Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:35:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Smile, we are in the TV  (Read 3660 times)
em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2011, 03:44:08 AM

"Online Currency Bitcoin Ge..."
This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated due to multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement from claimants including:
ABC News
ABC News
Midwest 64 Multimedia, LLC
Sorry about that.

Really guys upload to Freenet like a man.

2nd link works still
Don't you mean the 1st link still works?

+1 On someone reuploading it.

Incorrect...I believe those are two entirely separate videos.  The second one was apparently FUD by the Canadian government and must have contained some copyright violation.  Smiley  Lol!

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitboy

Activity: 55
Merit: 51

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2011, 03:52:09 AM

The second video is still available in this article:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/43470148

I did not receive any private messages or instruction from anyone before, and when I first created those graphics, not even from SN.
em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2011, 04:12:18 AM

The second video is still available in this article:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/43470148

Aha...thanks.  I would like to post quotes from that article here to critique them, but I'm afraid CNBC will sue me for copyright violation!!!    Undecided   Anyway, its laughable how they think that bitcoin could even be regulated.

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
Capitan

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 07:13:49 AM

This could be the moment that rockets the popularity of bitcoin. Most of the people watching mainstream media don't know what bitcoin is. When they hear the basic concept some of them will be like, "holy crap, thats a great idea, let me check it out." Then they start reading more up on it and might join the community.

The central idea in most countries is the banks are screwing the average joe. Billions in bailouts, billions in fees etc. Now there is this new e-currency that basically has no banks. We need to use that to our advantage.

"bitcoin: the first decentralized, bank-free money system"

One would like to think that. Unfortunately the conclusion most people jump to sounds more like this: "that sounds like a pyramid/ponzi/fraud scheme".

To think that people will be clamoring to put their money into bitcoins after hearing about malware, heists, scams, and market crashes, is just plain delusional. Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if my < 10 BTC shot up in value, but I don't think the current press in favor of bitcoin holders at the moment. And to thinkt hat people will line up to get into bitcoins to give their central bank the shaft is another mistake. Most people have no idea what the Fed does, and therefore have no idea all the "shitty" things they do. In the end they are going to trust in their government, and they associate the Fed with the government, so they are not going to go against that. At least not the mainstream population.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: