Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 09:25:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] simpleENS: The Future of Ethereum Addresses! - ICO LIVE!  (Read 3898 times)
simpleENS (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 11:21:22 PM

I also got this from FAQ "No, TLDs are restricted to only .eth (on mainnet), or .eth and .test (on Ropsten), plus any special purpose TLDs such as those required to permit reverse lookups. There are no immediate plans to invite proposals for additional TLDs. In large part this is to reduce the risk of a namespace collision with the IANA DNS namespace."

How is it possible that you claim registration of tlds beyond .eth and .test is possible on your platform when the above faq says it is not possible?

Simple explanation:

Nick Johnson created a "template" code for name registrars. This template code would allow anyone to create their own registrar.

In one of the versions of that registrar  you cannot register additional TLDs.

However, in my version you can.

This is one of the main reasons for creating my own version.

Let me know if you have other questions
simpleENS (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 12:00:13 AM

ICO is now live!

Be part of the future of Ethereum addresses!
vanrezz

Activity: 38

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 12:33:33 AM

Nice project..
I have following twitter and retweet..
Good luck simpleENS
simpleENS (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 12:40:35 AM

Nice project..
I have following twitter and retweet..
Good luck simpleENS

Thanks for your support!
cryptogaga

Activity: 506
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 01:05:29 PM

I want to search first for name before buying but i cant find where to click is the "search" feature not working?

Hello,

Did you navigate to the 'Name Information' tab and enter the name?

If so, what exactly did you type in?

It's working for us.

Ok i didnt see the "Name Iinformation" before, i just searched and it worked now, but how do i search for new tld like .ethen .kiss .fry etc?
cryptogaga

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 01:07:27 PM

I also got this from FAQ "No, TLDs are restricted to only .eth (on mainnet), or .eth and .test (on Ropsten), plus any special purpose TLDs such as those required to permit reverse lookups. There are no immediate plans to invite proposals for additional TLDs. In large part this is to reduce the risk of a namespace collision with the IANA DNS namespace."

How is it possible that you claim registration of tlds beyond .eth and .test is possible on your platform when the above faq says it is not possible?

Simple explanation:

Nick Johnson created a "template" code for name registrars. This template code would allow anyone to create their own registrar.

Ok great! But how do you address the problem of "namespace collision with the IANA DNS namespace." ?
simpleENS (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 01:21:17 PM

I want to search first for name before buying but i cant find where to click is the "search" feature not working?

Hello,

Did you navigate to the 'Name Information' tab and enter the name?

If so, what exactly did you type in?

It's working for us.

Ok i didnt see the "Name Iinformation" before, i just searched and it worked now, but how do i search for new tld like .ethen .kiss .fry etc?

Just type in "ethen", "kiss", "fry", then click search.

Then a page will appear with two sections: "Domain" and "Subdomains".

Under the Domain section, if 'For Sale' equals 'True', you can buy it.

All the TLDs you listed are available.

To see the price, open the 'Name Information' tab, enter nothing in the input box, just click 'search', then the price will appear under the 'Subdomains' section.

Would you like to communicate on Discord?

We're always online: https://discord.gg/Bda8vwH

simpleENS (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 01:22:53 PM

Simple explanation:

Ok great! But how do you address the problem of "namespace collision with the IANA DNS namespace." ?

Not a problem since the primary use of simpleENS names will be to send ETH to friends and family.
simpleENS (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 01:55:39 PM

I highly recommend watching the explainer video before interacting with simpleENS.

Regards
cryptogaga

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 02:03:51 PM

I highly recommend watching the explainer video before interacting with simpleENS.

Regards
i just did and its becoming clearer now, the two last things i would like to be clear on are 1. what is the validity of bought names and subdomains? 2. by buying a new tld e.g .kiss, do i have the sole permission to allow purchase of domains like somebody wants zuckerberg.kiss do i own any right to allowing that registration or its free for all?
simpleENS (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 02:09:56 PM

Regards
i just did and its becoming clearer now, the two last things i would like to be clear on are 1. what is the validity of bought names and subdomains? 2. by buying a new tld e.g .kiss, do i have the sole permission to allow purchase of domains like somebody wants zuckerberg.kiss do i own any right to allowing that registration or its free for all?

1.  By validity do you mean expiry? - For TLDs (e.g. ".kiss", ".ethereum" etc...) it's 1 year. For names, the owner of the TLD sets it. For example, if you purchase the ".kiss"
    TLD, you can set the expiry of  subdomains.

2. Yes. Every domain name with a ".kiss" TLD has to be bought from you. It is impossible for someone else to register that name without your permission.
     You decide if it's for sale. You decide the price and the expiry date.

Let me know if this is clear.

Best regards
cryptogaga

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 02:24:49 PM

Regards

1.  By validity do you mean expiry? - For TLDs (e.g. ".kiss", ".ethereum" etc...) it's 1 year. For names, the owner of the TLD sets it. For example, if you purchase the ".kiss"

2. Yes. Every domain name with a ".kiss" TLD has to be bought from you. It is impossible for someone else to register that name without your permission.

Best regards

Wowwww thanks yes very clear now this is really awesome, this is a billion dollar space just like getting the opportunity to go back in time before the domaining boom,   Shocked Shocked Shocked 
simpleENS (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 02:29:04 PM

Regards

Best regards

Wowwww thanks yes very clear now this is really awesome, this is a billion dollar space just like getting the opportunity to go back in time before the domaining boom,   Shocked Shocked Shocked 

Yep! Exactly.

If you need any help at all we will be on Discord all day.

Regards
Ikelisa92

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 11:51:24 PM

Joined Twitter and Facebook bounty Campaign

simpleENS (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 11:58:59 PM

Joined Twitter and Facebook bounty Campaign

Bounty is finished. Apologies
cryptogaga

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 06:28:52 PM

Hello @simpleENS what is going on? you have been mute both here and on Discord for quite sometime, im really interested in this project i hope you guys have not hit a brick wall?
bob75coin

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 04:15:21 PM

Any news? I like the project too!
cryptogaga

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 04:57:13 PM

It appears the Dev abandoned project, even on discord he has not responded for a very long time. The idea for this project looks good but the present Eth ecosystem might no be ready for it, also i think the Dev is not a very committed fellow!
bob75coin

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 04:14:33 PM

It appears the Dev abandoned project, even on discord he has not responded for a very long time. The idea for this project looks good but the present Eth ecosystem might no be ready for it, also i think the Dev is not a very committed fellow!

Yes, I think you are right Undecided
fabi90

Activity: 204
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 02:11:23 PM

Looking promising project. Will keep my eyes on this project. but sadlythe dev disappear. why?
Are there any news?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: