Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 06:43:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When will more retailers accept Bitcoin  (Read 17160 times)
removebeforeflight

Activity: 696
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:14:09 PM

Bitcoin price cannot be stable, if it is stable no one would invest in bitcoin. Most of the investors are buying bitcoin for profit and the price will move up and down. Even paper currency has price fluctuation and this is expected on all money involved transactions.
geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:03:29 PM

I think a lot of retailers will finally accept bitcoin when bitcoin is legally accepted  all over the world.  Acceptance of retailers usually varies from the popularity of the certain product or services and how does  it affect the market and the economy.
Depends on the government but I see most governments around the world do not accept bitcoin because bitcoin has some special features, that makes it great but it also makes the government unmanageable, and many people like to use bitcoin for illegal activities that have a big impact on the economy, and the government will not want that to happen, so they will not allow bitcoin to be legalized. I believe the retailers want to accept bitcoin because the value of bitcoin can increase over time, accumulate it more, they will get many benefits, but they could not overcome the barriers of government and law, that is a sad thing for them

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
grabpopcorn536

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:34:29 PM

"Japan: No Bitcoin Tax, Thousands of Stores to Accept the Cryptocurrency"

article published July, 5, 2017
https://edgylabs.com/2017/07/05/japan-no-bitcoin-tax-stores-accept-cryptocurrency/

"AirRegi is a widely used, tablet-based point-of-sale app in Japan. Currently, around 260,000 establishments, stores, and commercial facilities use this proprietary app to accept payments from their clients."

It makes sense that a transition to accept bitcoin would be underway for more US-based stores.
I think retailers do not yet have the need to use bitcoin because of the high price of Bitcoin. If those retailers appear in underdeveloped or developing countries, they probably will not accept Bitcoin

Tavarez

Activity: 700
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:46:09 PM

they need more consistency (Bitcoin is by nature very volatile in price) and that must be nightmare of every retailer. Just imagine situation were retailer sells a pc for one btc (xxxx value) and then wakes up the next morning to discover the new btc price (e.g. 30% dip overnight). So it is new and dangerous zone for them. Thou some of them act as medieval merchants.
cr_liev

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:07:51 AM

I think more retailers will began accepting Bitcoin when governments are accepting of it. That way, retailers won't face a crackdown from the government if they implement Bitcoin payments.

In addition, retailers may be afraid of the mess happening with bitcoin price jumping one moment high another moment down. The volatility will cause many troubles if to use bitcoin as the means of payment.
portotoi

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

Blockchain with a Purpose

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:46:42 AM

Yes, very soon, Bitcoin will start a tough retalers business. In our country, there is a little more beard than the administrative side against Bitcoin because of which everyone is trying to stay a bit safer. Moreover, Bitcoin prices are a little lower. When Bitcoin prices are little the same, retailer business will start buying Bitcoin. They are now afraid that buying Bitcoin again does not hurt. They do not want to take risks.

Or maybe they just don't realize the worth of bitcoin that is why maybe they don not accept bitcoins. But if they just only knew that if they start receiving bitcoin today, they will be more earnings for tomorrow. 

azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:01:06 PM

Yes, very soon, Bitcoin will start a tough retalers business. In our country, there is a little more beard than the administrative side against Bitcoin because of which everyone is trying to stay a bit safer. Moreover, Bitcoin prices are a little lower. When Bitcoin prices are little the same, retailer business will start buying Bitcoin. They are now afraid that buying Bitcoin again does not hurt. They do not want to take risks.

Or maybe they just don't realize the worth of bitcoin that is why maybe they don not accept bitcoins. But if they just only knew that if they start receiving bitcoin today, they will be more earnings for tomorrow. 

Or that nothing can be sure with retailers and what they think and want to do. Probably what the most fear is price they dont know what will be price next day and maybe cuz of that they dont want to have anything with it also there is another think what if price go up the next day then we could say they regret it.

We need to give them time for this im sure eventually it will be good for all of us.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

butcherme

Activity: 368
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:06:23 PM

It's great if retailers and other establishments will be accepting bitcoin because it will be more convenient for people to transact using bitcoin. Bitcoin made transactions easier and faster. Maybe when most people are already aware and retailers are all aware about the convenience of having bitcoin.
illnino

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:44:02 PM

I think more retailers will began accepting Bitcoin when governments are accepting of it. That way, retailers won't face a crackdown from the government if they implement Bitcoin payments.

Probably one good reason they are still in no go for the moment. They dont now how will government react or will they add some additional paper work or tax or something new that see them fit. Many still considering adding crypto payment but still have fear and risk of doing so. Believe when the time comes for this many will activate this, also believe that they are testing this for the moment they see this fir for use.

I think it's unprofitable for sellers to take bitcoin as a payment because of its unstable price and too high commissions for transactions. Bitcoin is best used as an investment asset.
Cryptophorus Columbus

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:39:00 PM

With a so high volatility, it's risky for a retailer to accept any kind of cryptocurrency.
I think we still 2 or 3 years before mass acceptance (think about how difficult was in the past to pay with credit card, and somewhere still now)
astrid.uchiha24

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:02:04 AM

Bitcoin price cannot be stable, if it is stable no one would invest in bitcoin. Most of the investors are buying bitcoin for profit and the price will move up and down. Even paper currency has price fluctuation and this is expected on all money involved transactions.
And that is the leading reason as to why people are divided in the idea of bitcoin, some says it's just a bubble and other says it is a good investment and will still keep that way.
More retailers will accept bitcoin if it keep on continue its pace, it is like a normal occurence as the time goes by.

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
Telegram Facebook www.casperproject.io Github Twitter ANN
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:02:13 AM

https://edgylabs.com/2017/07/05/japan-no-bitcoin-tax-stores-accept-cryptocurrency/

"AirRegi is a widely used, tablet-based point-of-sale app in Japan. Currently, around 260,000 establishments, stores, and commercial facilities use this proprietary app to accept payments from their clients."

It makes sense that a transition to accept bitcoin would be underway for more US-based stores.
If only all countries around the worl is as progressive and is as advanced as japan is then goodbye fiat money and hello to cryptocurrencies.
We cannot expect every single country to be like Japan, in fact I did not thought that a country will adopt bitcoin as fast as Japan did, it is very likely they are thinking that bitcoin is offering an opportunity to make their economy more prosperous and that is why they have decide to adopt bitcoin despite the reservations that other countries like China and the US have about bitcoin.
kkukkugaga

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

Hello World!

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:52:05 AM

Once they tried to invest in btc or when they buy btc and they gain profit, then maybe they will be more encouraged to use it. They will surely accept it and invite other retailers like them to join.

T r a x i o n                                                            TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY       Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
Github     Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Reddit     Youtube
mriansa

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:54:09 AM

retailers will receive payments using bitcoin when bitcoin is very stable and when retailers know the benefits of having much bitcoin, if bitcoins are still not like that it seems that few retailers are receiving payments using bitcoins.
Gabrieelle

Activity: 364
Merit: 267

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:02:46 AM

retailers will receive payments using bitcoin when bitcoin is very stable and when retailers know the benefits of having much bitcoin, if bitcoins are still not like that it seems that few retailers are receiving payments using bitcoins.

I agree most retailers don't have time to study about bitcoin which ends up knowing nothing about how it works and what are its advantages. If they are knowledgeable about it I think it will be much better for their business although we all know that in the world of business stability is important and bitcoin is not stable.
hynext

Activity: 350
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:15:50 AM

Someday my country will more accept bitcoin on remittances or even merchants. I enjoy using bitcoin if they include in groceries and department store. But I guess the government will under go to pay extra charges to it.   
balakang00

Activity: 266

Platform for Investing in Cryptocurrency and ICOs

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:18:57 PM

I guess retailers will accept bitcoin when they see others start to accept it. People just cope up to what they see on their surroundings so i think a big retailer needs to accept it and see it's advantages by then others will follow.

HappyDevil

Activity: 86

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:33:07 PM

There have been a number of major retailers that have accepted bitcoin in payments and transactions. More time is needed for the next retail system to develop a market access plan using bitcoin in exchange. I think the day you can buy everything around the world with just a phone with a bitcoin wallet. That is a wonderful thing.
whyrqa

Activity: 1093
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 05:15:45 PM

There have been a number of major retailers that have accepted bitcoin in payments and transactions. More time is needed for the next retail system to develop a market access plan using bitcoin in exchange. I think the day you can buy everything around the world with just a phone with a bitcoin wallet. That is a wonderful thing.
I agree that using a phone in online mode for crypto currency you can buy different things, but it will be a very narrow sphere of service for a very narrow circle of people. Of course today online sales are becoming a hit all over the world, but the crypto currency is not so popular today. Perhaps in the future the situation will change, but it takes a lot of time to do this.

#business #forextrader #bitcoinnews #invest
shaun98

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:07:29 AM

I think it is underway, but I believe it will take a long while before such payment methods are enabled by retailers, especially big ones. Hopefully it will happen soon though.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: