Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:11:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Yacoin Client scam  (Read 3249 times)
obermensch (OP)

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:40:23 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2013, 07:29:20 PM by obermensch

UPDATE
The Client have been tested, and nothing wrong with that.
Look like some bastards started the panic, hoping to get some cheap yacoins from panic sales

but please be aware that software that not coming from Yacoin.org like miners, and software people have compiled them self, can indeed have bitcoin stealer, and other nasty stuff.

Hi, i am the admin at Yacointalk.com

i posted this now http://yacointalk.com/index.php/topic,26.0.html

So, what we need to state here

is it the client that steal, or is it the windows miner? or something else.
i have just sent mail to the Yacoin creator, to state if he compiled that client himself, or someone else did it.

please don't spam this tread over.

and please! post some proof of the stealing, so we can state that, this is not a campaign to shoot the Yacoin to the ground in value.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hdclover

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

www.bitcoin.org

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:41:41 PM

i have just sent mail to the Yacoin creator, to state if he compiled that client himself, or someone else did it.

and please! post some proof of the stealing, so we can state that, this is not a campaign to shoot the Yacoin to the ground in value.

yes its scam hope everybody uninstall it for their own sake. it could steal other sensitive data.

Blah blah
hdclover

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

www.bitcoin.org

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:45:57 PM

Warning possible keylogger or sensitive data extraction please reinstall your OS if you have already lost some bitcoins

Blah blah
obermensch (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:46:39 PM

yes its scam hope everybody uninstall it for their own sake. it could steal other sensitive data.

i don't think the Yacoin funder is behind this. i think someone compiled the windows client, and added a stealer. for i don't find anything fishy in the Linux client. so don't state that to fast =)
Yurizhai

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:47:23 PM

This has a 95% chance of being bullshit, for more info : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=202078.0
Rannasha

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:47:51 PM

Right now there is zero proof of something actually being wrong. Some people are working on finding out if some of the programs are acting fishy.

Until then, it's probably better to not spam panic-posts all over, like Mr RoyalCoin supporter (hdclover) above me has been doing. It just adds to the FUD.
skytaper

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:48:59 PM

Seems to be true.. My coins just gone... I have to do something! Shocked. I just have nothing to say. I was rich, now I have nothing.
 I took my client from yacoin.org

Cry
obermensch (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:54:21 PM

Just installed Yacoin on one of my laptops, and bitcoin wallet, and transferes 0.01 btc, to see if they disapear. will post update
Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:55:32 PM

I think th eclient is safe. It probably is one of those modified miners.

Maybe this one - can somebody check it? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=200147.msg2095639#msg2095639

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

obermensch (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:58:01 PM

Maybe this one - can somebody check it? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=200147.msg2095639#msg2095639

Yes that's my theory to. for i think there is a stealer out there, since it's alot of people posting and claim there btc i stolen.

but i don't think the Yacoin funder is behind it.
shaal

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:59:56 PM

if i's the minerd tool that has the trojan it in, it could come from this here, This is where the first minerd client was made for yacoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=199517.0;all
obermensch (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:00:36 PM

Warning possible keylogger or sensitive data extraction please reinstall your OS if you have already lost some bitcoins

Can you please provide some kind of proof of the stealing =)?

maby som screenshots of the client, transaction, and compare it to blockcain  Smiley
obermensch (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:01:43 PM

if i's the minerd tool that has the trojan it in, it could come from this here, This is where the first minerd client was made for yacoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=199517.0;all

hmm would't the reporting of stealing begun earlier then?
Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:07:12 PM

The proof that one of those crying about stolen wallet indeed downloaded and run miner in question:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=200147.msg2096546#msg2096546

Damm - I am running that too. The stealer is welcome to my Bitcoin wallet as  I transferred out all of them.

Is it just Bitcoin wallet it is after? My FTCs are fine. Don't fancy installing the OS.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

obermensch (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:18:12 PM

i done some testing, and the client seems fine, just updated the post on yacointalk.com.

still going to test all the miners to see.

but for now, this seems like a campain to lover the price of yac, to earn some cash from panic sales =)
so look after people buying large amount of yac now, and you will probably find the man/woman behind this scare tactic.
cheapbit

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:27:36 PM

(the win32 binary downloaded soon after release)

tested under a VM for ~30minutes.
no read operation toward bitcoin wallet yet.
and no dns request to the suffix yet.

although the motivation to release yacoin is still highly suspicious.
nesic1

Activity: 636

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 03:01:20 PM

is client needs to be running or it just need to be run once, and infect the system?
jomay

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 03:13:09 PM

I've dealt with hdclover on the 9.5.13 selling him YACs. He was desperate to get more.

Anyhow I have checked the BTC address he sent my payment from and there is nothing missing. So either hdclover had a different wallet.dat corrupted or did not lose anything.

Anything else, make your own conclusions. And feel free to repost that to the other posts he did.

BTC 1NoV8NFSB7eiuK2aABFtBTdUdXhbEdG7Ss
LTC LaFyWSfzKY7CKwwmbxhyf8S2iJvfT7JFtL YAC YKKwR5B64Z9ww971J42vEGVPaema623Tz6
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 07:14:38 PM

Malwarebytes has been blocking a lot of attempted access to my cnc, btc and yac wallets.  This all started happening when I started mining yacoin.  Does this mean my system is infected?  I did a scan and it found two infected files, "cgminer.exe and minerd.exe".  I deleted both but still getting notification about block attempts to my wallets.

Nothing is missing yet from my wallets.  I would hate to reinstall the OS.  Any other apps to remove malware/trojan?

tb

Vycid

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 07:16:48 PM

Malwarebytes has been blocking a lot of attempted access to my cnc, btc and yac wallets.  This all started happening when I started mining yacoin.  Does this mean my system is infected?  I did a scan and it found two infected files, "cgminer.exe and minerd.exe".  I deleted both but still getting notification about block attempts to my wallets.

Nothing is missing yet from my wallets.  I would hate to reinstall the OS.  Any other apps to remove malware/trojan?

tb

Sounds like CPUMiner, as we'd been suspecting. Where'd you download it from?

The only way to be 100% safe after being exposed to malware is a complete drive reformat and OS reinstall. The malware probably isn't that sophisticated, though, so removal is probably sufficient.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: