Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:27:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When will more retailers accept Bitcoin  (Read 17156 times)
bobitza

Activity: 560
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:43:03 PM

I wish I could spend my bitcoins locally or even in my country at all (easily). Although it has helped me hang onto them and earn quite a bit over the years.
I think this is unlikely. Is bitcoin stable and persistent so that people can trust bitcoin. At present, the price of bitcoin increases abnormally, causing many people to worry about it. It would be hard for stores to accept bitcoin payments.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
keeee

Activity: 574
Merit: 267

" Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back "

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:43:51 PM

"Japan: No Bitcoin Tax, Thousands of Stores to Accept the Cryptocurrency"

article published July, 5, 2017
https://edgylabs.com/2017/07/05/japan-no-bitcoin-tax-stores-accept-cryptocurrency/

"AirRegi is a widely used, tablet-based point-of-sale app in Japan. Currently, around 260,000 establishments, stores, and commercial facilities use this proprietary app to accept payments from their clients."

It makes sense that a transition to accept bitcoin would be underway for more US-based stores.
More retailes will accept bitcoin as a way of payment in the future if the bitcoin will continue to get popular by its increasing price. They will realize that bitcoin is good to use and they can earn profit to it . Not only that, they will also experience fast transaction of money.

ghost424

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:58:31 PM

I guess retailers and small businesses will start accepting bitcoin if they are taught on how to use bitcoin and a lot of people in the community must be knowledgeable about bitcoin so they can start using it. If this happens, then lot of business creations will have a capital of bitcoin.
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 05:37:15 PM

There are many country are adoption Bitcoin as a digital currency in their market.And some countries will focus on it and anytime they will be reached a positive decision about legalize Bitcoin.After adopting more countries, Then more retailers will accept Bitcoin.
with many countries starting to accept Bitcoins, they will start enforcing its use if they their benefit in this regard. For example, if a country decides heavily in Bitcoins and invest large amounts in it, then they will force the local market and retailers to transact through Bitcoins. They may offer discounts to retailers by persuading them to use Bitcoins. In this way, Bitcoin can spread like an air.
I think there is no legal news for this bitcoin adoption in any country. and I saw news like in some countries state governament is putting the tax to those who are using bitcoins. When governament will start to earn revenue from this bitcoin transaction that time it will allow retailers to accept bitcoin.
Charisse1229

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:04:16 AM

It would really still depend on a particular country if they would do have the same views about bitcoin and we all know that not all countries do have the same views and perspective about bitcoin. And i think we do not need more retailers to accept bitcoin when the number of bitcoin users is still very small. We do not need that becuase we can handled itself. Someday bitcoin become papular in the whole world.
Choyor

Activity: 672
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:48:05 AM

What happens in my country is the unavailability of services that receive Bitcoin as a means of payment, be it shop, transfortasi, or salary of employees. so Bitcoin users can only redeem their BTCs into cash only. until when all this will last, maybe until later until the developers of business see progress Bitcoin better and common in use in my country.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:14:06 PM

There are many country are adoption Bitcoin as a digital currency in their market.And some countries will focus on it and anytime they will be reached a positive decision about legalize Bitcoin.After adopting more countries, Then more retailers will accept Bitcoin.
with many countries starting to accept Bitcoins, they will start enforcing its use if they their benefit in this regard. For example, if a country decides heavily in Bitcoins and invest large amounts in it, then they will force the local market and retailers to transact through Bitcoins. They may offer discounts to retailers by persuading them to use Bitcoins. In this way, Bitcoin can spread like an air.
I think there is no legal news for this bitcoin adoption in any country. and I saw news like in some countries state governament is putting the tax to those who are using bitcoins. When governament will start to earn revenue from this bitcoin transaction that time it will allow retailers to accept bitcoin.

You probably right on this one. Think that this is how they see this problem maybe as a solution but think that many wont like this options as solution.
Think that this will be only some start up model for some future let say this "negotiation" for bitcoin usage globaly.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Andre#

Activity: 737
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:44:29 PM

You probably right on this one. Think that this is how they see this problem maybe as a solution but think that many wont like this options as solution.
Think that this will be only some start up model for some future let say this "negotiation" for bitcoin usage globaly.

In my opinion, just the retailer accept to pay the government tax when they use Bitcoin as payment method, I think it is very easy to make this future become the truth.
The government worry their power can be affected by the existention of Bitcoin in payment system, so, they banned it before this situation happens.
Zabrielle

Activity: 294
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:48:36 PM

In Japan there are plenty retailers accepting bitcoin. Oh well bitcoin all started there. In my countries not yet. Not even a single retailer is accepting bitcoin yet. I heard in some other countries some retailer are beginning to recognize bitcoin as a payment. In regard with government, maybe they will allow bitcoin as payment as long as it will be tax. So far in my country the government is not having a violent reaction hehehe. For sure the government in my country knows that the people are doing bitcoin and its rampant. In fact bitcoin people looking forward that one of this day we can use this to pay for our bills.
Andrej Peiboski

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:07:22 PM

There is still a lot of suspicion about bitcoin; in Europe shopkeepers are scared by fiscal authority, as there is still no clear regulation.

reymartH

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:11:57 PM

It turns out Businesses and Governments from around the World are slowly accepting Virtual Currencies, as they partner up with upcoming Third-party Bitcoin services that act as middleman to facilicate the exchange of Cryptocurrency directly to Fiat Currency.
azguard
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:13:21 PM

There is still a lot of suspicion about bitcoin; in Europe shopkeepers are scared by fiscal authority, as there is still no clear regulation.

Mostly all are afraid of using bitcoin in any way. Regulations are easy to bypass but sometimes it turn to be knife in back. Maybe main reason for this may be that bitcoin is not accepted by any government and they still see bitcoin as illegal activity for everything. If this changes to better then we could see some improvement.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

gunungkembar

Activity: 545
Merit: 43

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:18:10 PM

https://edgylabs.com/2017/07/05/japan-no-bitcoin-tax-stores-accept-cryptocurrency/

"AirRegi is a widely used, tablet-based point-of-sale app in Japan. Currently, around 260,000 establishments, stores, and commercial facilities use this proprietary app to accept payments from their clients."

It makes sense that a transition to accept bitcoin would be underway for more US-based stores.

retailers will receive payments using bitcoin when bitcoin prices stabilize and when retailers understand the benefits of making payments using bitcoins.
MAJICOIN

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:51:42 PM

for me it is important to use bitcoin for buying of some products and services and some of the users are using bitcoin as the profit margin for them they are happy when the prices are high and they are sad when the prices become fall. the retailers in our country are not accepting bitcoin as regular payment for them. i think in the future they will understand the value of bitcoin and the use of this coin will convince the retailers for the acceptance.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
kyanscadiel

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 02:58:23 AM

I think it will take more and more years before it is finally accept by all retailers as a mens of payment.  We all know that bitcoin is not yet legal by other countries and in fact there are vountries that ban the use of bitcoin. Government will have to legalize it first before we see retailers accept bitcoin.

Dazler

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:05:41 PM

Perhaps it is not like this but if our government will accept bitcoin and they will make bitcoin legal then they will accept bitcoin. Bitcoin acceptance and usage increase with its legal and proper use. Bitcoin will be higher in future so retails will accept bitcoin and they will invest in bitcoin with high strategy and with high demand. Now several countries are working with it and are making bitcoin as legal currency.
L00n3y

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 04:39:13 AM

If all countries around the world is as rich and as modern as Japan then maybe majority of retailers have already accepted bitcoin. Accessibility is a big problem with bitcoin. A lot of small businesses in underdeveloped countries does not have the technology to engage with bitcoin.
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 01:22:01 AM

The key drivers for mass adoption of Bitcoin amongst commercial subjects are two - lower volatility of Bitcoin and friendlier legal and compliance standards. We are still far from such an adoption, I would say that Bitcoin nowadays is rather asset to speculate on than currency to pay with

I agree. This really is something i am sure no one can ever argue about. No matter how much we like bitcoin and our other favorite currencies in the crypto world, this facts always slaps us in the face reminding us that we are still quite far from using these crypto currencies as real currencies and not just an investment to fatten pockets of greedy people.
azguard
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:33:03 AM

Japn was and still is one step ahead from everything. They dont fear any risk and they only go forward not backward. This is something that is happen from end of WWII, from that point they go only forward in so many way and they are probably most technological strong nation in the world. They have evrything you need and they are alwats ahead of time in many ways. For them as nation to accept bitcoin was something that no one could say it is possible and they done it.

Maybe they will be first nation who will create some new coin that will completly change crypto today maybe not, but I cant say that this is happen would surprise me at all.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Gringoblin67

Activity: 104
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:38:59 AM

Most retailers are afraid of Bitcoin's unstable nature. Yes, the price could climb so fast it would make them unimaginably rich, but the other way around is also a possibility which isn't really good for business.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: