Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:25:42 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When will more retailers accept Bitcoin  (Read 17160 times)
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 03:06:37 PM

I wish I could spend my bitcoins locally or even in my country at all (easily). Although it has helped me hang onto them and earn quite a bit over the years.

Since bitcoin is a currency which is increasing its value day by day and also becoming much valuer than the dollar so maybe in the next few years to come most of the retailers would start payment in bitcoins and also accepting in bitcoins
well popularity will force retailers to accept and use this system the more people to push this up the more popularity that bitcoin will gather and with this current situation regarding to its value things will change everything and maybe adoption will take place.
warrior333

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 03:12:13 PM

In fact, sellers are not really interested in selling goods for bitcoins because they are afraid of falling prices. It is difficult to count every hour the price of goods. On the other hand, users of bitcoin don't want to part with their coins, and so, too, prefer to buy goods for Fiat.
bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 06:48:57 PM

Retailors have some problems in accepting bitcoin as payment.
1.High transaction fee or else very slow confirmation due to low fees.But,thanks to segwit,it has almost been solved.
2.Bitcoin not legalized yet in many countries and so many retailers fear that bitcoin may get banned.
3.High volatile nature of bitcoin price.
   First issue has been solved.Second reason would get solved when bitcoin gets legalized.But third reason volatility could not be solved as it is the nature of decentralized currency bitcoin.But still,retailers are ready to accept bitcoin as payment if it is just legalized despite its volatile nature and we noticed it recently in japan.

They are business people they will not take much risk in their business. Because once it affects the business, they have a chance to lose their business. So they will not entertain this kind of currency. And 2nd confirmation fee and time this could be reduced now but still low fee will take a couple of hours to confirm. This type of complicated payment they won't entertain. I think when the Bitcoin price stable and confirm time will reduce that time they will show interest.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 09:10:44 PM

I wish I could spend my bitcoins locally or even in my country at all (easily). Although it has helped me hang onto them and earn quite a bit over the years.

Since bitcoin is a currency which is increasing its value day by day and also becoming much valuer than the dollar so maybe in the next few years to come most of the retailers would start payment in bitcoins and also accepting in bitcoins
That is going to happen there is no doubt about that, but how long it is going to take, I think it is going to take a lot of time, at least 30 years that is why I see bitcoin as a way to save for my retirement rather than a get rich quick scheme, to me bitcoin is going to allow me to get a pleasant retirement.
Lmaooo

Activity: 694
Merit: 108

santacoin.io

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 09:27:13 PM

Well, it's a slow process gradually, gradually. As you may know, new technology take time before it gets adopted by the general population. Online business owners and companies are always on the side of avoiding talking risk more especially when it comes to accepting money and transactions online. So, gradually they may implement the bitcoin payment system but it may take time eventually until they fully understand the benefits. Cool

djgtr

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 09:31:48 PM

That is going to happen there is no doubt about that, but how long it is going to take, I think it is going to take a lot of time, at least 30 years that is why I see bitcoin as a way to save for my retirement rather than a get rich quick scheme, to me bitcoin is going to allow me to get a pleasant retirement.
yes i agree bitcoin can be accepted someday if  people arround know about it and its value.if it is going to be stablish and  everybody know about it that time maybe the retailers accept it as a payment.for now we have to convert it to our country money in order to use bitcoin.
Ronaldcoin2017

Activity: 1148
Merit: 300

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 01:58:09 AM

I   think bitcoin will become more acceptable if it is being publish by the trusted site and channel from the televesion and it is already known by everyone including the benefits and its advantages .i think this   time many people will use it and accept it in diff.kinds of payment.
Twinscoin2017

Activity: 1009
Merit: 328

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:55:46 AM

I   think bitcoin will become more acceptable if it is being publish by the trusted site and channel from the televesion and it is already known by everyone including the benefits and its advantages .i think this   time many people will use it and accept it in diff.kinds of payment.
yes i agree on that .maybe some retailers doesnt know  already about bitcoin and they dont hear the advantage of using it that is why they are not yet accepting bitcoin .so  i agree that if it is  being publish maybe that time manny retailers will accept it.
South Park

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 09:26:47 PM

well popularity will force retailers to accept and use this system the more people to push this up the more popularity that bitcoin will gather and with this current situation regarding to its value things will change everything and maybe adoption will take place.
Popularity is a factor but I think a generational shift also has to happen, old people of today are not very adept at technology, however the old people of the future are going to have a working command of computers and all the technology we use, so for them it will be easier to understand a concept like bitcoin.
futuret

Activity: 728
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:42:06 PM

Maybe instead of asking each other every day we should start demanding to pay with bitcoin? I took this on last night and guess what? My haircut lady will do my next cut for bitcoin! Sometimes all you have to do is ask. When I did she told me I was the third person to do so.

LOL! A haircutting lady is accepting bitcoin we must say bitcoin has become very popular it’s really impressive not only has this but I thought bitcoin will be accepted by a lot of the business man when it is easier and cheaper to use than the fiat money and it depends on the market demand of the bitcoin and I could see the demand of the bitcoin is increasing every day and I am sure bitcoin they going to accept bitcoin everywhere and for everything.
Altero

Activity: 784
Merit: 123

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 11:09:33 PM

Since bitcoin is not yet known by everybody so the number of people who has and earning bitcoin is still less than people who has cash. Well I think there will be more retailer that will accept bitcoin if they knew on how to deal with bitcoin and if almost all people use bitcoin instead of cash. If the retailers think they will also gain profit if they use bitcoin as exchange to their products or whatever they offer so maybe more retailers accepts bitcoin.
In my country, probably it could be 30years from now maybe half of the reatailers will accept bitcoin as a mode of payment. Because bitcoin isn't established yet in here and its hard for them also because of their limited knowledge about bitcoin. But for the civilized countries they are started already accepting bitcoin, as the goverment declared it legal then more retailers will accept.
lavemytim

Activity: 756
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:05:42 AM

Bitcoin will take closer to the 20th year, not earlier. This is purely my opinion, of course it can happen
HasHe

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 09:31:29 AM

Bitcoin would be accepted by more retailers when
1.It gets legalized by the government so that retailers would get confidence about bitcoins that it would not be banned.Recently,we saw in japan,more than 260,000 retail shops have started accepting bitcoin.
2.Quick transactions which has been recently ensured by activation of segwit.
3.Price volatility since its price increases and decreases with huge difference within a day itself.

In india also,within six months,bitcoin is going to be legalized.So,lakhs of retailers could be expected in india too to accept bitcoin payments.
slashz9

Activity: 1554
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:32:22 AM

It is possible for developed countries to know their average citizen is already familiar with bitcoin, so they easily receive payments with bitcoin.sedangkan countries, for example in my country people who know bitcoin maybe only about say 20%, and for bitcoin transactions may be only in the city While in the small town town bitcoin does not apply at all as a means of exchange of money.
South Park

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 05:32:50 PM

It is not as easy as creating an ad and think that is going to be enough, this takes time especially since we are talking about something completely new that people have never heard before, a new type of currency that they cannot touch, while you may think that the same is true for paypal that is not entirely correct since we can touch our dollar bills.
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 05:43:57 PM

It is not as easy as creating an ad and think that is going to be enough, this takes time especially since we are talking about something completely new that people have never heard before, a new type of currency that they cannot touch, while you may think that the same is true for paypal that is not entirely correct since we can touch our dollar bills.

You can't touch fiat money already in paypal though. I just hope people learn bitcoins easier and get informed on how it really works and what I can do for them. Bitcoins is totally something new, which is why people tend to be skeptical about it. But when they realize its potential and possible use cases then for sure it would be adopted fairly quick. What we need is actually educate the public.
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 05:47:28 PM

Bitcoin is becoming more acceptable now and many android application are now accepting bitcoin.  Online store aremember holding on in accepting bitcoin as a mode of payment for goods and services because of many bitcoin promoters are projecting bitcoin as stock and store of value kind of assets. I do believe that when bitcoin go mainstream we would see it being accepted by most of the USA online and offline stores.
RajaJudi

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

Less is more

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 06:04:00 PM

we do not need more retailers to accept bitcoin when the number of bitcoin users is still very small. What we need is that more and more people will get into bitcoin and use it as an investment first. Then, retailers can open a store which accepts bitcoi to attract them. 

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 06:24:06 PM

When we demand it rather than constantly asking each other.  If everyone in this thread wrote to Amazon it might happen today.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:17:05 AM

"Japan: No Bitcoin Tax, Thousands of Stores to Accept the Cryptocurrency"

article published July, 5, 2017
https://edgylabs.com/2017/07/05/japan-no-bitcoin-tax-stores-accept-cryptocurrency/

"AirRegi is a widely used, tablet-based point-of-sale app in Japan. Currently, around 260,000 establishments, stores, and commercial facilities use this proprietary app to accept payments from their clients."

It makes sense that a transition to accept bitcoin would be underway for more US-based stores.
Bitcoin will be accepted by more retailers if it will be legal to a certain country and generally speaking, to most countries. Retailers on a certian country will ofcourse, allow people to use Bitcoin as a mode of payment if it is legal. And also, retailers may also acvept Bitcoin due to public demand. They'll follow what's being asked by the customers because they want to earn.
Yes, legalization is the main obstacle in way of practicing bitcoins in daily life. Retailers do fear accepting payments because of illegal nature of bitcoins. I heard some people are so afraid of using bitcoins that according to them, using bitcoins can put them behind the bars.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: