Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:02:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When will more retailers accept Bitcoin  (Read 17158 times)
Cavyanpo

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:43:46 AM

I will not truly see this will take place but if the value of bitcoin will be a lot more steady i can see that  a lot more stores acknowledge Bitcoin will come about. But as of now, i do not feel relaxed folks, whose not techy one , possibly will not take into account this as a fancy thing, or perhaps if bitcoin will be a development a mainstream pattern, for sure numerous people will bandwagon/fanatic of bitcoin, in that time i believe more merchants will accept bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
erasheed28

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:49:39 AM

maybe 2 to 3 years we can clearly see a lot of retailers to accept bitcoin, right now the market for cryptocurrencies are booming so it is safe to assume that it is getting a lot of attention and being trusted by other industries.

DCCDistributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
TomUyamot

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:55:30 AM

"Japan: No Bitcoin Tax, Thousands of Stores to Accept the Cryptocurrency"

article published July, 5, 2017
https://edgylabs.com/2017/07/05/japan-no-bitcoin-tax-stores-accept-cryptocurrency/

"AirRegi is a widely used, tablet-based point-of-sale app in Japan. Currently, around 260,000 establishments, stores, and commercial facilities use this proprietary app to accept payments from their clients."

It makes sense that a transition to accept bitcoin would be underway for more US-based stores.

It is growing by the day. Stores around the world that accept bitcoin as payment are becoming big in numbers. I know others have already considered the same step. It is just depending on how bitcoin is widely accepted by its customers. Once bitcoin will become more and more utilized by the people, more and more stores and establishments will also be accepting bitcoin.
MoonHodler

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

Bitcoin: 1HrWs3tDzWr13zocV3qP9ENRLgiDuewtsu

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 03:06:24 AM

It will be accepted once bitcoin represents a high percentage of payment preference, once merchants realize that by accepting bitcoin  customers will increase by 20% or 30% .. they will accept bitcoin and convert it to fiat once received  .. once bitcoin represents 50%+ of sales, they will do the opposite and convert fiat to bitcoin  Grin .

Retailers will accept bitcoin either because they believe in it or their customers demand it.

Enjoy your life, one day at a time. Bitcoin Address: 1HrWs3tDzWr13zocV3qP9ENRLgiDuewtsu
ramsdaj28

Activity: 420
Merit: 256

اللعنة

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:31:21 AM

"Japan: No Bitcoin Tax, Thousands of Stores to Accept the Cryptocurrency"

article published July, 5, 2017
https://edgylabs.com/2017/07/05/japan-no-bitcoin-tax-stores-accept-cryptocurrency/

"AirRegi is a widely used, tablet-based point-of-sale app in Japan. Currently, around 260,000 establishments, stores, and commercial facilities use this proprietary app to accept payments from their clients."

It makes sense that a transition to accept bitcoin would be underway for more US-based stores.
Well, there is already an increasing number of businesses and establishments that accept bitcoin as payment. But I don't think, tax-less bitcoin will be something beneficial at all for these businesses. It's not actually the bitcoin as payment which is being imposed with tax, but the products and the business itself. No matter how these businesses manage the payment for their products and services with bitcoins, they will still pay tax for their products and services, and other miscellaneous fess (e.g. business permit, building/house permit, etc). The positive side of using bitcoin is the faster and easier transaction between the business owners and their consumers.
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:20:25 AM

It is happening.  EVeryday a number of merchants are accepting Bitcoin.  The current news about amazon accepting Bitcoin and google using Bitcoin API to recieve payment is great.  This means thousand of retailers will accept Bitcoin upon implementation.  Just  a bit more time and we will see Bitcoin going mainstream in terms of merchant acceptance.
fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:40:03 AM

Retailers will start accepting bitcoins once it is famous enough and when majority of the mass starts using bitcoins in their daily life.The second reason being that Bitcoin is not stable enough for using it as currency.Bitcoin has been legalised only in a handful of countries so there is still a long way for the bitcoins to become a part of our daily life.
This will happen in near future because a lot of store are taking bitcoin as payment and as they will become successful the things will automatically come down to the low level retailers and this thing will be more fascinating and I believe upcoming era will totally depend on the bitcoin and all things revolves around the popularity.

Hexah

Activity: 728
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:02:55 AM

We never know when will that time more retailers accept Bitcoins but for the time being that bitcoin has no fixed value I think it would be hard as a retailer to accept that. Volatility of bitcoin is the thing that push not just retailers but also big investors not to accept bitcoin this days because they might risks only what they invest or gain from consumers because it might be decreased in value and that retailers may find they will not profit because of that. But for sure if the bitcoin value is fixed and being stabilized I can see or predict they're might much retailers accepting bitcoin.
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:15:19 AM

When bitcoin can afford a lot of transactions, right now it can't as the confirmation take so long (10-15 minutes). If this problem is solved and bitcoin is regulated at the country where the merchant is located, it won't take long until they will accept bitcoin.
to make bitcoin adoption accelerated i think government role are the key.

nowadays general public need government action to recognize bitcoin and put some rule on it to make people feel secure. that is the main problem i think , government mostly won't adopt bitcoin for now and even tend to don't care about it. waiting the adoption spread widely without government move will take long time.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
CoinsCoinsEverywhere

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 07:39:30 AM

When bitcoin can afford a lot of transactions, right now it can't as the confirmation take so long (10-15 minutes). If this problem is solved and bitcoin is regulated at the country where the merchant is located, it won't take long until they will accept bitcoin.
to make bitcoin adoption accelerated i think government role are the key.

nowadays general public need government action to recognize bitcoin and put some rule on it to make people feel secure. that is the main problem i think , government mostly won't adopt bitcoin for now and even tend to don't care about it. waiting the adoption spread widely without government move will take long time.
Yep, I think you're right about the importance of governments here.  Ironic, isn't it, considering that cryptos try to stay as far away from government intervention as possible?  But I think you're right that some sensible regulation is needed.  There are way too many scams out there.  Cryptocurrency users and investors need some protections so they can trust that their money isn't going to be stolen.
RayvenPierre

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:32:12 AM

If we want more retailers to be accepting bitcoins or have bitcoin as another form in bitcoin we're gonna be needing to have the government make that happen. It's only simple, the government will be needing to legalize bitcoin and that will be only when other markets will accept bitcoin.

vafro

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 11:17:12 AM

Merchants will only start accepting it as a indicates of payment once authorities institutions commence making it possible for it to be a medium of trade. When a place notifies its citizens and tells them that they can now buy, offer, get income in bitcoin then it would be acknowledged by others.
DZU1410

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

https://saturn.black

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 11:27:07 AM

Sellers are afraid to take bitcoin because of its unstable price, they are afraid to sell the product for too low a price when it falls sharply. I think only those who like risk will agree to this.

HasHe

Activity: 952

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 11:43:44 AM

Retailers face two big issues in accepting bitcoin as payment.

1.Bitcoin not legalized.
2.Its high volatile nature.

Volatility is the biggest problem which retailers face.They may face a loss if bitcoin price falls immediately after they accept it as payment.

Retailers also fear that if bitcoin suddenly gets declared as illegal by the government,then they would have to face serious problems.But if bitcoin gets legalized,then retailers are ready to accept bitcoins even without much bothering about its volatilty.This is what we witnessed in japan where thousands of retailers started accepting bitcoins after its legalization.

deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 11:59:20 AM

Retailers will start accepting bitcoins once it is famous enough and when majority of the mass starts using bitcoins in their daily life.The second reason being that Bitcoin is not stable enough for using it as currency.Bitcoin has been legalised only in a handful of countries so there is still a long way for the bitcoins to become a part of our daily life.
This will happen in near future because a lot of store are taking bitcoin as payment and as they will become successful the things will automatically come down to the low level retailers and this thing will be more fascinating and I believe upcoming era will totally depend on the bitcoin and all things revolves around the popularity.

will be many stores and retailers in different countries of the world who will begin to adopt the bitcoin system for their payments, look now bitcoin gradually becoming known in the community and will be more famous because bitcoin continues to spread every day, it may take a long time because the development of a technology will take time, but you dont need to hesitate. with that gradually many people will get used to using bitcoin as well as retailers, actually what I fear is a high fee that decreases the interest of users to use bitcoin as currency,,
Andre#

Activity: 737

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 12:22:09 PM

At least in a century, Bitcoin can not become famous, this is my prediction for Bitcoin in future.
You must to know that most of the Bitcoin users are people under 65 years of age.
That is the reason I do not think Bitcoin will be important in our life soon.
jimrome

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:14:31 PM

Do you really think that a delay of ten to fifteen minutes is a very big delay,i really do not think so,the only solution we have to find out is the double spend problem and if you could figure that out then you could start accepting bitcoin with zero confirmation . Tongue I waiting for a time when amazon starts accepting bitcoin and if they do it would be great.
cotton ball

Activity: 1288
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:16:26 PM

Depending on their state regulations, retailers have the potential to help the state from the tax sector if using bitcoin, but most are constrained by rules that only allow e-money (fiat) as a means of payment; There should be a trigger from some developers to provide btc-fiat conversion services to be a middle ground between consumers and retail businesses.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:36:03 PM

Do you really think that a delay of ten to fifteen minutes is a very big delay,i really do not think so,the only solution we have to find out is the double spend problem and if you could figure that out then you could start accepting bitcoin with zero confirmation . Tongue I waiting for a time when amazon starts accepting bitcoin and if they do it would be great.
The confirmation time in bitcoin is very normal and we should understand that bitcoin needs confirmation in order to maintain the good things in bitcoin and continue to make the network secured and healthy. If there will be no confirmation then the network of bitcoin will get spam and it will lead for having lag issues in the network and that will make the image of bitcoin bad.
xYakult

Activity: 518
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:51:29 PM

In my country (Philippines), knowing that we are a third world country, I don't think retailers will fully accept bitcoin in the mainstream market. Tho some small online business here are open in accepting bitcoin but they are soooo few. In general, it will all depend on what country will bitcoin be accepted by retailers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: