Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 03:56:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitbar - is it dying?  (Read 1465 times)
vinne81

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:49:30 PM

reward for finding block is low, difficulty is high, hashpower of newtork is also low.. i doesn't make sense for me.. at my pool we are solving almost 80% of all blocks and we are getting almost nothing as reward... i'm afraid, no one will mine coins like this..

there was also few accounts which was making fake activity with publishing fake shares, so it was looks like there is more hashing power of network than was true..

something looks wrong here for me

It's the same old story as with ANY alt coin here, those who have it defend it till they die.

My question remains: why is a big exchange SO important for your precious coin (in this case bitbar) - if it really stands on it own there is no reason to get on a major exchange fast. Unless perhaps... owners want to dump some what they got and be able to have a big enough (stupid) audience to sell it to before price drops too low and even they know they're ******.
i'm not defending it, i'm just curious.. wouldn't it work like when hash power of network goes down, difficulty also? and reward for finding block should go up?

What is going to kill BTB is the ultra scammy start and pre-mine combined with the fact that the entire idea was just plain stupid. Oh and it didn't help that the 'marketing team' behind it were blatantly lying about the price and scammed some n00bs into buying it for like 2 BTC each (about 1000 x as much as it's worth).

Also, the creators should be punished for using that "artwork" in the topic of every forum post  Grin
sido

Activity: 148

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:59:02 PM

What is going to kill BTB is the ultra scammy start and pre-mine combined with the fact that the entire idea was just plain stupid. Oh and it didn't help that the 'marketing team' behind it were blatantly lying about the price and scammed some n00bs into buying it for like 2 BTC each (about 1000 x as much as it's worth).

scammy start and pre-mine was stupid, i agree.. that's problem with almost every one alt coin

but i like idea for combination of POW / POS with scrypt algo

i need to agree with you Smiley for once more there was just attempt to make quick money, probably pretty succesfull
sido

Activity: 148

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 03:00:15 PM

Also, the creators should be punished for using that "artwork" in the topic of every forum post  Grin
do we know creators?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: