Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:49:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When will more retailers accept Bitcoin  (Read 17158 times)
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 02:50:29 PM

Depending on their state regulations, retailers have the potential to help the state from the tax sector if using bitcoin, but most are constrained by rules that only allow e-money (fiat) as a means of payment; There should be a trigger from some developers to provide btc-fiat conversion services to be a middle ground between consumers and retail businesses.

Yes this may be great solution for all of the problem that might come with this. Think that most dont want to use bitcoin cuz of this, they will need account on exchange convert transfer to many operations for one payment. Maybe it will be that some major ones use this conversion in real time at least as a test to see how might turn out to be.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

thend1949

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:06:15 PM

Depending on their state regulations, retailers have the potential to help the state from the tax sector if using bitcoin, but most are constrained by rules that only allow e-money (fiat) as a means of payment; There should be a trigger from some developers to provide btc-fiat conversion services to be a middle ground between consumers and retail businesses.

I think that will take too long to implement that kind of btc-fiat conversion services to be able to patronized for those consumers and retail businesses, because bitcoin wasn't yet educating people in the local communities. Government is the main frontline for this development and in order to make this as reality to all this must be teach to all people around the world so that bitcoin and fiat currency will be more compatible of exchanges, with regards to spending.
lordquanta

Activity: 770
Merit: 268

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 06:02:18 PM

Yes this may be great solution for all of the problem that might come with this. Think that most dont want to use bitcoin cuz of this, they will need account on exchange convert transfer to many operations for one payment. Maybe it will be that some major ones use this conversion in real time at least as a test to see how might turn out to be.

If Japan is doing it successfully so far then there must be a way to replicate the same in other countries as well. As far as adoption is concerned if buyers are interested then sellers will also try their hand on bitcoin payment. I mean What is one of biggest hurdle with bitcoin -> is it time to confirm the transaction or is it security about getting money back like we get with credit card or debit card purchase. As things are working in Japan then these fellas must have thought about above issues. There must be a work around for security on money back as well.
Major part in these kind of situation is from the govt. Because it is the govt which will legalize the use of certain payment system. If govt allows the vendors, sellers to use the bitcoin then you would increase in bitcoin adoption for actual purchase of goods and services.
Unplugged

Activity: 352
Merit: 100

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 10:53:02 PM

In the near future? Let's just say within 2-3 years. I think more and more establishments will see the need for them to accept Bitcoin and also other cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum, LiteCoin, Zcash and others. Japan is really pushing it while other countries are having doubts. It may or may not boost their economy by who knows how much percent and to what extent it might actually bring it. So far, most establishment are seeing the need to transition to digital currency and I think it is a good sign.

███   ████     Bitgesell's first yearly halving is coming in less than a month!     ████   ███
B I T G E S E L L      BUY BGL/USDT NOW AT DIGIFINEX
██               ████████     •     Telegram     •     Twitter     •     ████████               ██
digitalgame4life

Activity: 378
Merit: 105

Active forum member, A+ poster, PM good sign camp.

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 11:06:58 PM

Many places will accept bitcoin and many places do want to accept bitcoin and with it all the other cryptocurrencies, the only thing is it has not gone mainstream and it is too volatile in order to have a steady value, once bitcoin will reach its steady price many retailers and store will accept bitcoin as a payment, if it is not bitcoin it will be some of the altcoins, think about PAY,OMG and a few others.

CoinsCoinsEverywhere

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:44:46 PM

When bitcoin can afford a lot of transactions, right now it can't as the confirmation take so long (10-15 minutes). If this problem is solved and bitcoin is regulated at the country where the merchant is located, it won't take long until they will accept bitcoin.
Do you really think that a delay of ten to fifteen minutes is a very big delay,i really do not think so,the only solution we have to find out is the double spend problem and if you could figure that out then you could start accepting bitcoin with zero confirmation . Tongue I waiting for a time when amazon starts accepting bitcoin and if they do it would be great.
Yes, I think it's way too long when you can pay by other electronic means within a few seconds.  And I've seen delays much longer than 10-15 minutes.  A few months ago, I did a bitcoin transfer between my wallet and an exchange.  I paid the recommended fee, which I later confirmed to be reasonable at that time for the transaction size.  It took more than 24 hours to get a single confirmation!  That is completely unacceptable.
Dannaey

Activity: 468

Experience the Future of DeFi

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 06:07:44 PM

This is a good news to us. We are hoping for this one to happen in the near future. Looks like the heaven is on us. If most of the government of each countries will try to accept the endless possibility of Bitcoin, I think many retailers even manufacturers would consider accepting Bitcoins as payment.

Lpim01

Activity: 700
Merit: 117

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 10:37:22 PM

Bitcoin price stability is a big factor that affect business owners decision to accept bitcoin as mode of payment. As long as bitcoin is on that trend, only small possibilities that retailers will accept this. Actually they are willing to embraced this kind of technology but they still need time.
Succurs

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 12:13:39 AM

we do not need to have much more stores to settle for bitcoin when the variety of bitcoin users is even now extremely little. What we need to have is that much more and much more individuals will get into bitcoin and use it as an expenditure first. Then, stores can open a store which accepts bitcoi to entice them. 
ruslanv

Activity: 22

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:01:47 PM

I feel that in inadequate international locations and in villages, bitcoin may not be acknowledged at all as a payment, as there is very likely no a single heard or employed about it there. Even in designed countries, not everybody now agrees to use it.
krisnt80

Activity: 729

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:16:19 PM

Bitcoin has hit a wall, wich is the legalization into the countries, even with a lot people already accepting bitcoin as payment still being something that still far away to be recognized and accepted. Once countries legalize bitcoin we will see a boom and a lot big stores, companies and small merchants will adopt we accept bitcoin, until there just a few are taking the risk to accept bitcoin.
MukulTaneja

Activity: 20

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:38:35 PM

japan has done great for users of bitcoin,and about question ,when bitcoin will treated as official currency or atleast as secondary currency and be legalised in more and more countries.
bitgov

Activity: 1554
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:41:57 PM

I wish I could spend my bitcoins locally or even in my country at all (easily). Although it has helped me hang onto them and earn quite a bit over the years.
I think that for many people this option would have cost them much more savings than just holding a bitcoin in their wallet to increase their budget by this type of earning.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
BILGPS

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:21:08 PM

When the retailers become familiar with this crypto currency they will know about bitcoin after that they will start accepting bitcoin and it is our role to communicate new young retailers and their family members regarding this currency. We should elaborate the advantages of bitcoin. The other reason is if government allowed this currency and give the legal status to it then everywhere it can be accepted.

Hoganye

Activity: 625
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:45:20 PM

When bitcoin can afford a lot of transactions, right now it can't as the confirmation take so long (10-15 minutes). If this problem is solved and bitcoin is regulated at the country where the merchant is located, it won't take long until they will accept bitcoin.
Do you really think that a delay of ten to fifteen minutes is a very big delay,i really do not think so,the only solution we have to find out is the double spend problem and if you could figure that out then you could start accepting bitcoin with zero confirmation . Tongue I waiting for a time when amazon starts accepting bitcoin and if they do it would be great.
Yes, I think it's way too long when you can pay by other electronic means within a few seconds.  And I've seen delays much longer than 10-15 minutes.  A few months ago, I did a bitcoin transfer between my wallet and an exchange.  I paid the recommended fee, which I later confirmed to be reasonable at that time for the transaction size.  It took more than 24 hours to get a single confirmation!  That is completely unacceptable.
Yeah, we need to spend much time to wait our transaction confirm when we use it to purchase. By this problem, I remember many retailers lossed many money because some buyer use this problem to create double spending, and the result ... maybe, you know Grin
goldade

Activity: 896
Merit: 104

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:12:05 PM

Retailers are the people next door who to me based on where I am staying would be artisans and mostly people who only have basic education to communicate and aside that there is nothing else which we all know that more than that is needed to operate bitcoin. I don't see retailers accepting bitcoin at least not anytime soon over here but maybe after this generation of retailers have done theirs and gone for the new youthful generation to take over retailing activities.

rayneh

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

MatrixCoin - Creating Bright Future Together

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:15:41 PM

I wish I could spend my bitcoins locally or even in my country at all (easily). Although it has helped me hang onto them and earn quite a bit over the years.
I think that for many people this option would have cost them much more savings than just holding a bitcoin in their wallet to increase their budget by this type of earning.
As you said about much budget in the last so now they are saying that many retailers will accept bitcoin in future so let me put you are there topic between and tell you the main point. If they are accepting bitcoin as a payment method then they will earn from these bitcoins because when we are sending them bitcoin by the passage of time it's price increasing. So your point is that holding bitcoin can give you a huge budget.

██████████              █████           
████████████          ███████         
███        █████          ███████         
███        █████          ███████         
████        ██████      █████████       
██████            ██████████      █████████       
█████            ██████            ████        ██      █████████       
█████            ██████            ████        ███  ███████████     
█████            ██████            ████        ███  ███████████     
███                                      █████████████████  ███████████     
███    ███    █████              ██████████  ████████████  █████████   
███    █████              ██████████  ████████████  █████████   
█████              ██████████  ████████████  █████████   
██████            ███      ███████████      ██████████ 
██████            ██          █████████          ██████████
██████████          █████████          ██████████
██████████          █████████          ██████████

██
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

██

██
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

██

➤  TWITTER
➤  FACEBOOK
➤  INSTAGRAM
kevin.

Activity: 26

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 07:21:13 PM

I think that we will see as much more retails will accept crypto curriencies as a payment method in the closest future. It will became more realistic as we see services for merchants which help them to accept crypto coins and receive fiat money at their bank accounts. It already doesn’t look like fantastic.
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:34:29 PM

Yes, I think it's way too long when you can pay by other electronic means within a few seconds.  And I've seen delays much longer than 10-15 minutes.  A few months ago, I did a bitcoin transfer between my wallet and an exchange.  I paid the recommended fee, which I later confirmed to be reasonable at that time for the transaction size.  It took more than 24 hours to get a single confirmation!  That is completely unacceptable.
Yeah, we need to spend much time to wait our transaction confirm when we use it to purchase. By this problem, I remember many retailers lossed many money because some buyer use this problem to create double spending, and the result ... maybe, you know Grin

Transaction in bitcoin of current price is slow.But if the technology developed means, the transaction of bitcoin will be very fast. And one more thing is low purchase retailers are not accept the high value Bitcoin for 5-10$ and all.If the bitcoin replace the dollar  means, the retailers also accept bitcoin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
romeitaly

Activity: 308
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:43:55 PM

Same goes with my country. We are thankful Japan has started accepting bitcoins and it can be the start to make the range of bitcoin wider. Sooner or later, when many of the people in our countries are familiar with bitcoins, maybe some retailers and companies are already accepting bitcoin as payments.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: