Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 11:56:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are my bitcoins safe in blockchain.info?  (Read 6834 times)
Niya

Activity: 811
Merit: 512

Enhalo Mining

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2017, 03:12:04 PM

Blockchain.info don't give control of private keys, this function was removed when they released new version of website. You only can to import private keys to blockchain.info wallet.

Yes, also note that imported addresses are not backed up by the seed. You need to first transfer the funds you have in your improted addresses into blockchain address.
Shah954

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 04:58:05 PM

i think blockchain is not quite secure enough they are always usually down
izza123

Activity: 382
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 08:17:04 PM

I would just download your priv key and import into a hardware wallet. No reason to leave them in the site.
Watanabe1505

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 09:08:36 AM

Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Although you have many ways to secure your coin on a non-exchange platform but It doesn't mean you are in 100 percent of security. So you should separate amount of your coin into parts and keep it on multiple wallets from different platforms.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 05:44:13 AM

I am also storing my coins in a Blockchain.info wallet. I have the 12 word seed, and private key in WIF format (saved in a text file). Are my coins safe in case of a split happens on August 1?
Hellacopter

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 05:50:44 AM

Blockchain wallet is safe as long as you kept your password and the 12 words to recover your wallet offline. But it is more secure to get pc wallet with your parivate keys.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 02:48:19 PM

Blockchain wallet is safe as long as you kept your password and the 12 words to recover your wallet offline. But it is more secure to get pc wallet with your parivate keys.

Are you sure about this? How can we recover our coins with the 12 word backup, if the Blockchain.info website closes down? Also, how to use the private key, which is in text format?
cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 02:09:50 AM

Are my bitcoins safe in online wallet www.blockchain.info for what happens on August 1?

I have my private keys & my account is fully secured.

I really need to know this Smiley
Probably not. Your coins were never safe with blockchain.info anyways since they continuously have security and usability issues anyways. If a chain split happens, you won't be able to decide on which chain you want to transact on, blockchain.info will choose that for you.
That makes it safer for the bitcoin users because wallet companies are the ones responsible for selecting the right chain for their users.
cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 02:14:50 AM

Are you sure about this? How can we recover our coins with the 12 word backup, if the Blockchain.info website closes down? Also, how to use the private key, which is in text format?

Oh come on, don't get scared your coins in blockchain.info are going to be fine and nothing bad will ever come close to it because the blockchain.info is there for you don't get panic Grin
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2017, 04:23:49 AM

Oh come on, don't get scared your coins in blockchain.info are going to be fine and nothing bad will ever come close to it because the blockchain.info is there for you don't get panic Grin

I don't trust Blockchain.info that much. They used to be the best online wallet out there, but their reputation has gone down the drain during the recent months. If you are having significant amounts of BTC, then I'd advice you to hold them in a hardware wallet, than in Blockchain.info.
LilibethSantos

Activity: 259

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2017, 05:01:06 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2017, 06:00:40 AM by LilibethSantos

Supposedly, you can recover it using this utility  to convert the phrase into your private keys. I haven't tested it myself but I found it from this post.

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 05:44:23 AM

Relatively, you have control over the private keys but it might be a bit of a challenge utilizing them versus a full client.
A better option though if your aiming for a lightweight client.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Andrey123

Activity: 1750
Merit: 305

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 07:14:11 AM

Guys, where to transfer money from this site?
Bitcoin-0.14.2 is suitable for this?

Hello! Voluntary donations that will go towards the development of my coin.
34bwEhH3GMx6swYXt2NBfFbYGkdTcaWtXz....BTC

Jolie93

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 11:16:54 AM

On Tuesday, 1st August 2017, the endorsement of bitcoin may become unreliable for an indefinite period of time. This means that any bitcoins you receive after that time can then then disappear from your wallet or be a bitcoin type that others will not accept payment.
When the situation is resolved, the validation point will automatically return to normal confidence or there will be two competing versions of Bitcoin (or more). In the previous case, you can return to using Bitcoin normally; In the latter case, you will need to take additional steps to start getting safely bitcoins.  Embarrassed Embarrassed
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 09:29:56 PM

So does blockchain.info have access to your funds and can steal them ? I've wondered this for a long time. I think electrum is the best wallet to use. No need to download the blockchain and the private key is yours.

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4368
Merit: 3282

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 09:56:58 PM

So does blockchain.info have access to your funds and can steal them ? I've wondered this for a long time. I think electrum is the best wallet to use. No need to download the blockchain and the private key is yours.

No.

Because we don’t know or store your password (we can’t even reset it), only you are able to unlock and decrypt your wallet.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 12:14:18 AM

Are my bitcoins safe in online wallet www.blockchain.info for what happens on August 1?

Bitcoins are never 100% secure in online wallet.
Software wallet is safer, and paper wallet is most safe solution.

I know its easier and faster to use online wallet, but security is very important in bitcoin world.
BitcoinExpart

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:50:30 AM

Bitcoins are never 100% secure in online wallet.
Software wallet is safer, and paper wallet is most safe solution.

I know its easier and faster to use online wallet, but security is very important in bitcoin world.
Remain same decision about this issue. As soon Segwit came ppl are getting more afraid to their Bitcoin, how possible to secure Bitcoin. You can store them in hard wallet else exchange, there also suggestion to exchange BTC for $ or convert altcoins.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄▄
▄████▀▀            ▀▀████▄
▄███▀                    ▀███▄
███▀       █████            ▀███
███         █████              ███
███        ▄▄█████    ▄█████▀    ███
██        ▄███████  ▄█████▀       ██
███       ▄████████▄█████▀         ███
███       ▀▀▀▀██████████           ███
███      ▄▄▄▄▄███████████          ███
███     ▄███████████▀█████         ███
██    ▄███████████▀  █████        ██
███   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████    █████      ███
███         █████     █████    ███
███▄                        ▄███
▀███▄                    ▄███▀
▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
KRYLL
                ███
                ███
                ███
        ███  ███
        ███  ███
        ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
AUTOMATED CRYPTO TRADING STRATEGIES MADE SIMPLE
▁▁         Whitepaper   █   Token sale will start on Feb 7, 2018   █   Announcement         ▁▁

███
███
███  ███
███  ███
███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
Shajid Hossain Biplob

Activity: 896
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 01:06:29 PM

Yes I m...

My account is fully risk free from hacked or others.

Thanks.
Immakillya

Activity: 560
Merit: 269

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 01:44:47 PM

As long as you keep your private keys. That's alright IMO. Because they don't completely have control over your bitcoins. Just make sure you keep your private keys in a safe place. But if you are hesitating. Use offline wallets which gives you more security. Use cold wallets or paper wallets. Online wallets are not ideal wallet to store large amounts of bitcoins. Because we don't know what they think. They can just close your account or they can just turn into a scam. If were in your position. I will chose offline wallets. It's your btc anyway. It's up to you how to keep it safe.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: