Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:56:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts about Siacoin?  (Read 2069 times)
TheKubizz

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

bros over blockfolios

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 11:57:54 AM

I get into SC today - I think comparing technology and dev team to price of Sia is realllyyy good. I mean, we gonna skyrocket soon.

Same, I started dual mining them a week ago, hoping it to skyrocket as well Smiley
Could anyone explain the real purpose of SC other than just a coin?
Its used as a currency in their service which allows you to encrypt your files.
IAmLucas

Activity: 187
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 12:15:56 PM

How do you guys feel about Siacoin? Is it a good time to be buying into to it?

Siacoin is probably the most useless coin currently out there, why would you buy into a coin that allows you to host stuff in the cloud?

My man, use dropbox it's free.

Trust me when I say, in a years time, Siacoin will be worth 1/10th of what it is now.

~ Lucas

p.s if you want to host a shit load more that dropbox allows you for free, then yes buy some siacoins, its not an investment, its like buying gas for your car. You pay to use their hosting service.
TheKubizz

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

bros over blockfolios

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 12:20:04 PM

Siacoin is probably the most useless coin currently out there, why would you buy into a coin that allows you to host stuff in the cloud?

Trust me when I say, in a years time, Siacoin will be worth 1/10th of what it is now.

~ Lucas

p.s if you want to host a shit load more that dropbox allows you for free, then yes buy some siacoins, its not an investment, its like buying gas for your car. You pay to use their hosting service.

From what I know it's not a normal cloud service. It allows you to reaaallly well encrypt your files. So no-one can access them besides you. Am I mistaken?
Mr

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 12:30:53 PM

I think that Siacoin is a good coin which has a lot of potential right now. IN the future, I can guarantee that its price will even be higher. Even though it is a new coin, there have been much updated and strength inside this marvelous coin. If you want a long term holding coin, try to invest your money in SIA

None of the above
alan2here

Activity: 1778
Merit: 504

WorkAsPro

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 12:44:50 PM

I think that Siacoin is a good coin which has a lot of potential right now. IN the future, I can guarantee that its price will even be higher. Even though it is a new coin, there have been much updated and strength inside this marvelous coin. If you want a long term holding coin, try to invest your money in SIA
I also invest some money into SIA as I am pretty sure this market will have good prices in the future. I think if we are a long-term investor, buying right now is a very good opportunity.

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 01:04:14 PM

I also invest some money into SIA as I am pretty sure this market will have good prices in the future. I think if we are a long-term investor, buying right now is a very good opportunity.
a lots of people who understand the potentials of a project will keep buying it even they are seeing some downfalls and with sia for sure there's still many supporters who silently holdings and accumulating some coins and beside miners are also holding their mined coins and waiting for another train to move
forward before selling, we don't know what tomorrow will bring but its worth buying then hold for some years.
hous26

Activity: 462
Merit: 115

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 01:24:01 PM

I love the idea behind Sia, decentralized data storage on a cloud.  Its a great project that I have some stake in it, mostly what I have mined.  However, I don't understand how the Siacoin is an essential part of the Project.  For instance, why couldn't someone, perhaps even Sia, start accepting fiat or even Bitcoin instead of Siacoin?  Eventually Sia will have to sell the Siacoins for fiat anyways so they can pay their own bills anyways, right?  I doubt their utility company or landlord will accept payment in anything but fiat.

As I said before, I actually have some stake in Siacoin.  Honestly, I was probably too novice to appreciate what I was doing and was really intrigued by the company and not the coin.  That said, I'm still going to hodl the coin for the forseeable future.
hous26

Activity: 462
Merit: 115

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 01:55:44 PM

~ Lucas

First, Dropbox isn't decentralized.
Second, Dropbox is susceptible to hackers because the data is held by a single entity.
Third, Dropbox only gives you a small amount of storage for free and they charge you for plans. 
Fourth, assuming you need to store more data than 2GB on the cloud then Sia is hands-down the cheaper option.

Disclaimer, Dropbox is a fantastic tool.  I use it for some personal as well as professional purposes.  While its more expensive at the moment, I would prefer to utilize Dropbox over Sia at the moment because I'm more familiar with it.  I do appreciate the fact that Sia is a working product, I believe in it and I think its the future.  Its just so new and its hard to break ones habit when they are accustomed to using one thing for so long.
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 01:57:37 PM

Technology wise Siacoin is revolutionizing but effort wise no one use it really. I feel that in future Google will buy it and will integrate in his dropbox. For me i think it is a good coin to speculate and get some quick profits by pump and dump.
IAmLucas

Activity: 187
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 02:01:49 PM

First, Dropbox isn't decentralized.
Second, Dropbox is susceptible to hackers because the data is held by a single entity.
Third, Dropbox only gives you a small amount of storage for free and they charge you for plans. 
Fourth, assuming you need to store more data than 2GB on the cloud then Sia is hands-down the cheaper option.

Disclaimer, Dropbox is a fantastic tool.  I use it for some personal as well as professional purposes.  While its more expensive at the moment, I would prefer to utilize Dropbox over Sia at the moment because I'm more familiar with it.  I do appreciate the fact that Sia is a working product, I believe in it and I think its the future.  Its just so new and its hard to break ones habit when they are accustomed to using one thing for so long.

Yo hous26,

Answers to your statements:
First, Dropbox isn't decentralized. True
Second, Dropbox is susceptible to hackers because the data is held by a single entity. Everything is at some point is susceptible, dropbox is hugely mature, it also encrypts the files, I can guarantee that its more secure than Sia. 
Third, Dropbox only gives you a small amount of storage for free and they charge you for plans.  Well it is a business, remind me how much storage you get for free on Sia?
Fourth, assuming you need to store more data than 2GB on the cloud then Sia is hands-down the cheaper option.  Agree, hence why I said if you want to host your files on there do it.

I think as a product sia is good if you want to host some files, but you have tools above that are 'investing' in sia. You guys are aware the devs have even stated they want the coin value to stay relatively static? Why would they want it to go up in value and create their service more expensive.

Guys, wake up, this isn't an investment unless you want to host some files!

~Lucas
bummm

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 02:50:25 PM

I bought this coin when in Poloniex was huge pumping. But then it go down... So now I loose quite a lot money. But hope in future it will rise up, at least 2x from current price.  Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: