Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:46:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Speculation] Poloniex problems related to alphabay  (Read 309 times)
not.you (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 12:06:10 AM

Pure speculation on my part which is why I put it in the title of the thread but it makes sense.  If "the man" has forced polo to freeze certain wallets belonging to alphabay admins (or vendors for that matter) then that could well mean that many, many, user wallets get frozen right along with it.  It could also mean polo has temporary insolvency issues because their own hot wallet totals might be locked up.  You can be sure that if the government came along and gave orders to freeze certain things they would also be giving court orders not to talk about it at all.

The ZEC wallet is completely down on polo and the explanation makes no sense but I believe I heard that alphabay had recently enabled ZEC on their market (I may be wrong on this so if someone knows first hand please correct me).

It would help explain why polo is such a clusterfuck at the moment and why they don't seem to be able to handle the serious damage to their own reputation that this clusterfuck is causing them.  If they have a gag order and they have multiple cryptowallets that they can't use due to court orders, they may well be muddling the best they can with what they are allowed to still use and can't talk about it openly at the same time.

If they can't touch certain wallets they can still see blockchain transactions which would allow them to still credit accounts for deposit but it would be a more or less manual process. If they are prevented from using some of their main wallets they would also have to figure out how to move coins around in a way to handle withdrawals which would help explain the endless issues there.  Basically temporary insolvency.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: