Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:51:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you do with tokens after launch?  (Read 637 times)
NewbCoins (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 06:59:53 AM

Hi I'm new to altcoins. Can people explain why you are interested in purchasing ICO tokens? How will the price discovery work?

I saw some projects where token holders are married to the project. Some are not liquid and some are traded on exchange and the price goes way up. Can you cash out or its project dependent?

I think a lockup is normal for this kind of VC/ICO investment but otherwise I'm confused where people find ROI on their ICO principle if you can't cash out the tokens when you want.

Thanks.
Bakemat

Activity: 779
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 07:29:16 AM

Hi I'm new to altcoins. Can people explain why you are interested in purchasing ICO tokens? How will the price discovery work?

I saw some projects where token holders are married to the project. Some are not liquid and some are traded on exchange and the price goes way up. Can you cash out or its project dependent?

I think a lockup is normal for this kind of VC/ICO investment but otherwise I'm confused where people find ROI on their ICO principle if you can't cash out the tokens when you want.

Thanks.

I use them at trading sites. Because thats how cryptocurrency works. And Coins from ICO have different amount as well as the value of it. So I suggest you if you want to earn money, invest on one of the highest price in ICO's.
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 07:36:06 AM

The issue with a lot of ICOs is that a lot of people invest into random ICOs because past ones have been successful therefore so should this one. And thus useless shitcoins are overvalued in the tens of million dollars without any tangible product or usecase. With that being said, people who buy into for speculatory measures typically hold off onto these coins until they are listed on an exchange so they can sell them and make a profit.
Crypto_trader87

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 08:06:13 AM

Thanks.

It still depends on you but for me i prefer to hold it atleast a few months or a year of you bilieve in the project and team and also yhe coins that you buy you have to hold it in a long term period of time thats why before i invest in some tokens or coins i study first and if i see the background is good and perfecg for then i am willing to invest in that project be carefull a lot of scammer waiting outside choose wisely good luck.

hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 09:40:30 AM

Thanks.
In my case I dump straight ahead after ICO when tokens got released unless I believe that the particular ICO I have invested to has a lot of potential more to grow and still has a good roadmap in it. To answer the highlighted question quoted above, the only lockup of tokens is when distribution takes too long and if it is finished, buyers of those tokens can sell it anytime so it is really up to you.
mrx365

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 10:17:58 AM

There's usually at least one exchange trading the coins, especially the new ICO's.
bucciarati

Activity: 700
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2017, 10:18:59 AM

i simply put them on rest on my precious wallet, then wait for dividens (rialto.ai
investor) and if price goes up x1000 then sell and go out drinking

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App

dranster

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 10:21:07 AM

sell them on exchanges on launch day for a 50-90% loss or get scammed by devs and the token become worthless
ChronoLite

Activity: 840
Merit: 250

www.guestcrew.com

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 10:54:43 AM

In ICO you can buy altcoin for cheap price (discount) and when these project hits exchange they will be goes up (if the project not scam and successfully executed with good development) however you must be aware with scam project.
When first time project hits exchanges, bounty dumper and early investors (ICO investors) will be dumped their coins to get instant money, and when this event you should hold your coins to wait.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         
                ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓     
            ▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓   
        ▓██▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓ 
      ▓█▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓ 
    ▓█▓▓█▓              ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓
  ░█▓▓▓░      ░░░░░▓▓▓▓█▓░░░▓▓▓▓█░
  █▓▓▓▓      ██████▓▓█▓     ░▓ ░█▓▓▓▓
░█▓▓▓▓    ░███░    ▓█▓     ▓█░ ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓█▓▓▓█░    ░░▓░    ▓▓     ██▓ ▓█▓▓▓▓▓
░█▓▓▓▓▓▓░      ░  ░▓    ▓█▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓  ░█▓▓█▓ ░▓▓▓█░
    ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█░  ░▓▓░ ░▓▓▓█▓
      ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓░░░░▓█▓▓█▓ 
        ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓▓██▓ 
           ▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓   
             ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░       
                  ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
GuestCrew||||||ICO Now!
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 11:07:37 AM

people are always drawn to the money or at least in this case to the promise of money and these ICOs are always having a very short life when they start up big with a lot of funds and a lot of advertisement and they attract a lot of investors and as soon as trading starts everyone dumps them to get their money out.

this has turned ICOs into a big gamble. you gamble and buy one and then if you act fast you may get a big reward.
and remember that this method won't last forever. the losses will become bigger and more common and by that time people will stop investing in this crap.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
nasipadang

Activity: 1274
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 11:08:02 AM

Thanks.
Calculate the current price of ico with the total coin you get from your investment try to calculate whether it could be ROI even profitable, manage it if price does not match ico and down and sometimes we can't get profit from ico investment

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  Super Six 
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
6 BTC PRIZE POOL
TAKE PART
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
supercops

Activity: 589
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 11:14:18 AM

People who have responded already failed to mention the main reason why ICO tokens are so popular here:
The bounties which are given right before the sale of the tokens. Wink

Bounty hunters are the main reason these ICO are successful in the first place.

If not for them then their products would have never been known to the majority of the investors they rake in from the social media promotions and also the bitcoin talk signature campaigns they tend to run along side of the pre sales of their tokens.

▄███▄
       ▄████████
    ▄██████▀▀▀███
 ▄██████▀      ▀▀███▄
▀▀███████▄▄       ▀██▀
    ▀████████▄▄
       ▀█████████▄
          ▀▀████████▄
  ▄██▄▄       ▀▀███████▄▄
 ▀███▄▄      ▄██████▀
    ███▄▄▄██████▀
       ████████▀
          ▀███▀
.Sobit.[
▄▄████████▄▄
▄███▀▀      ▀▀███▄
▄██▀              ▀██▄
▄██              ▄▄▄ ██▄
▄██         ▄▄▄██████  ██▄
██    ▄▄▄███████▀████   ██
██ ▀█████████▀ ▄████    ██
██    ▀████▀ ▄██████    ██
██       ▀ ▄███████     ██
▀██        ██▀█████    ██▀
▀██       █   ▀██    ██▀
▀██▄              ▄██▀
▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀
▀▀████████▀▀
CN - EN
⬢  Twitter
⬢  Facebook
⬢  Reddit
]
ccsang

Activity: 910
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 02:56:25 PM

I just hold my tokens and wait for price increase , but most of people will sent to exchange dump dump dump , so price drop a lot when tokens launch
johnwest

Activity: 1106
Merit: 503

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 03:17:22 PM

I just hold my tokens and wait for price increase , but most of people will sent to exchange dump dump dump , so price drop a lot when tokens launch

It became a trend nowadays to dump everything on the first day, sometimes I think its the rivals who does this, otherwise why will anyone lose their own investment. There are only 1% of ICO projects get into a valuable position and its very hard to recognize them in the early stage.

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█
.BabelFish.█▀▀▀▀▀▀
█      ▀
 █        █      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  █       ▀▄   ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀             ▀▀▀▄▄
  ▀▄       █  █   ▄▄▀▀      ▄▀         ▄▄▄▄ ▀▄     ▄
   █        ▀▀█▀▀        ▄ ▀         █ ▄▄ █  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀
   ▀▄▄          ▄        ▄▀    ▄  █   ▀▄▄▄▄▀ █▄ ▀ ▄█ █
   █          ▄▀ ▀▀▀▄▄   █     █  █               ██ █
   █       ▄▀▀█ ▄     ▀▀▀██   █   █            ▄▀▄ ▀ █
  ▄█      █    █ ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄█▄  ▀▄▄       ▄▀   ▀
  █     ▄▀      ▀▄  ▀▀▀▄         ▀▄▄▄ ▀▄▄▄▄█▀
 ▄▀    █          ▀▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
█▄▄▄█▀▀
.FISH token sale at Sovryn.████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
MostHigh

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 03:40:32 PM

The tokens are your investment value and you can choose to keep or sell but alternatively if it is not an altcoin you eventually will sell it soon but make sure to sell it when demand is high. That way you will get a good selling price
coin_coin

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 04:14:20 PM

I often sell it when big exchanges list it . Just for a quick return, after all , it's crypto world, nobody knows what will happen next.
Keep your invest in hand, that's the safest way .

CINDICATOR.COM12 September 2017 Token Sale
WP
RandomEvent

Activity: 146

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 06:08:16 PM

those quick returns are harder to come by. I can think of several ICO's that have given out tokens, but have struggled to list them on exchanges. The long term hold is the smartest if you really believe in the product.
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2017, 07:10:28 PM

Lots of questions which is good thing. Well we can cash out the tokens as per the regulations of that entity providing the tokens. But with my experience every ICO will let you cash out the token. This you can do from the exchangers or sometimes the entity itself will have the way to do it, for example withdraw funds directly. Some of them will provide their own wallets where you can convert or swipe your tokens with other currencies. It's better to sell your tokens after the ICO because it is peak period where prices are very high.
TheLuckyBastard

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2017, 07:51:04 PM

I usually prefer to print my tokens and hang all over my home  Grin
But some greedy ppl prefer to sell right after the ICO or hold them if the token grows.
If the project posts some good news it grows just like shares do, but even magnified.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: