Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 06:18:34 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Yacoin Client scam  (Read 3254 times)
Thracky

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 07:18:04 PM

Malwarebytes has been blocking a lot of attempted access to my cnc, btc and yac wallets.  This all started happening when I started mining yacoin.  Does this mean my system is infected?  I did a scan and it found two infected files, "cgminer.exe and minerd.exe".  I deleted both but still getting notification about block attempts to my wallets.

Nothing is missing yet from my wallets.  I would hate to reinstall the OS.  Any other apps to remove malware/trojan?

tb

Really!? are you kidding me?

You aren't aware that mining software gets flagged by almost every av/malware scanner out there?

*facepalm*
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2013, 07:19:19 PM

Malwarebytes has been blocking a lot of attempted access to my cnc, btc and yac wallets.  This all started happening when I started mining yacoin.  Does this mean my system is infected?  I did a scan and it found two infected files, "cgminer.exe and minerd.exe".  I deleted both but still getting notification about block attempts to my wallets.

Nothing is missing yet from my wallets.  I would hate to reinstall the OS.  Any other apps to remove malware/trojan?

tb

Those malware programs flag cgminer as a virus as well..  It's a false flag because they are an app that mines innocently but because of the other viruses that mine.  Why do you have a minerd.exe in your Litecoin AppData folder?  That shouldn't be. 

I installed Yacoin on many computers and didn't see anything unusual or bitcoins stolen.

FUD.
alex_fun

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 07:23:47 PM

lol fake screen shot with app litecoin in it Smiley well maybe some one can make a list of this fudders and post them in 1 thread Cheesy

techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 07:44:34 PM

lol fake screen shot with app litecoin in it Smiley well maybe some one can make a list of this fudders and post them in 1 thread Cheesy

Because I'm still a noob.  At least now I can ignore the log and keep on mining.   Grin

tb

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: