses wallets for transfer coins and define conditions/events when make transfer. Thanks to smart-contracts it can be done now.
We suggest the following schemes:

• the user does not confirm his presence in the system for more than a year - transfer coins;
  • user wallet has no activity for more than 2 years - we send coins.

Or more complex - the user is not active more than a year, then we request confirmation from choosen. And only if they confirm that transaction is done.
It is important that the attorneys do not know choosen wallets for transfer, only the user knows.
How attorney can confirm? Since smart-contracts has limitations we suggest confrimation by transfer specific amount to any account. For example, if attorney tranfers exactly 0.00873426 to any wallet we understand that he confirms user's last will.
Is it good idea? What do you think?

telegram channel https://t.me/LastWill

◢ ███                                                                 IRON◢BLOCK◤                                                          ███ ◣
███ ◤                                Decentralized platform for the global market special machinery                             ◥ ███
◤◢ WHITEPAPER ◤◢ MEDIUM ◤◢ ANN THREAD ◤◢ Presale DEC12 ◤◢ TELEGRAM ◤◢ FACEBOOK ◤◢ TWITTER
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SaturdayNight

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 02:42:52 PM

Who will run smart contract? Do you plan to develop some code? Anyway, quite good idea, but I don't have plan to die  Wink
Larscolars (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 03:30:35 PM

Who will run smart contract? Do you plan to develop some code? Anyway, quite good idea, but I don't have plan to die  Wink

Contracts will be run by providers using third-party requests. Code in development)

◢ ███                                                                 IRON◢BLOCK◤                                                          ███ ◣
███ ◤                                Decentralized platform for the global market special machinery                             ◥ ███
◤◢ WHITEPAPER ◤◢ MEDIUM ◤◢ ANN THREAD ◤◢ Presale DEC12 ◤◢ TELEGRAM ◤◢ FACEBOOK ◤◢ TWITTER
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 5914

Meh.

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 03:32:37 PM

This is an absolutely great idea if it can be perfectly programmed. I know I've had a couple of sleepless nights thinking about what would happen to my coin should I pass one day or even worse, suffer from amnesia.

Execution will be key and I'll watch this topic so that I can stay up to date. What kind of experience do you guys have?

Larscolars (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 04:43:12 PM

This is an absolutely great idea if it can be perfectly programmed. I know I've had a couple of sleepless nights thinking about what would happen to my coin should I pass one day or even worse, suffer from amnesia.

Execution will be key and I'll watch this topic so that I can stay up to date. What kind of experience do you guys have?

Hi! Thanks for feedback.

Solution will consist of 2 parts: application for the user (where he can define rules, choose attorneys, define wallets for transfer etc.) and smart contracts & providers part.

We have great experience in applications, but only 2 months experience in smart contracts development.

Project will be open source, so everyone can review the code and find vulnerabilities if any.

BuySomeBitcoins

Activity: 434
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 06:22:37 PM

Your idea does not suck at all.

LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16577

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 06:28:13 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2017, 11:51:15 AM by LoyceV

How about you give someone a transaction signed from your cold storage, valid only from a certain block number (5 year in the future). If something happens to you, that person can broadcast the transaction and take your coins 5 years later.
You can provide the address (and private key) it transfers to with the signed message.
If nothing happens to you, you move your coins to another address every 4 years.

Walked_by

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 08:42:35 PM

I see some point in creating smart contracts for that purpose. I am too young to die, but I actually love that kind of backup for my family.
Larscolars (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 05:22:24 PM

How about you give someone a transaction signed from your cold storage, valid only from a certain block number (5 year in the future). If something happens to you, that person can broadcast take your coins 5 years later.
You can provide the address (and private key) it transfers to with the signed message.
If nothing happens to you, you move your coins to another address every 4 years.

Yes, thanks for the idea, it can be used as additional protection.
We want to create a service that would give the opportunity to program the contract for each user individually to ensure the safety and transfer of coins to the heirs.

Larscolars (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 07:23:03 AM

I see some point in creating smart contracts for that purpose. I am too young to die, but I actually love that kind of backup for my family.

Bad things happen to the young as well as to the old ones.
We believe that this service will be useful for everyone who has bitcoins/litecoints etc. Apart from coins, it would be possible to transfer information (for example, passwords/documents) secured by crypto.

Larscolars (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 08:11:35 PM

The latest news about the project "LastWill".
Join our telegram channel https://t.me/LastWill  Smiley

Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 5914

Meh.

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 01:44:31 PM

The latest news about the project "LastWill".
Join our telegram channel https://t.me/LastWill  Smiley

I'll probably join as I do like this project and the fundamentals. What's the progress so far regarding this project? Are you close to releasing anything soon or will this happen end of this year or the next year?

Are you looking for any people to join this project on the development side or the public side? I'd love to get involved somehow more than just becoming a shill and investor. Others may be interested in knowing this as well.

Larscolars (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 11:25:01 AM

Thanks for the offer! Of course, we are interested in attracting an active audience of investors, and we will be happy if you help us.
ICO is scheduled for September 2017.  Smiley

Larscolars (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 02:23:22 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2017, 04:18:03 PM by Larscolars

Dear Members,

We have contacted everyone in direct message for a quick update on our project. Thank you for your activity and support.

We are currently developing the project, improving our website and the whitepaper, which you can check on our website https://lastwill.io/.

We will create an official ANN Thread and Bounty Thread. We have also created a video, explaining the main features of our project, you can watch it on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI3q_YuZhtM

Please, feel free to tell us your opinion, all compliments and criticisms are appreciated.
We are very happy to see you in the ranks of our supporters, thank you for being with us!

Sincerely Yours,
Last will team

PewPewGoesTheDuck

Activity: 200
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 02:32:30 PM

Seems like a novel and useful idea. Is the contract handled entirely on the ETH blockchain or does it require some interaction with your service?
cengsuwuei

Activity: 714
Merit: 516

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 02:45:05 PM

is good is name cryptowill, is use last will is not good
not explain youre project dev ?
how much total suply coin

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14..

..Buy Now..

Larscolars (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 09:49:35 PM

is good is name cryptowill, is use last will is not good
not explain youre project dev ?
how much total suply coin

Hi! We have updated the ANN thread, you can check it out here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2059189

Total supply - 100 000 000 WIL tokens

Regards,
Vladimir

rodmanqs

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:25:36 PM

NEO announcement on Twitter. https://twitter.com/MalcolmLerider/status/931521977839505408  Something big coming in 3 days.
Praetorian.1legion

Activity: 476
Merit: 121

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:31:03 PM

And why do you need as intermediaries? It turns out that a user who has not been contacted for more than a year (how do you intend to install it) actually passes your wallets into control? And what prevents you from appropriating them?

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: