Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:16:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When will more retailers accept Bitcoin  (Read 17160 times)
SummerBliss

Activity: 910
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 01:03:26 AM

Not many people know about Bitcoin and Bitcoin is highly volatile. These both factors limit vendors to accept Bitcoin. Also, even if people know about Bitcoin, they aren't ready to spend it because Bitcoin is more like an investment for them than a currency. I think in future more retailers will definitely start accepting Bitcoin with bitcoin going mainstream and a little decrease in volatility. Right now some dominant countries in crypto like Japan are involved in Bitcoin extensively.
Jake052478

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

I will do wonder for YOU!!!

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 01:11:45 AM

I can see that there are only a handful of bitcoins investors in our country yet.  So the chances of being used as payments in a retail store would be much longer than expected.  Besides, there will still be equipment to be installed before being accepted in the stores... So, I guess, it would take time....
lincolnmad

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 01:16:46 AM

"Japan: No Bitcoin Tax, Thousands of Stores to Accept the Cryptocurrency"

article published July, 5, 2017
https://edgylabs.com/2017/07/05/japan-no-bitcoin-tax-stores-accept-cryptocurrency/

"AirRegi is a widely used, tablet-based point-of-sale app in Japan. Currently, around 260,000 establishments, stores, and commercial facilities use this proprietary app to accept payments from their clients."

It makes sense that a transition to accept bitcoin would be underway for more US-based stores.

This is a good news actually for bitcoin but the impact is not that big because japan is known as a country that already accept bitcoin. If other big country accept bitcoin as the payment for their retailers, it will be big. I mean the price of bitcoin can increase so high because of that news. I'm sure more retailers will accept bitcoin in the future.
Konthol Ngaceng

Activity: 646
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 03:12:27 AM

Of course this is gradual and I see more and more retailers are receiving bitcoin. the main thing that makes bitcoin transactions more massive depends on the developer, if they make the transaction easier then retailers will accept bitcoin...
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 04:20:39 AM

I think that when retailers think that their country won't do any regulations on bitcoin, retailers will go for it.  And retailers don't want to face legal issues just because they accept bitcoin. So that's why most of the retailers don't accept bitcoin as payment acceptance method. But in the future retailers might think of such an idea but instead they will use their governments crypto currency.

barbara44

Activity: 2422
Merit: 605

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 06:19:47 AM

maybe next year or in 2019-2020 we will have a lot of sellers who accept payment by bitcoin, bitcoin is in the stage of slowly being famous around the world, lets just wait and everyone will notice it since the prediction next year with its value might rose up to 10k$ or even more.

I hope so. That is one og the major problem of bitcoin.
Lacking in merchants and also those shops that accepts bitcoin as a currency.
This should be changed fast. There have been many coins that are being created and they might see it as a better one in terms of payment rather than bitcoin.
It could be popular but after that users could be directed to another crypto like ETH, and LTC.
The more retailers will have bitcoins only when it will become a global currency. The value of bitcoins needs to improve soon and this will make it highly accepted in the global market. Also it wills some high standards of trading and eventually more and more retailers will start thinking about it and will start accepting.

Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:07:40 AM

maybe next year or in 2019-2020 we will have a lot of sellers who accept payment by bitcoin, bitcoin is in the stage of slowly being famous around the world, lets just wait and everyone will notice it since the prediction next year with its value might rose up to 10k$ or even more.

This should be changed fast. There have been many coins that are being created and they might see it as a better one in terms of payment rather than bitcoin.
It could be popular but after that users could be directed to another crypto like ETH, and LTC.
The more retailers will have bitcoins only when it will become a global currency. The value of bitcoins needs to improve soon and this will make it highly accepted in the global market. Also it wills some high standards of trading and eventually more and more retailers will start thinking about it and will start accepting.
The value of bitcoin doesn't need to rush to improve to just make bitcoin accepted by the other retailers and other businessman. Bitcoin needs to have a stable network and less hassle problems so the retailers and the businessman will accept bitcoin because when there is no issue in bitcoin especially in using it then it will become easy for bitcoin to get accepted worldwide.
Eugenar

Activity: 1274
Merit: 278

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 12:41:36 PM

"Japan: No Bitcoin Tax, Thousands of Stores to Accept the Cryptocurrency"

article published July, 5, 2017
https://edgylabs.com/2017/07/05/japan-no-bitcoin-tax-stores-accept-cryptocurrency/

"AirRegi is a widely used, tablet-based point-of-sale app in Japan. Currently, around 260,000 establishments, stores, and commercial facilities use this proprietary app to accept payments from their clients."

It makes sense that a transition to accept bitcoin would be underway for more US-based stores.
Maybe, it will be accepted by more retailer when Bitcoin is already legal to most countries and if it will be supported by each of the countries' governments. As of this moment, there are still markets that doesn't support Bitcoin as a payment or to be used to buy and purchase things because they are still not awared of cryptocurrencies. But the future's bright , I think. Once it is already accepted by most of the retailers, surely, the demand and its value will also too.
Nicol3

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 12:54:25 PM

It will be accepted once Bitcoin will be accepted mostly around the world. If governments would of course support it and retailers would then consider accepting Bitcoin as payment. Time can only tell us when it will be accepted and hopefully very soon so we can start purchasing goods and use Bitcoin as payment.

Blamsud

Activity: 503

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:29:58 PM

It will be accepted once Bitcoin will be accepted mostly around the world. If governments would of course support it and retailers would then consider accepting Bitcoin as payment. Time can only tell us when it will be accepted and hopefully very soon so we can start purchasing goods and use Bitcoin as payment.
Bitcoin delays might solve first before more retailers accept it. It needs to develop more in terms of transaction payments delay and fees to adapt by retailers easily.
Flodemaga

Activity: 286

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 03:09:03 PM

Its all about legalization, once all countries does legalize bitcoin we will see a boom of places wich will accept bitcoin as payment here, some merchants are already acepting it as payment since they know its potencialm and are taking the risks before the legalization, wich can result into another pizza history in the future.
barhavsky

Activity: 798

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 04:05:48 PM

when bitcoin gets more popular and more and more people are using it then I think retailers will accept bitcoin as a means of payment transactions.

millgates

Activity: 714

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 04:24:59 PM

when bitcoin gets more popular and more and more people are using it then I think retailers will accept bitcoin as a means of payment transactions.
Yes you are right,  when bitcoin gets more popular, the more people will using bitcoin then it will make the price more stable than now, because bitcoin is spread evenly. except if all of the new people are trader. Retailers are getting problem with the price of bitcoin that move so wild.  So if the price of bitcoin is stable I am sure a lot of retailer will adopt it as payment methode.
wurth

Activity: 331

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 06:15:18 PM

Of course, the popularity of Bitcoin is the requirement if you want to have more retailers accept Bitcoin as a payment method. However, you do not need to worry much about that, Amazon has confirmed they will apply Bitcoin to their payment system in next month. I believe this event can helps others change opinion.

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
  Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network
GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )

WHITE PAPER  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
SiverSurfer

Activity: 149
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:31:08 PM

Of course, the popularity of Bitcoin is the requirement if you want to have more retailers accept Bitcoin as a payment method. However, you do not need to worry much about that, Amazon has confirmed they will apply Bitcoin to their payment system in next month. I believe this event can helps others change opinion.

Hopefully its true this time because we've heard it multiple times about big companies supporting but not implementing.
ekoice

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:19:18 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2017, 10:05:57 AM by ekoice

More retailers would start accepting bitcoins when it gets legalized.That's what we saw recently in japan that thousands of retail stores accepting bitcoins immediately after its legalization.They have even left behind the volatility issue.When bitcoin gets legalized,retailers get confident enough to accept bitcoins since its gets recognized by the government itself.Also,the more bitcoin gets popular,more chances will be for bitcoin getting accepted.Now,on seeing bitcoin's growing popularity and increase in user base,amazon has decided to accept bitcoin and this list would continue to increase in the future.
Xunloo

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:30:23 PM

The value of bitcoin doesn't need to rush to improve to just make bitcoin accepted by the other retailers and other businessman. Bitcoin needs to have a stable network and less hassle problems so the retailers and the businessman will accept bitcoin because when there is no issue in bitcoin especially in using it then it will become easy for bitcoin to get accepted worldwide.
I think it does not even have to have a stable network because even without that you can easily predict that bitcoin is going to go very high and you can see that at the charts too.
Aganythe

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:11:40 AM

I don't actually see this will happen but if the price tag of bitcoin will be far more steady i can see that  far more suppliers accept Bitcoin will occur. But as of now, i don't consider casual individuals, whose not techy a single , possibly will not think about this as a extravagant point, or probably if bitcoin will be a pattern a mainstream pattern, for certain many individuals will bandwagon/fanatic of bitcoin, in that time i consider far more merchants will acknowledge bitcoin.
lucy1215

Activity: 105

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:35:41 AM

I think that it would take time or years before retailers would accept bitcoin the reason why is because not everyone knows about the existence of bitcoin and some are still afraid to use or invest on bitcoin. But for me it is good to use in purchasing on the retailers for a hassle free transaction.

PlayBets.io  •  Decentralized Platform with Mass Gambling Games  •  PlayBets.io
Closed Pre-Sale 15 December[JOIN NOW!]

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ •  [FB]  ▬▬▬  [TW]  ▬▬▬  [TG]  ▬▬▬  [KC] • ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
leonair

Activity: 1274
Merit: 390

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 10:18:06 AM

I think that it would take time or years before retailers would accept bitcoin the reason why is because not everyone knows about the existence of bitcoin and some are still afraid to use or invest on bitcoin. But for me it is good to use in purchasing on the retailers for a hassle free transaction.

There are some restaurants and well known establishment that is already using Bitcoin as a payment in exchange with their goods and services, it just that there are no stable Bitcoin ATM machine that you can buy at in the city that this establishments are located so you must need to buy online or earn it first before you can use it.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: