Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:57:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So...mempool heading back into insane sizes?  (Read 287 times)
Krimster (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 03:31:10 PM

Title says it all, but in an attempt to somewhat fill this post with content:

Just tried to move some BTC, and went on with the ~0.7mBTC recommended fee without giving it too much thought. 40 minutes later, 0 confirmations and I am surprised as I expected everything to go smooth. I checked the mempool size and we are at 30 MB.

OK, that may not sound like a lot considering we have seen 100+, but first of all, it seems to be on the rise, and none really knows when it will stop, and second, having 30 MB is, unless I am missing something, the equivalent of 5 hours of transactions, which sounds quite crazy if you ask me.

Now, anyone  wants to shed light on what is going on? Are the miners going to spam the chain again? Why would they do this now? For that matter why did they stop? Did I miss some news?
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 03:37:27 PM

They spamned it to push their pet solutions. Pehaps they're having one final spam to remind us.

It's also worth noting that the price is falling so perhaps more people are using the network to move to exchanges.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 03:50:39 PM

They spamned it to push their pet solutions. Pehaps they're having one final spam to remind us.

It's also worth noting that the price is falling so perhaps more people are using the network to move to exchanges.

Look at the mempool graph. The growth is unnatural. The times the spam happens is also directly correlated to certain agendas trying to be pushed. It's really ridiculous that they are wasting all that money, only to find out their fork is going to destroyed if they actually attempt to fork. They are literally throwing money down the toilet.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 03:54:16 PM

Look at the mempool graph. The growth is unnatural. The times the spam happens is also directly correlated to certain agendas trying to be pushed. It's really ridiculous that they are wasting all that money, only to find out their fork is going to destroyed if they actually attempt to fork. They are literally throwing money down the toilet.

If it is miners they're just collecting their own fees so to an extent it's relatively revenue neutral.
Krimster (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 04:07:07 PM

If it is miners they're just collecting their own fees so to an extent it's relatively revenue neutral.

Only if they all do it. However, if say, 80% of the mining power is coordinated, it is still only 20% loss...

Meanwhile, the mempool grew another 3 MB in a matter of 30 minutes, LOL. The net seems so easy to bring to its knees it is simply absurd.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: