Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:27:11 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Modify vanitygen/oclvanitygen for Litecoin  (Read 1414 times)
jaywaka2713 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:03:42 PM

Is there a way to modify vanitygen to generate Litecoin? Does anyone here have the technical expertise to explain how to modify the vanitygen and oclvanitygen code to adapt to Litecoin? Also, if such could be explained, can anyone explain how to make it accept any identifier so any altcoin could be generated?

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 06:24:08 PM

Is there a way to modify vanitygen to generate Litecoin? Does anyone here have the technical expertise to explain how to modify the vanitygen and oclvanitygen code to adapt to Litecoin? Also, if such could be explained, can anyone explain how to make it accept any identifier so any altcoin could be generated?
I thought Litecoin was programmed in anyway. Have you checked the docs?

scintill

Activity: 448
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 11:54:56 PM

Yes, it is already working for vanitygen.  It seems to be not working in oclvanitygen (I found this thread searching about that.)

Example litecoin litecoin addr: vanitygen -L LiTe .  Namecoin: vanitygen -N NC .  Any other coin can be done with the -X flag that lets you specify a version code (though it may be a bit of work figuring out what your coin's version number is.)

1SCiN5kqkAbxxwesKMsH9GvyWnWP5YK2W | donations
jaywaka2713 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 01:03:40 AM

Yes, it is already working for vanitygen.  It seems to be not working in oclvanitygen (I found this thread searching about that.)

Example litecoin litecoin addr: vanitygen -L LiTe .  Namecoin: vanitygen -N NC .  Any other coin can be done with the -X flag that lets you specify a version code (though it may be a bit of work figuring out what your coin's version number is.)

Thank you for your advice. I actually found the -X code weeks ago and found a site that lists all the prefix codes. Forgot about this thread.

dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 02:12:48 AM

Yes, it is already working for vanitygen.  It seems to be not working in oclvanitygen (I found this thread searching about that.)

Example litecoin litecoin addr: vanitygen -L LiTe .  Namecoin: vanitygen -N NC .  Any other coin can be done with the -X flag that lets you specify a version code (though it may be a bit of work figuring out what your coin's version number is.)

Actually it is not that hard.  Wink

Just go to the source files and look at the Base58.h file.

Around line 280 on most coins,  look for the constant PUBKEY_ADDRESS being assigned. That would be the address version you need.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: