Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:52:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TeamViewer - Anyone with recent issues?  (Read 1188 times)
cashen (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 02:02:49 PM

Within the last couple days teamviewer has been giving me issues. I'm not sure if its my network or teamviewer.

Anyone else having issues?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
trobnor

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 02:20:29 PM

If you mean lowering the hash rate of one of your gpu's then yes.
That is the only thing i get whit it
cashen (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 02:22:11 PM

If you mean lowering the hash rate of one of your gpu's then yes.
That is the only thing i get whit it

no, connection issues. I've never noticed speed issues.

What program do you use?
cashen (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 02:25:10 PM

I'm also having an issue where Powershell will not display.

felixbrucker

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2017, 02:26:56 PM

i believe your computer has an issue, its called windows 10

besides that i have not experienced any problems with teamviewer and my windows machines
iamnewhere

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 04:22:41 PM

I'm working more or less daily 8-10h through teamviewer sessions and didn't experience any issues.

On mining rigs you can have performance issues as it needs some cpu / gpu power and if you have everything fully loaded on your rig you can experience performance issues within teamviewer - if you enable the onboard GPU as primary gpu (that none of the mining cards is actually used for graphics output) you should have less issues.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 04:31:53 PM

besides that i have not experienced any problems with teamviewer and my windows machines

Agreed, there's no reason to use 10 for mining.

Also, for mining rigs with no valuable data on them it's much better to have a static system which doesn't keep changing in the background, meaning auto updates and scheduled tasks being completely disabled. No surprises that way. A lot of long term stability issues are coming from windows always doing stuff in the background. Eliminate that and you get more stability.

Also, if you don't intend to connect to teamviewer outside of your local network, it's advised to set it that it only accepts local connections. You can also disable autoupdating so your teamviewer isn't going online at all. No surprises and no risks that way.

Otherwise, auto updating is of course recommended.

Not your keys, not your coins!
Estomid

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 05:29:41 PM

Also, for mining rigs with no valuable data on them it's much better to have a static system which doesn't keep changing in the background, meaning auto updates and scheduled tasks being completely disabled. No surprises that way. A lot of long term stability issues are coming from windows always doing stuff in the background. Eliminate that and you get more stability.

Also, if you don't intend to connect to teamviewer outside of your local network, it's advised to set it that it only accepts local connections. You can also disable autoupdating so your teamviewer isn't going online at all. No surprises and no risks that way.

That is right. I only use Windows 8.1. It is very stable.
Gus_Chiggins

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 06:00:04 PM

Have you purchase a vga dummy chord for your hdmi slot? It allows you to run TeamViewer at a muhc better resolution without as much disruption.
Lipe490

Activity: 602
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 06:34:54 PM

I had some issue a day ago with losing 1-2 mhs when I conected with my rig.
cashen (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 06:52:24 PM

Have you purchase a vga dummy chord for your hdmi slot? It allows you to run TeamViewer at a muhc better resolution without as much disruption.

I have dummy plugs on all my rigs.

It actually appeared more like a teamviewer network issue.

Side note, my hash rates have dropped slightly and I have seen bigger swings.
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 09:01:24 PM

That is right. I only use Windows 8.1. It is very stable.
That is right. I only use MS-DOS. It is very stable.
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2017, 03:11:38 AM

Using win 10 for all of the mining rigs i have , never had any kind of issue with teamviewer.

If you are using some kind of patch , hack , crack , cheat with claymore miners ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1792180.0 ), you might experiencing some connectivity issue to your rigs when u using RDP , Radmin , TeamViewer !

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
KaydenC

Activity: 610
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2017, 03:16:49 AM

Within the last couple days teamviewer has been giving me issues. I'm not sure if its my network or teamviewer.

Anyone else having issues?

Can you describe the issues in more detail? Some issues are well known.

For example, it's nearly impossible to use teamviewer if dual mining with Nvidia cards in my experience. It's too intensive and the gpus can't handle dual mining + teamviewer.

The first GPU, GPU0 will also have lower hash rate when connecting with teamviewer.

Additionally, the resolution will be very low (640x480) for AMD rigs (Nvidia rig doesnt have this issue) when using teamviewer. However a cheap $5 vga to HDMI dummy plug will solve this issue. I use this http://cryptomininghw.com/product/hdmi-to-vga-adapter-dummy-plug/

I use windows 10 as well. My Nvidia rigs are set to restart every 2hrs, while AMD rigs are mining in claymore with over 400hrs uptime. All windows update disabled. Only stops when I need to update claymore miner version.

This is my heavily undervolted 570 rig, undervolted to 850mv. It's a remote farm, stability is utmost importance hence they are not pushed to the max.

PrasantaShee

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 08:44:29 AM

I was a huge fan of Teamviewer until I started experiencing issues. Hence, switched over to a better alternative: R-HUB remote support servers. It works without any hassles and plus works from behind my company’s firewall, hence better security. Plus provides a simple and easy to use interface.
vuli

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

Andrius | Junior Business developer at Unboxed ICO

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 10:01:00 AM

I am dissapointed over Twamviewer as well. Have such a big lag when connected to other pc in my lan. But if I use RDP in windows works without any issue.

Unboxed - rowing community of people getting paid to do what they love to get a share of the $36 billion brands are spending annually on Facebook Ads
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 10:42:12 AM

No Issues with me, I am using windows 7, so far this is my main tool to troubleshoot my rigs remotely, been using it more than a year and upto now, hashrates doesn't affect that much even with a long time connection while doing monitoring.
coinzoid

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 10:49:43 AM

There had been reports about powershell scheduled tasks fail to render console session host. Your issue could be similar to that one. I'd check with Microsoft and developers of Teamviewer to verify your problem and seek a solution.
mithrim

Merit: 436

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 12:13:22 PM

Did anyone try AnyDesk or is there a better alternative than TeamViewer that is just as comfortable?
CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 01:30:09 PM

AnyDesk is actually a very nice piece of software,
it works great and much more simplified then Teamviewer
and there is not any of that popup of accept this or that or private only bullshit to deal with
the only issue is they dont have it for the RPI
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: