Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 12:30:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Canadians: How are you turning your bitcoins into cash?  (Read 287 times)
kg2002 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 04:20:31 AM

I have been generating bitcoins online for a while and I just begun using a currency exchange and directly depositing it into my bank account. However I've been reading horror stories about banks freezing / shutting down accounts they suspect are transferring bitcoin. Apparently the major banks (CIBC, BMO, SCOTIABANK, and TD) are all hostile. I'm with Scotiabank at the moment and I don't see why this is a problem. Before this, i used Paypal which is also a red flag. I just don't know what to do. Cash by mail is an option but always risky. How are you guys navigating this hurdle?
Here4Trades

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 04:34:10 AM

You can always also trade with trusted people from the forum who are Canadians as far as I know they use Interact transfer.
mattermaster

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 05:29:57 AM

Banks do not want bitcoin should defeat them and lead to discontinue. Therefore, they are shutting accounts they suspect exchanging bitcoins.
Look for any trusted trader on localbitcoins to buy/exchange your funds with btc.
This process keeps your trades fully ulterior.

billytallent

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 05:45:51 AM

scotiabank is the worst they simply either do not understand bitcoin or rather refuse to acknowledge i had issues selling btc for etransfers my account was froze and it seemed like everyone i talked to at the bank was either playing dumb or just plain ignorant it took over a month to get it straightened out

too bad for them i removed everything i held mortgage , securities from scotia and moved to royalbank i did tell royal what i intended to do sell transfer bitcoins and they had no issue with it
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: