Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:55:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When will more retailers accept Bitcoin  (Read 17156 times)
yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:10:45 PM

There are many country are adoption Bitcoin as a digital currency in their market.And some countries will focus on it and anytime they will be reached a positive decision about legalize Bitcoin.After adopting more countries, Then more retailers will accept Bitcoin.
with many countries starting to accept Bitcoins, they will start enforcing its use if they their benefit in this regard. For example, if a country decides heavily in Bitcoins and invest large amounts in it, then they will force the local market and retailers to transact through Bitcoins. They may offer discounts to retailers by persuading them to use Bitcoins. In this way, Bitcoin can spread like an air.
I think there is no legal news for this bitcoin adoption in any country. and I saw news like in some countries state governament is putting the tax to those who are using bitcoins. When governament will start to earn revenue from this bitcoin transaction that time it will allow retailers to accept bitcoin.
The problem comes when these low businessmen don’t know about bitcoins. If you just make a survey of these normal people who don’t know any technical field and are just casual retailers, they even didn’t hear the name of bitcoins. This is main reason for these people not accepting bitcoins and when bitcoins will totally spread over the world, then results will be much prominent.
I think the reason is because people don’t believe that Bitcoin can serve as a good method of receiving payment from their customers. They are used to making use of only cash in their retail stores, retails stores that a little more advanced would add up other forms of online banking systems to speed things, but as for Bitcoin, they won’t ever think of stepping a foot into it.
Bitcoin has been introduced only a few years ago so it will take a lot of time for bitcoin to make a better reputation. Moreover, still there are not so many people who know about bitcoin. I am very much confident that in the near future, when more number of people will get to know about bitcoin then things will change in much obvious way. Things will be in favor of bitcoin in the days to come.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mr.John19

Activity: 350
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 04:06:39 PM

That sound good that Japan accepts the cryptocurrency to the different store or retailer. I am sure that some country will also like Japan did in the cryptocurrency. When that happens all the user of the bitcoin, convenient to purchase a product whether it an online shop or ordinary transaction. I wish that our country will also accept bitcoin.
imking

Activity: 406
Merit: 117

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 02:20:07 AM

"Japan: No Bitcoin Tax, Thousands of Stores to Accept the Cryptocurrency"

article published July, 5, 2017
https://edgylabs.com/2017/07/05/japan-no-bitcoin-tax-stores-accept-cryptocurrency/

"AirRegi is a widely used, tablet-based point-of-sale app in Japan. Currently, around 260,000 establishments, stores, and commercial facilities use this proprietary app to accept payments from their clients."

It makes sense that a transition to accept bitcoin would be underway for more US-based stores.

If that county legalizes the bitcoin, this will start to grow the population of the bitcoin. We can say that if their are more bitcoin user their will also many retailers will accept bitcoin. I think if that happened the government could add taxes on the bitcoin. Maybe in the future, everyone will be using the bitcoin.
racistyui

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 05:40:47 AM

i think more and more retailer accept bitcoin sooner or later because it is becoming the popular currency.

matedrink24

Activity: 188

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:18:33 AM

thanks to Japan the world may see the potential of bitcoin. I think bitcoin will be widely accepted in the future.

BumbleBeast27

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:19:43 AM

Some see Bitcoin as high risk, but I only see more congestion in the network and higher fees. Not really an advantage to both parties in my opinion.
Bandon

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:45:04 AM

I think more retailers will accept bitcoin as so as many people would start using bitcoin. If bitcoin would become popular, retailers would have no choice but to adapt and accept bitcoin.
Leopardon29

Activity: 70
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:47:35 AM

I think it's a good thing that some retailers are not yet open to transacting in BTC as it might make the congestion worse at this time.
Charisse1229

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:56:23 AM

I don't really see this will happen but if the price of bitcoin will be more stable i can see that  more retailers accept Bitcoin will happen. But as of now, i don't think casual people, whose not techy one , maybe will not consider this as a fancy thing, or maybe if bitcoin will be a trend a mainstream trend, for sure many people will bandwagon/fanatic of bitcoin, in that time i think more retailers will accept bitcoin.

I think, legalization is the main obstacle in way of practicing bitcoins in daily life. Retailers do fear accepting payments because of illegal nature of bitcoins. And bitcoin can serve as a good method of receiving and sending payment from their reciever and sender.
Bobthethird

Activity: 27

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 10:12:18 AM

In my opinion the main problems are
a) that the fees are very high at the moment. Paying for a coke does not make sense at the moment
b) the volatility of bitcoin. During the course of a day the amount of bitcoin needed for a coke can vary by 30% easily. This make it hard to calculate for sellers.
c) transaction times are quite high
snekinmyleg

Activity: 95

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:13:23 AM

https://edgylabs.com/2017/07/05/japan-no-bitcoin-tax-stores-accept-cryptocurrency/

"AirRegi is a widely used, tablet-based point-of-sale app in Japan. Currently, around 260,000 establishments, stores, and commercial facilities use this proprietary app to accept payments from their clients."

It makes sense that a transition to accept bitcoin would be underway for more US-based stores.
For Bitcoin to be accepted by retailers I think we should convince them to accept Bitcoin, if there are any similarities then we should convince the government to accept Bitcoin and use it more popularly, Retailers may be afraid that Bitcoin is illegal and not used
selen

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 04:04:48 PM

retailers can probably adopt btc for some goods, but i cant thing of full scale acceptance by big retailers. with such volatility working capital management will be a disaster i  think
poldanmig

Activity: 1372
Merit: 275

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 04:24:49 PM

For Bitcoin to be accepted by retailers I think we should convince them to accept Bitcoin, if there are any similarities then we should convince the government to accept Bitcoin and use it more popularly, Retailers may be afraid that Bitcoin is illegal and not used
how to let us awaken the government to accept bitcoin, if I know to make the government aware of the bitcoin is quite difficult. because every government has a different idea with us so it is very difficult.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████     ▀███▀     ███          █████▀▀       ▀█████████    ███████████████████         ▀██████    ████████         ▀█████    ████
████      ▀█▀      ███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████      ██████████████████    ▄▄▄    ████      ███████    ▄▄▄    ████    ████
████               ███    ▀▀▀▀▀████    ████▀▀▀▀▀██████   ██   █████████████████    ███▀   ███   ██   ██████    ███▀   ████    ████
████    █▄   ▄█    ███    ▄▄▄▄▄████    ████▄▄   █████   ▀▀▀▀   ████████████████         ▄███   ▀▀▀▀   █████         ▄█████    ████
████    ██▄ ▄██    ███    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████    ▀▀▀▀    ████            ███████████████    ████████            ████    █▄   ▀█████    ████
████    ███████    ███          █████▄▄       ▄████    ▄████▄    ██████████████    ███████    ▄████▄    ███    ███▄   ▀███    ████
█████████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀████▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀████▀▀█████
█████▄  ███  ██  █  ▄▄ ██   █████
██████▄ ▀█  ▄█  ██▄  ▀██  █▄ ████
███████▄   ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀▀  █▀     ▀███
████████▄▄▄██▄▄███▄▄▄██▄▄███▄▄███
██████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀███
████▀▀                ▀▀█   ██
███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ █ ███
███ █ ▄▄ █ █ ▄▄ █ █ ▄▄ █ █ ███
███ █ ▄▀ █ █ ▄▀ █ █ ▄▀ █ ▀ ███
███ █▄▄▄▄█ █▄▄▄▄█ █▄▄▄▄█   ███
███                      ▄████
███  ██████████████████  █████
███                      █████

9000+ SLOTS 
█████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▄  ▀▀████████
█████▀ ▄███▄ ▄███▄ ██████
████▀▄▄ ██▀▀ ▀▀██ ▄▄▀████
████ ▀ ▄▄ ▄███▄ ▄▄ ▀ ████
████ ████ ▀███▀ ████ ████
████▄ ███▀ ▄▄▄ ▀███ ▄████
█████▄ ▄▄ █████ ▄▄ ▄█████
███████▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄███████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
.PLAY NOW.
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
panganib999

Activity: 1736
Merit: 589

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 04:42:30 PM

I think more retailers will accept bitcoin if its value will be more stabilized. Especially now that the value is deflating every day. So maybe more retailers are still waiting on what will happen after the hard fork. Retailers are businessmen who are not ready to risk when it comes to transacting with bitcoins. They will need more time to be convinced to accept btc. It's good to invest in bitcoin if you are investing for long term but retailers need cash to run their business.
Stabilization of bitcoin price is quite impossible to happen because bitcoin is decentralized and has a volatile price. And in the first place these is some of the characteristic people want in using bitcoin on transactions, investments and in trading. So the main thing we need to do is to continue our support bitcoin for it to experience development and more growth in the future.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:53:38 PM

The key drivers for mass adoption of Bitcoin amongst commercial subjects are two - lower volatility of Bitcoin and friendlier legal and compliance standards. We are still far from such an adoption, I would say that Bitcoin nowadays is rather asset to speculate on than currency to pay with
Those two points are important I'm not going to deny that, but the biggest issue of bitcoin right now are the fees, we cannot use bitcoin as a currency when the fees are so high unless you are transferring a good amount of money the best thing you can do is to reduce your bitcoin transactions to the minimum, or to move your funds to a segwit addresses, when that changes we will see a major adoption of bitcoin by retailers.
BigTeeths

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 02:39:22 AM

It's sad to say but the volatility of btc is going to be a major hindrance to be accepted and not just that, the fees will also kill it's consumer. If only some devs fix it right away then what you want can happen right now.
emma46

Activity: 102

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 03:31:38 AM

Soon I bet. I have read somewhere in the forum that Amazon is already considering bitcoin as payment for the products and services that they offer. In addition, more and more online shops and payment centers already accept the online payment by convertion from bitcoin. Therefore, it is quite sure that they'll accept it soon.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:24:33 AM

Soon I bet. I have read somewhere in the forum that Amazon is already considering bitcoin as payment for the products and services that they offer. In addition, more and more online shops and payment centers already accept the online payment by convertion from bitcoin. Therefore, it is quite sure that they'll accept it soon.
I've heard this news from a few years ago. that amazon received giftcard payments using bitcoin I do not know this is right or wrong because I myself have never tried it and I rarely use bitcoin to shop. bitcoin deployment is sure. more and more people are familiar with bitcoin and when retailers start hearing bitcoin and seeing enthusiasm of the society will be bitcoin. certainly many retailers will start to adopt and accept bitcoin as payment option. just be patient dude
AbyssLagiaz

Activity: 185
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:30:04 AM

More and more retailers will allow the buying of their merchandises using Bitcoin when Bitcoin becomes more popular in the internet and in the whole world. It will spread its popularity through company by company. Soon even small businesses will also follow now the use of Bitcoin, however the catch is government might attempt to do something about it like taxes because there certain agencies such as here in the Philippines where BIR keeps track of the income of the companies and puts taxes into it as we all know as "Income Tax".
dulce dd121990

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 05:07:49 AM

I wish I could spend my bitcoins locally or even in my country at all (easily). Although it has helped me hang onto them and earn quite a bit over the years.

Yes me too. I was dreaming of spending my bitcoins at any store in my country and even used for my transportation ticket or plane ticket to travel around the world.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: