Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:10:50 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the best features of a given Cryptocurrency?  (Read 251 times)
codifiers (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 03:47:48 AM

I'd like to start a poll, but I don't want to be exclusive of certain features.  If we can collect enough though, I'll redo this as a poll.

So, what are the necessary/mandatory features that any new coin being created should contain?  For example, if a new coin was being created tomorrow, what features should it contain?

to get us started:
very fast transaction verification
true anonymity - maybe questionable, but it's on my list
very liquid
less volatility than we see today
online, offline wallet

Mining:
no asic
GPU better than CPU, but CPU not worthless

jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 06:34:56 AM

Technical aspects of any given coin pale in comparison to the community, hype, and team surrounding a coin. A community, ultimately, is what will make or break just about any project out there.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 06:49:07 AM

the first and probably the only feature that a new cryptocurrency must have is to be a crypto-currency.
and this feature has been forgotten for some time now! the developers are only looking for adding features that attract most people in short term to make the most profit. but they forget that if they succeed in making a real currency then they will have the long term. like bitcoin does.

and in order to be a currency, fast confirmation is a good thing but we should not forget the cost of that. most of the altcoins so far have the problem with scaling and centralization of nodes and turning into a couple of master nodes! this is not a decentralized cryptocurrency! so nobody will use it in the long run.

the other thing is ease of use. the wallet, the integration into services like merchants adopting it must be as easy as possible.

anonymity is good too but it is not really an absolute requirement in my opinion. the average Joe is not looking for a high level of anonymity. they usually don't even care about it! the normal level of anonymity that a normal cryptocurrency offers is more than enough.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: