Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:14:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Report: Indian Government Considers Tax on Bitcoin Purchases  (Read 545 times)
WINBC (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 09:40:30 AM

http://www.coindesk.com/report-indian-government-considers-tax-bitcoin-purchases/

Local reports indicate that India may put in place a goods-and-services tax on bitcoin purchases.

Indian officials have been meeting for months to develop a legal framework for digital currencies, forming a special task force in April to study the issue and develop possible options. The question of legality for the tech under Indian law has been subject to speculation in the past, especially following public statements that, at one point, were interpreted as a blanket ban on bitcoin.

Regional news service The Hindu reports that new details on that process are emerging, including the possibility of taxes. Notably, according to one official's account, the topic of banning cryptocurrencies was indeed broached during a recent meeting – but in the end, the proposal received little support.

The official told the publication:

"Banning will give a clear message that all related activities are illegal and will disincentivize those interested in taking speculative risks, but it was pointed out it will impede tax collection on gains made in such activities and that regulating the currency instead would signal a boost to blockchain technology, encourage the development of a supervision ecosystem (that tracks legal activities and may also assist in tracking illegal activities) and promote a formal tax base."

Trading activity may also come under the jurisdiction of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), which regulates the country's securities market.

more : http://www.coindesk.com/report-indian-government-considers-tax-bitcoin-purchases/
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2017, 11:24:32 AM

If bitcoins are taxed, it means they are legal and that's really a great news to hear. Hope they don't make it more than the GST percentage.

jaideep1000

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 05:00:01 PM

Yeah. I'm alright as long as the taxes aren't ridiculously high.

Blackshadow007

Activity: 787
Merit: 276

Currency Xchanger™

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2017, 03:26:01 PM

If bitcoins are taxed, it means they are legal and that's really a great news to hear. Hope they don't make it more than the GST percentage.

Indeed it is good news .. but i hope too that it don't fall under 28% tax slab .. :/

Pezso

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 11:05:33 AM

There are no taxes today on bitcoin funding in India? Not even about trading gains?
niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 12:32:55 PM

I have seen my recent withdrawal using unocoin [fee 1.00%  + GST 18.00% on Fee deducted] I dont even know after going transfering to bank account  do in need to pay tax for that by declaring TDS any information please help me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: