Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:42:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When will more retailers accept Bitcoin  (Read 17156 times)
repsol

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:07:01 AM

may be currently retailing in the country that legalize bitcoin already use bitcoin, but in my country retail can not use it because bitcoin still not legal in my country.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                   
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
supermam

Activity: 209

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:09:33 PM

I think more retailers will accept Bitcoin when bitcoin will be recognized as digital currency and will be recognized by the government
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:01:28 PM

I guess retailers will accept bitcoin when they see others start to accept it. People just cope up to what they see on their surroundings so i think a big retailer needs to accept it and see it's advantages by then others will follow.
I think that what we are seeing is the opposite, the first people that began accepting bitcoin were not owners of big companies but people with small businesses as bitcoin becomes more popular the bigger business will not be able to afford to not accept bitcoin or they are going to lose customers to those business that accept bitcoin, at that point we will reach critical mass and bitcoin will spread like wildfire.
Jembut Ireng

Activity: 586
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:56:47 AM

This is the most awaited by us, as we know that bitcoin users are on the rise and it's time we hope more retailers can receive bitcoin directly, if more and more retailers are receiving bitcoin then users are increasing.
fanita

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:22:37 AM

maybe bitcoin is not known to many people so people who have bitcoin less than people who have cash. if retailers want to use bitcoin as money that people use as usual, if retailers know about bitcoin maybe all that will happen large amounts move into bitcoin as the currency they use for transactions. bitcoin is needed by retailers because bitcoin will benefit all of them, conscious retailers about bitcoin let you get its benefits.

avia

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:30:02 AM

There have been a couple of establishments in different countries that accepts bitcoin and every now and then, a few more added. However, some are having second thoughts even bitcoin users due to the high fees. But having and establishment here in my country that accepts bitcoin is on top of my wishlist. Maybe when bitcoin becomes more popular and more people are aware of its existence and positive advantages topped with low fees, then maybe more retailers will start accepting bitcoin.

_noname_

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:32:11 AM

maybe bitcoin is not known to many people so people who have bitcoin less than people who have cash. if retailers want to use bitcoin as money that people use as usual, if retailers know about bitcoin maybe all that will happen large amounts move into bitcoin as the currency they use for transactions. bitcoin is needed by retailers because bitcoin will benefit all of them, conscious retailers about bitcoin let you get its benefits.
[/quote
As mate mentioned that Bitcoin is still not known to a very high level due to some reasons like still age of BTC is not more and still there is need some more develpment for BTC so that it get trust of more people while also it need more and more advertisement so that more and more people can get information about BTC while other issue is that more areas in world have still no internet access due to which that people are unable to know about BTC. But as with time these issue will be resolve and retailer will also be increased with time.
Allura74

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:50:08 AM

The possibity that more retailers accept bitcoin is higher because we already adopted that kind of system like electronics payment because i think we are now at first step of digitalize world making all things at ease by electronics transaction then how much more if we are in the middle era of crypto world? i've imagining how life more easy if we've come on that.

Opekin

Activity: 396
Merit: 252

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 04:59:32 AM

The possibity that more retailers accept bitcoin is higher because we already adopted that kind of system like electronics payment because i think we are now at first step of digitalize world making all things at ease by electronics transaction then how much more if we are in the middle era of crypto world? i've imagining how life more easy if we've come on that.

We cannot declare a specific date or time when will actually retailer accept bitcoin but the good thing is that, it is highly used in some countries now, even in some food chains and big stores. We can be agents for retailers to use and accept bitcoin anyway. If we keep on asking them if they accept bitcoin then they will consider it sooner or later.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
sunnex100

Activity: 74

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:04:45 AM

Bitcoin is gradually breaking grounds and gaining acceptance and adoption globally. Japan has shown that it is possible elsewhere it is just a matter of time before merchants and retailers in other countries begin to accept transaction in bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
The future of Bitcoin is bright and enthusiasts must continue to sustain the momentum in order to get the buy in of governments and corporations. I believe that with proper framework and structure, more retailers will begin to accept Bitcoin

CherRic

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:29:16 AM

"Japan: No Bitcoin Tax, Thousands of Stores to Accept the Cryptocurrency"

article published July, 5, 2017
https://edgylabs.com/2017/07/05/japan-no-bitcoin-tax-stores-accept-cryptocurrency/

"AirRegi is a widely used, tablet-based point-of-sale app in Japan. Currently, around 260,000 establishments, stores, and commercial facilities use this proprietary app to accept payments from their clients."

It makes sense that a transition to accept bitcoin would be underway for more US-based stores.
To the first world countries, I think it would be possible for this to happen. They have all the resources they needed in bitcoin transation especially the speed of the internet connection. But for the countries with problems of internet and other aspects, it will be difficult.
ashfer

Activity: 353

https://luxantdigitalbank.com/

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:29:57 AM

i wish that same system of payment was there in my country here hardly few shops accepts bitcoins and some luxury hotels also accepts btc as their mode of payment other than that btc is not accepts in all the stores we go may be some day all retailers and restaurants will start to accept them.

Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:21:28 AM

https://edgylabs.com/2017/07/05/japan-no-bitcoin-tax-stores-accept-cryptocurrency/

"AirRegi is a widely used, tablet-based point-of-sale app in Japan. Currently, around 260,000 establishments, stores, and commercial facilities use this proprietary app to accept payments from their clients."

It makes sense that a transition to accept bitcoin would be underway for more US-based stores.

I think this year the bitcoins will be much more accepted in the market because they are getting famous and known all around the world. Especially in jaoan there are retailers that are highly accepting bitcoins as a mode of payment and we all know that japan is leading when it becomes in technology and i know that people will start to trust more the bitcoins because of that thing. I know that some stored in america are accepting bitcoins as a payment and now that bitcoins are rising i think they will now use it before itnis too late.
But that is Japan, for some reason unknown to me the Japanese are crazy about the latest technology and when you take into account their currency has been manipulated to extreme levels it makes sense they have a great interest in bitcoin but in many other countries, my own included, almost no one knows what is bitcoin and even worst they do not care.
ztrippin

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:13:23 AM

I think this year the bitcoins will be much more accepted in the market because they are getting famous and known all around the world. Especially in jaoan there are retailers that are highly accepting bitcoins as a mode of payment and we all know that japan is leading when it becomes in technology and i know that people will start to trust more the bitcoins because of that thing. I know that some stored in america are accepting bitcoins as a payment and now that bitcoins are rising i think they will now use it before itnis too late.
But that is Japan, for some reason unknown to me the Japanese are crazy about the latest technology and when you take into account their currency has been manipulated to extreme levels it makes sense they have a great interest in bitcoin but in many other countries, my own included, almost no one knows what is bitcoin and even worst they do not care.
Yeah but look like Japan is the only country that all retailers are accepting bitcoin as an official payment because their goverment are supporting BTC.
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:15:36 AM

We cannot declare a specific date or time when will actually retailer accept bitcoin but the good thing is that, it is highly used in some countries now, even in some food chains and big stores. We can be agents for retailers to use and accept bitcoin anyway. If we keep on asking them if they accept bitcoin then they will consider it sooner or later.
asking them whether accept bitcoin is a bit strange considering they do not understand at all about bitcoin. I think this will happen where bitcoin is a mainstream payment option where many places provide payment using bitcoins. it will take a very long time. at least until the entire world community is connected to the internet. with that they will definitely know bitcoin and ready to receive payment with bitcoin. but it takes a very long time..
JTEN18

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:09:36 AM

them whether accept bitcoin is a bit strange considering they do not understand at all about bitcoin. I think this will happen where bitcoin is a mainstream payment option where many places provide payment using bitcoins. it will take a very long time. at least until the entire world community is connected to the internet. with that they will definitely know bitcoin and ready to receive payment with bitcoin. but it takes a very long time..
Retailers will accept bitcoin if the government will allow it, and for me when retailers accept bitcoin it is their own advantage so there is no sense that they will refuse it. Maybe when almost all of the people have bitcoin in their wallet then that time many businesses will open for this kind of opportunity.
engrdaver

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:22:18 AM

Well, we have to thank Japan for really leading the way for the burgeoning adoption of Bitcoin down to many merchants or retailers. I am sure this can somehow make Bitcoin more popular as it can now be used to buy real-world products whether online or offline. It is now very convenient to pay Bitcoin because of the provided infrastructure.

As with the great USA, there seems to be a slower adoption of Bitcoin from merchants big and small. It can because of the still-lacking tax and legal framework to work with. We are having a wait and see attitude so far. Hopefully, in the coming months and years there would be an uptick in the merchants' attitude towards Bitcoin. Well, we are all hoping that soon Amazon and other big online retailers can facilitation the acceptance of Bitcoin.

There is no questions there are still many issues that e-commerce has to contend with in relation to Bitcoin. Many are showing apprehension with the currency's volatility which can definitely affect potential profits. Not to mention the reluctance of the government to fully recognize Bitcoin.

I am all into the use of Bitcoin for online payments but the problem is the fluctuating price. How can we use it as a form of payment if we don't have a specific value for it. People will get skeptical in using it because of fear of having the price go high and regret making purchases which will be irreversible. I hope we could make a standard price for it in the future.
Metherry

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:32:45 PM

most of companies that accept bitcoin stop doing it because high fee and unstable price.
in future and after LN solve all this problems will more retailers  to accept Bitcoin.
Bitcoin is for only investing now.
Prince786

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:17:19 PM

I think the improvement in the bitcoin system has changed in the long-term process of ensuring tax and bitcoin distribution of Bitcoin system, but it will certainly encourage the interest of buyers to deal with Bitcoin service.
Pintasak

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 10:55:11 AM

Many develop countries used bitcoin facilities but other retailers used cash for their bussiness bitcoin is a long term.They are needed to convince more in order to accept bitcoin..Price is still volatile.But in time more retailers will accept to use as there transaction

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: